Diptyque Feu de Bois

4.4

on 12/21/2013 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is the perfect "crackling fire" scented candle. I can't be convinced there is a better smokey, crisp, campfire scent out there. There is something green in here too but I am terrible with scent notes. Perfect for winter with a great throw. It would make an excellent gift for a man or woman. I received it as a deluxe sample with another candle purchase (diptyque had a great holiday deal), and as it finishes I feel sad because I really want the full size! Only drawback of these is the price, of course. The design is perfect. An indulgence/splurge for sure.

While I love the smell, the packaging was a rather plain box. The candle smells great up close but it did not fill the air whatsoever.

on 11/17/2012 9:14:00 AM

I've been a fan of Diptyque candles for years, but I never bought Feu de Bois, which is odd considering it's one of their signature scents. Though I'm a dude, I'm not always a fan of "masculine" scents, and I assumed this was one of those woodsy, spicy, man-candles. Plus, when I've smelled this candle in stores, it always smelled like smoke and ashes and turned me off. I recently purchased a Diptyque holiday set that included Feu de Bois, and I'm pleased to say that after burning it, I really like this one. It has a lot more depth and complexity than one would assume just by sniffing it unlit. It's meant to mimic a wood fire, and while I do smell woody notes, it's not a literal interpretation. To me, it smells like an expensive men's cologne, like Creed's Green Irish Tweed. I'm giving it four stars only because it's not my absolute favorite Diptyque scent, and, in my opinion, it's mostly a Fall/Winter scent, perfect for the holidays, but not a choice for a hot summer day.

on 1/2/2003 7:23:00 PM

This is my favorite wintertime candle - it smells like a mix of tobacco and firewood - its quite strong - this is one you either love or hate (I love it)

on 12/10/2002 5:26:00 PM

This unusual scented candle may not be to everyone's taste with its authentic evocation of burning firewood. Not only do you get the sweet, leathery and slightly resinous elements from the wood (overall not unlike pipe tobacco) but also the acrid undertone that accompanies burning. If you like that black smell that rises up when you chargrill or barbecue, you may like this, otherwise steer clear. This particular Diptyque candle has a more powerful throw than some, and the intensity of fragrance lasts all the way through the candle. A pleasant change from the usual foodie, floral and fruity candles.

Popular Candles