diptyque Feu de Bois

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

on 11/17/2012 9:14:00 AM

I've been a fan of Diptyque candles for years, but I never bought Feu de Bois, which is odd considering it's one of their signature scents. Though I'm a dude, I'm not always a fan of "masculine" scents, and I assumed this was one of those woodsy, spicy, man-candles. Plus, when I've smelled this candle in stores, it always smelled like smoke and ashes and turned me off. I recently purchased a Diptyque holiday set that included Feu de Bois, and I'm pleased to say that after burning it, I really like this one. It has a lot more depth and complexity than one would assume just by sniffing it unlit. It's meant to mimic a wood fire, and while I do smell woody notes, it's not a literal interpretation. To me, it smells like an expensive men's cologne, like Creed's Green Irish Tweed. I'm giving it four stars only because it's not my absolute favorite Diptyque scent, and, in my opinion, it's mostly a Fall/Winter scent, perfect for the holidays, but not a choice for a hot summer day.

Woody, smoky, modern. I didn't like it at first, preferring fresher scents, but it's grown on me. It's the ideal winter candle.

on 1/2/2003 7:23:00 PM

This is my favorite wintertime candle - it smells like a mix of tobacco and firewood - its quite strong - this is one you either love or hate (I love it)

Popular Candles