Diptyque Feu de Bois

No Image

4.5

on 12/10/2002 5:26:00 PM

This unusual scented candle may not be to everyone's taste with its authentic evocation of burning firewood. Not only do you get the sweet, leathery and slightly resinous elements from the wood (overall not unlike pipe tobacco) but also the acrid undertone that accompanies burning. If you like that black smell that rises up when you chargrill or barbecue, you may like this, otherwise steer clear. This particular Diptyque candle has a more powerful throw than some, and the intensity of fragrance lasts all the way through the candle. A pleasant change from the usual foodie, floral and fruity candles.

on 1/2/2003 7:23:00 PM

This is my favorite wintertime candle - it smells like a mix of tobacco and firewood - its quite strong - this is one you either love or hate (I love it)

on 11/11/2003 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The best candles I've ever bought. This scent is warm, comforting, and unique. The packaging is simple and fits any decor. When lit, it always brings back good memories and the candle itself is of the best quality. This is worth every red cent...

What a beautiful, strange candle. Oddly comforting. I don't get the BBQ grill scent from this one. What I DO get is the scent of a fireplace with some sort of balsamic, resinous, evergreen type of wood burning... not a dry, oak wood fire by any means. There is no throat-clutching quality to this one. This is warm and comforting, and when I say it smells like a fireplace, I mean it REALLY smells like a fireplace. The scent lingers for hours after the candle is extinguished. This was a true surprise for me -- a dark horse if there ever was one. A lovely MUA member shared her gently-used Feu de Bois and I was unprepared to like it as much as I did. I think this would be wonderful for people who don't have fireplaces, or when it's simply not cold enough to light a fire in a real fireplace. I've always pooh-poohed all of the Diptyque hype because of a bad room spray experience (blasted my wrist with something fig and was washing for hours trying to get the nasty scent off my skin). Now I'm going to have to re-think my anti-Diptyque stance!

on 7/26/2004 11:23:00 PM

Wow, I don't know what to really say about this. As soon as I smelled this at the store, I thought "Wow, that smells EXACTLY like my dad". But I didn't say anything and I asked my sister to smell it. She exclaimed, "Wow that smells just like dad". I got a kick out of it. My dad is notorious for loading on this old man cologne that he has. I don't think it's offensive, but I don't think its heavenly either. It is definately masculine though. I might buy this for a guy, but I dont know if I, as a woman, would want to burn this in my home.

on 12/2/2004 1:50:00 PM

I really didn't want to spend $50 on a candle, but when I heard this one smells like a fire burning in a log cabin, I HAD to find out what that was like. I've been pleasantly surprised with the scent. It is not overpowering like I was worried it might be. Coming into my apartment after I've been burning it, I do feel like I'm entering a cabin in the woods where a fire has been recently put out. Diptyque was definitely on par in their description of this, and kudos to them for making a unique candle that doesn't smell like food or flowers.

on 7/14/2005 3:46:00 PM

I absolutely adore this scent. It reminds me of camping and Christmastime. I want my boyfriend to smell like this! I would love it if this was how my house smelled year round, but unfortunately we go through these so fast that they last about five days. So deliciously and strongly scented, it fills up my entire downstairs with its firey scent.

on 11/26/2006 4:47:00 AM

A very masculine scent--love it! It's perfect for blending--I usually burn Feu de Bois on one side of the room with either Tuberose or Baies on the other. Expensive for a candle, but well worth it!

I have always loved fireplaces. The home I grew up in didn't have one, but my aunt had one in her house and I always loved going see her. I would beg my uncle to start a fire for me and most times he would. I miss that fragrance and Diptyque is the ONLY company that has come close to re-creating that log fire scent. Hands down, it is the BEST candle on the market with that burning firewood scent. I only wish it wasn't so expensive as I burn them constantly in evenings in the fall and winter months. A previous reviewer is right when she mentioned mixing. You could easily burn another scent along with Feu du Bois as you could have flowers in your home along with a log fire. I do burn another scent along with this one from time to time. I hope Diptyque never stops making this lovely candle!

on 10/26/2008 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My absolute favorite Diptyque scent, along with Baies. It's the perfect woodsy, smoky scent. Other woodsy scents just don't match up (Seda France's Foret Royale or Bendel's Firewood). Hate the price, LOVE the candle.

Popular Candles