3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I require something long lasting but that does not apply nor look cakey. This is great foundation, it feels like high end. It's light-weight and a little goes a long way, especially if applying it with a brush. The Golden Sun has a beautiful undertone and does not make my skin look gray after a few hours like so many others this tanned shade do. I've got combo skin and this has not broken me out yet...Fingers crossed!

About reviewer (334 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 months ago

I LOVED this foundation at first. My skin looked so perfect. I had found my perfect shade and everything. Over a few weeks and months though, I noticed my skin was getting progressively worse and worse in terms of acne. My skin has always been something I've been able to control, but after repeated use of this product, I broke out into the worse acne of my life. It has seriously ruined any shred of self-confidence I had in myself. I assumed it was a hormonal issue, so I started birth control. That did not help. Now I am starting a round of accutane/isotretinoin, because of the affect this has had on my face and neck. This foundation (not even an exaggeration) has ruined my life for the last 4 months while I've been trying to figure out what the cause of my sudden outbreak was. Now, after not using this product for about 2 weeks, my skin is FINALLY showing signs of improvement, but I will still need to go through a round of accutane for the scarring and cysts that arose. If your skin is sensitive in the slightest, PLEASE STAY AWAY! It might be fine for a few weeks of use, but if you begin to notice weird things after repeated use, just discontinue asap before you're in the same boat as me.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

6 months ago

2 things to worry about The fragrance is very strong. The alcohol content. But the finish is good I can see why everyone raves about this. But I cannot accept the amount of fragrance in the bottle. So I only used once and wiped it out ASAP. If only there's no fragrance, I would total use this

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

6 months ago

Okay... Firstly, you guys reading the review on here about the staph infection from using this, that is NOT true and can not happen from a product. A staph infection is a part of the Staphylococcus group of BACTERIA. Can not come from THIS product. Don’t google it - read about it from a medical textbook. Can not contract from anything but a bacterial infection. This bacteria can come from your OWN make up brushes if not cleaned regularly or disinfected properly. So, if you have sores on your face, then apply make up with a dirty brush or sponge with a Staphylococci bacteria on it then, well.. my love, it was grow. And it will infect your face. Right, now that that is settled (hahaha), hope you’re all having a lovely day! This foundation is not too shabby! I don’t use it anymore as I’ve found a foundation I love more but this little baby is GREAT for it’s price and does last a while on your skin IF used with a primer and light setting powder. It’s not the best on it’s own but not too bad. Would buy again if I end up changing my mind with my current foundation.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2.0

6 months ago

As I see more and more of this foundation, the less I see of the L'Oreal Pro-Mattes (which, compared to this foundation, is still my favorite foundation that L'Oreal offers)... Why! This foundation is so ugh! This formulation doesn't mix well with serums or liquid highlighters and will highlight any dry patches or uneven texture you have. Fine lines are DEFINITELY augmented. The shades run COOL with a pinky-gray undertone, which clashes with the yellow tones in my skin. Good news: If you're looking for a high-coverage foundation, this is it. If you prefer to water-down the coverage, I highly suggest layering an oil on and applying with a damp sponge to decrease opacity. I have a couple gripes about this foundation. This newest foundation comes in a pump-bottle that never fully empties. I prefer the squeeze bottle of the Pro-Matte, if we had to compare it to another L'Oreal foundation. The cast of the foundation, once it dries down completely, is a little sallow too. I've experimented with both shade 425 in the winter and 445 in the summer and both had the issue of looking a little dull. It's also very drying, no matter how much moisturizer I've layered underneath. It truly does last the ENTIRE DAY though. The first word of warning about this foundation is that because it's so heavy duty, I highly recommend double-cleansing with oil and soap, because it will REALLY try to last you 24 hours.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

7 months ago

My skin type is combination of oily in the T-zone area and somewhat sensitive/normal skin everywhere else. I did not need to blot the oily areas even after 8 hours of wear. I actually liked how my skin looked after 8 hours of wear because it looked glowy and a bit dewy. Didn’t break out with this product either. Coverage was good-medium, but I found it a little hard to blend, definitely recommend a primer. Finish is more matte than I like my skin to be. Overall this foundation is a good product and I will continue to use it however will not purchase again for personal preference.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

