diptyque Feu de Bois

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

4.3

I finally purchased this candle after years of sniffing it in shops!!! And all I can say is "Wow"! Its an absolutely perfect winter fragrance (I definitely wouldn't burn this in summer). As other reviews have said it has the smell of an open burning log fire but it has something extra that I find really hard to describe (sorry thats not helpful I know). Several members of my family (all different age groups) also love the aroma so this would be a great present for all age groups. What I also like about this candle is that it really fills the room with fragrance without being overpowering which is no mean feat. I burned it for two hours the other night and could get a faint smell of it the next morning - seriously impressive! The only downside is the price but I have spent so much on cheaper candles in the past that are nowhere near as good as this that in future I think I will give the cheaper candles a miss and save up for Diptyque!

on 11/23/2009 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Smells like a warm fire place crackling on a cold winter's night.

I love how the fragrance of Diptyque products really fill up the room.

Woody, smoky, modern. I didn't like it at first, preferring fresher scents, but it's grown on me. It's the ideal winter candle.

I have always loved fireplaces. The home I grew up in didn't have one, but my aunt had one in her house and I always loved going see her. I would beg my uncle to start a fire for me and most times he would. I miss that fragrance and Diptyque is the ONLY company that has come close to re-creating that log fire scent. Hands down, it is the BEST candle on the market with that burning firewood scent. I only wish it wasn't so expensive as I burn them constantly in evenings in the fall and winter months. A previous reviewer is right when she mentioned mixing. You could easily burn another scent along with Feu du Bois as you could have flowers in your home along with a log fire. I do burn another scent along with this one from time to time. I hope Diptyque never stops making this lovely candle!

Popular Candles