4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Marcelle is a cruelty free Canadian company. I purchased this for $15 at Shoppers Drug Mart. It is regularly $20. I am pretty new to micellar water, and I'm not really sure how other people use it. I like to use it in the morning and at night as an extra cleansing step. I wash my face, pat it dry, then go over it with the micellar water once more just to be sure I got off all of my makeup.Then I apply my toner and moisturizer. The bottle has a pump, but it's a flat one. The blue lid you see in the picture has a section that flips up, revealing the pump part. It's circular and around the size of a cotton pad, as that's what it's for. You place you cotton pad on it, press down few times to get it wet, and your on your way. Is it necessary? No. But it works, and I like it. I really like this stuff. I trust Marcelle for my skin care because they are a nice gentle company, and I have sensitive skin. This micellar water is no different. I've been using it for about a week and I haven't had any break outs or negative effects so I will likely purchase it again in the future. It is on the pricier side, but for me it checks all the boxes.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I love it but it won't remove my L'Oréal voluminous waterproof mascara. It's wonderful besides that. You can buy other micellar water for significantly less that will remove waterproof products I love that the company is Candian

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

One of the better micellars out there IME. If you don't wear much makeup or just need a quick morning cleanse, this is great! I wear too much makeup for this to be an economical method of removing all of it, (It would be a waste of product and cotton pads) but I adore it for *after* cleansing to make sure everything is off my face. It gets every speck that I missed during cleansing and I'm left feeling very clean and ready for moisturizer. I personally don't experience any film or stinging of the eyes, and I do get right close to the eyes to remover any remnants of liner. Not the cheapest available but I usually wait for a sale and often Marcelle will offer bonus sizes or "2 for 1" packages. I agree about the dispenser. It does squirt everywhere if you're not careful but I've tried pumps too (Vichy) and they aren't necessarily any better. Of the micellars I've tried to far, this one and Vichy's are my favorites.

About reviewer (800 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

from

3 years ago

Excellent product... it's gentle and it really removes all the product off my face. I'm shocked every time. I love it and I will always repurchase. The only con is that the pump dispenser squirts everywhere.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I love the packaging for this, it's super easy to use and very convenient. The micellar water is also quite good but I have yet to compare it to anything. it leaves a little bit of film similar to a oil based makeup remover but that doesn't bother me too much since I wash my face after I use it. I just bought the simple brand cleansing micellar water so maybe this review will change when I use it? For now it's a great product even with the expensive price tag for a drugstore item (about 20 bucks CAD)

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

First of all, I have very fair, sensitive, rosacea skin that is aging thanks to poor sun protection when I was young. Take note younger ladies - sunscreen is more important than the emergency tampon in your purse... okay, maybe equally important. History: I was using Cetaphyl gentle cleanser and then switched to CeraVe which I like better. However - those gentle cleansers are so gentle and awesome for rosacea skin but they do squat for make up removal that is needed to hide said rosacea. Hello?? Washing 2-3x to get make up off sensitive, rosacea skin is a big fat no-no. Owie and drying. FF to a couple years ago, I tried Marcelle's creamy 3 in 1 cleanser that my Mum and sister love and would marry (I swear) if it were possible but it made me red and not happy. Sensibio micellar water is pretty decent but a wee bit pricey so I thought why not try Marcelle's micellar. So here I am. I have used about 5 bottles. It is fairly gentle on my skin. Pros: *Cheaper than Sensibio *Easy to find in my drugstore/walmart *My skin is not left hurting, nor breaking out (yay!!!!!!!) *Takes off my eye make up even waterproof mascara! Cons: (you knew there had to be a reason for the 4/5, right?) *I have to scrub my skin with the cotton pad. I don't like to make scrubby-scrubby with my sensitive face. Now, tonight I will do a total soak of the cotton pad - really drench that mother for all it's worth - maybe I'm not soaking it enough. And I will hold it over my face and slowly go over places to see if it works as pp have said you can do. Will see. Will update if it works better that way.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

2.0

4 years ago

I mainly use makeup remover to ummmm...remove eye makeup! Not only did this not get my eye makeup off it burned the heck out of my eyes so much I went and read the instructions again to make sure this was safe for eye use! No go from me! Will stick with my tried and true Neutrogena!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Tan

HairBlond

4 years ago

This does a good job taking off my makeup, but it leaves a film on my face that feels pretty weird. I'll still buy it again though, because I wash my face after using it anyways. My only problem with the packaging is that it tends to squirt product everywhere, which is annoying.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

Awesome! I think this could be perfect for all skin types, it's soothing and very soft on sensitive skin, it doesn't make skin oily and you don't get that tight feeling after washing your face. I was really impressed just how well it removes make up while cleansing your face. My skin feels clean and I don't have redness. This also really helped with my breakouts and I have yet to find a better cleanser than this, definitely a holy grail. The product is definitely pricey, it's about 20$ Canadian in drugstores but with the benefits and the great packaging, you get your money's worth.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I've been trying out a variety of micellar waters for cleansing my sensitive, acne-prone skin. So far this is my favorite, since it has the best packaging I've found for this type of product. I use micellar water at night and on mornings when I don't shower, moderately soaking a cotton pad before I wipe it over my face. (Shiseido's Facial Cotton is soft and leaves behind fewer cotton fibers than other brands I've tried. Unfortunately, it's expensive!) If I have makeup to remove, I typically go through at least one pad, both sides, for my forehead and another for each cheek; the rest of my face and neck is more variable. Without makeup, three cotton pads total is often sufficient. I do not rinse after using this micellar water, but I could see why some other brands' versions might make you want to (the stickiness of Koh Gen Do's Cleansing Spa Water, for instance). Everyone and their mother advocates double cleansing, but until I find a traditional cleanser that doesn't dry out or otherwise irritate my reactionary skin, micellar water will do the trick for me. As I explain below, the overall condition of my skin improved when I switched to using this product alone for cleansing, and for now those results are enough for me! PROS - The unique pump prevents spills, and you always know how much product is going to come out. I greatly prefer this to something like Simple's pour-top dispenser, which allows the micellar water to slosh out unpredictably and wastefully. Even Koh Gen Do's squeeze bottle can't match Marcelle's design. - No fragrance added. - Aloe and cucumber ingredients to soothe skin. Most companies seem to add some sort of herb, mineral, acid, etc., to make their micellar water unique, but those additions can backfire by being sticky (like Koh Gen Do's Cleansing Spa Water) or overly fragranced or something. Marcelle's version is simple and effective. - Cleanses gently and removes most makeup. It leaves my skin feeling...like healthy skin! Not dried out or tacky or stripped - just clean. I think Marcelle's micellar water does a slightly better job at cleansing than Simple's does. - My acne improved when I started using this at night in place of the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser I had used for years. I have fewer breakouts, especially on my neck, chest, and ears, because it's so much easier to wipe those areas with a cotton pad than it is to wash them with a traditional cleanser when you're not in the shower. CONS - A little pricey. I get mine for $20 CAD at Superstore when it's not on sale; occasionally you can get a deal there. One bottle lasts me about a month, when I use it nightly and on mornings that I don't shower, so this expense does add up quickly. However, when I used Simple's micellar water, I had to buy it every two weeks. Since that's a 200 mL bottle at $8-10 CAD, versus Marcelle's 300 mL size, Simple isn't much of a better deal. - Not strong enough to remove waterproof mascara. - It's most readily available in Canada, but Marcelle also ships to the US.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age30-35