8 months ago

This is the best drugstore foundation hands down (sorry color stay) and one of the best foundations I’ve used in my long weathered 40 year old life period - & I’ve worn foundation religiously since age 12-13. Not really to cover anything cuz I have nice skin, and do not look my age, just because I like the way it makes me look. And I’ve tried them ALL from cover girl (well ok maybe not cover girl but revlon) to Estée Lauder to Armani to Tilbury to everything in between LITERALLY. THIS is truly unique. It is what brands like MAC water weight and Nars that water feather light one or whatever just couldn’t get right. It is the fullest of coverage and completely weightless and lasts all day with a GORGEOUS semi matte finish ya don’t even need to use concealer with or powder over (altho I did to brighten under my eyes - Nars radiant in biscuit which is a little lighter than 510 - and dusted some barely there powder out of habit - Mac powder+ foundation nc43 but that was overkill a sheer powder would suffice). My shade match was 510 hazelnut. To give another idea of what tone hazelnut matches, I can wear that drunk elephant bronzi stuff plain on my face for some glow action when I don’t feel like wearing makeup. That’s on extremely faux tanned skin that naturally ranges from my palest dead of winter baseline of NW20 to NW30 in spring when the sun stays bright later - then I “tan” up with any ultra dark potion I am edging darker than nc43. This covers every single (albeit small) pore on the first go. No settling into fine lines. Looks friggin amazing all around. I haven’t even tried with a primer yet. I always forget to apply one of my myriad primers (my 2 fave primers are Charlotte Tilbury the white bottle and oil free Laura mercier). My other 2 great shade matches in my other fave foundation lately is hourglass vanish stick: amber and honey (I kinda mix them in the high and low points of my face and smoosh them together with a flat top synthetic brush like I use with this). With this infallible product, I usually apply by hand all over and blend with a flat top synthetic brush. If you’re not fast you may want to work in sections as it dries very quickly. This gives full coverage. A dampened beauty blender yields a more medium coverage. If you want to compare this to another full coverage foundation like studio fix fluid, it’s like comparing cement to water but the coverage is the same if not better. I do not know how anyone says it has no coverage unless they are applying crisco to their face first. Imagine how the feeling is on your face! I don’t detect this horrifically strong odor others are referring to. Then again I like smells in cosmetics. I’d rather something smell nice than be non fragranced or worse yet have a gross scent and not be masked by something pleasant. It is on my nose. I do not have sensitive skin though. The shade range to me is extremely impressive. At this low price point (amazon has it for like $11), I’m defo getting my fall/spring and winter shades in this foundation. I also got an extremely dark shade to use as a mixer for some super amazing foundations I cannot use right now as I’m so dark - like my luminous silk, double wear, Chanel, Lancôme and Charlotte Tilbury magic. I know they’re very texturally different (most similar to the 3 of Armani), but who cares if anything it’ll improve them. I remove makeup in lieu of sleeping in it so I can’t attest to the 24 hour claim, but my skin is on the oilier side of normal and it lasts for me on a day where I put it on early in the morning and take it off at night! And my bronzer highlight etc lie beautifully atop. For $11 and one day delivery, if you’re a good shade guesser (or they have a shade finding tool online), what on earth do you have to lose? Or maybe a dry skin wouldn’t like; I could see that it may cling to dry patches of which I do not have so that’s just a guess.

About reviewer (388 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

8 months ago

Be careful! I tried this foundation on once, my idiot self should’ve done a patch test first. It was all going normal, foundation looked good but it did cling to some dry patches but nothing horrible. I had this foundation on for a day and just started to feel itchier than normal, it started burning around my eyes and I immediately took it off. I’m writing this review tomato-faced xD Perhaps it was the alcohol content everyone was worried about? I haven’t had this problem before with any foundation I’ve tried in the past but well, now I know there’s something in this I’m sensitive too. Again, be careful!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

8 months ago

I haven't written a review in years, but this product was so bad I felt like I needed to warn others before their skin gets wrecked like mine. I have acne-prone skin that is also sensitive, but haven't been breaking out much over the last few years. When I did it was almost always just clogged pores/blackheads and small whiteheads. Then I started using this foundation. It does have a nice finish and a good shade range on the pale side of the spectrum, but those are the only 2 positive things I can say about it. I've never had issues with this brand in the past. Most of my drugstore makeup is from L'Oreal, so I was not expecting the results I got from this line. As others have already mentioned, it smells STRONGLY of a fresh/slightly floral perfumey scent. The first few wears of this went fine. But then I started breaking out after maybe the 4th wear. I got one under the skin pimple on my nose (where I've never gotten anything but blackheads, even as a teenager) but I blamed it on my period and used this stuff again only to wake up the next day with multiple under the skin pimples and inflamed whiteheads, mostly on my chin and forehead. I got a pimple on my undereye dark circle area below one eye. WTH? My skin looks like it did in high school a decade later, maybe even worse. Because my skin is so sensitive, some of the little inflamed pimples on my forehead which were likely at least in part caused by dermatitis got infected with staph bacteria. Not MRSA or anything, just regular staph. But still. So now my skin looks like a complete mess and hurts and will take weeks to fully heal. I've been using the matching concealer, and I just noticed that it also has the same perfumey scent to it, it's just not as strong. This likely explains the undereye pimple, which was something I've never experienced before. Did I develop a reaction to the perfume after multiple exposures? Probably. I never realized how badly my skin could react to perfumes in products, as I've never had this issue in the past, even with other fragranced products. Thank you so much L'Oreal for putting ingredients that are known irritants in your face makeup products. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put a strong, "fresh"-smelling perfume in this line of products to match the name should be fired.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

8 months ago

I’ve determined this foundation to be the recent cause of a terrible acne outbreak. My skin is sensitive & acne prone even at 38 yes of age, but my god this has wrecked my skin like nothing I’ve experienced. Those with sensitive & acne prone skin should avoid this!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair