NYX Professional Makeup Tame and Frame Brow Pomade in Brunette

NYX Professional Makeup Tame and Frame Brow Pomade in Brunette
Tame and Frame Brow Pomade in BrunetteTame and Frame Brow Pomade in Brunette

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Silica, C20-40 Alcohols, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Ozokerite, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Triethyl Citrate, Tocopherol, BHA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 12/6/2018 10:04:00 AM

Ohh no this product was trash!! I kept seeing it as an ABH dupe but that’s not true, this stuff is barely pigmented and goes on patchy. I’m upset I spent like $8 just to have to throw it out because my brows were looking crazy with this stuff, I ended up having to use other brow products to make it look half decent. The texture is dry and crumbly so when you try to pick up more pigment you actually end up with clumps on your brush. I’m back to my L’Oréal pomade which works much better and is a lot more pigmented.

on 8/10/2018 12:37:00 AM

I really wanted to try an affordable brow pomade so I decided to try this, it's not bad but it's just not great. I think my problem with this is that you have to use a lot of product if you want a bolder, more intense brow. I think this pomade would be a lot better if it was just a tiny bit creamier. I ADORE the Micro Brow by NYX though! That's my all-time favorite brow product. Overall just not a huge fan of this !
Pros:
-Easy to use
-Affordable
-Good shade range
-You can get precise lines if you use a very thin brush
Cons:
-Can be hard to get very bold, feathery brows
-Not pigmented enough
-It's affordable but you need to use quite a bit of product
-I like creamier brow pomades
-I think it can be a tiny bit chunky sometimes if you use too much at once

on 7/13/2018 6:21:00 PM

I like this product for natural looking brows (while I find the ABH pomade much better for crisp, defined brows) but I still have to mix it with a brow gel to get it to the consistency I want. I use a bit the Colourpop brow boss "clear" gel (it's actually white) and mix with the Nyx pomade on the back of my hand. It isn't ideal to have to mix two products just to make one usable, but I don't actually like the brow boss gel on its own because it's too white, so mixing the two together is a good fix for me!

Colour is a little too warm for me personally, definitely wish there was more of a colour range.

Because it's so affordable and great for a natural look, I will probably repurchase. But I plan on buying the ABH pomade again as well, I wouldn't consider this Nyx product a dupe. I've seen some people saying that the Nyx pomade isn't pigmented enough, but it's called a "tinted" brow pomade so I don't think it's necessarily supposed to be as pigmented as the ABH stuff. Again, not a dupe, but still a good product :)

on 5/21/2018 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The pigment is actually pretty good, but it's not creamy enough. It's sort of dry and crumble-y already from the start. The price is definitely good, and I prefer it over the other drugstore pomade, Milani's Stay Put Brow, that I've tried. Not necessarily because it's a lot better, but because it's much more reasonably priced for the quality.

I'm missing an auburn shade. I tried Chocolate, because I saw people recommending it as an auburn type shade, but it's far too cool to pass for that. To be honest, even if they did add an auburn shade, I probably wouldn't repurchase, simply because I went out and repurchased Anastasia Beverly Hills' brow pomade in Auburn when I realised Chocolate wasn't working out for me. I had forgotten how great ABH's brow pomade was in the two years since I last used it, and even though this one is so much more affordable, I still think the ABH one is worth splurging on over this.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ Affordable
+ Pretty pigmented

- Dry and crumble-y
- No auburn/warm brown shade
- Longevity isn't as good as I expect from a brow pomade. It looks a little smudged at the end of the day, and if I've spent time shaping my brows just so in the morning, I want them looking sharp all day

dries out super quickly but if you add some oil (rose hip for example) every once in a while, it works just fine!

on 3/30/2018 8:18:00 AM

I had high hopes for this as saw lots of good reviews on it. Felt too powdery, made my brows look dry (which is something I have never had before) the pigment is quite good but I couldn't see the size lasting very long and for a drug store product I don't think its that cheap in relation to others on the market

on 3/17/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is pretty clumpy for a pomade. Very intense, you have to be extremely careful when applying it. Not my preferred type of brow product. It's budgeproof throughout the entire day, however it's extremely hard to take off, I always ended up with scratches around my brow from rubbing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my gawdddd! I love this product so much, it’s creamy, super blendable and a little goes a long way. Also it’s pretty good at not budging but easy to remove once the day is done. Plus it’s super affordable and you actually get more product than ABH dip brow pomade.
Ok so I was in the nyx store and was like what the heck I’ve been using brow pencils for a while and they can get mixed results as you can sharpen then weird and they can get too short or be a little too long to work with. Anyway I got this product to try and I brought the brush to go along with it. So it cost me £15 for a lot of product and the brush (£6 for pomade and I believe £8-£9 for the brush) so I chose brunette to start with as that was closest to my eyebrow pencil shade but ended up going darker to espresso. Anyway enough about my store experience so I got home and tried out the product. I must confess it now takes me longer to do my brows than when I used my Rimmel pencil HOWEVER my brows look much more natural and it’s pigmented enough to not use half a pot a go but also buildable to look like a natural brow. The brush takes some practice but it is so worth it and I would urge you to make the change. It’s quality and affordable! My brows look better than ever and a little less crazy. The packaging is also sleek and compact too.
Only thing it dries quickly and when you go back over it you can kinda remove it with the brush. I recommend having a makeup wipe handy, clean the brush before you start and then after every few dips.
Yeah, this product is very good!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a miracle product for me! The brush it came with is amazing which is rare for drug store products. I paid 10$ for this and so far it has lasted 4 months, pretty well daily use and it’s not even 1/4 gone. It’s so good that when my Lise Watier pencil (my previous holy grail) ran out, I didn’t repurchase. This pomade has staying power and lasts through long, humid runs (as long as I don’t forget and rub my face hard) and it’s buildable. I can wear this to work in a professional setting or make my brows dramatic for a more defined or “night time” look. It took me awhile to adjust from my pencil to this pomade but that would be the case with my product. Just practice with a light hand at first and go from there!

on 12/28/2017 5:23:00 PM

This pomade is my to go! I love it soooo much ❤️ you can make fleeky brows or neutral. Everything you want to do with your brows😍

Popular Brows Products