L'Oreal EverPure Blonde Shade Reviving Treatment

L'Oreal EverPure Blonde Shade Reviving Treatment

on 2/2/2017 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I am 66 and have natural, white hair and well water, and I use this is the way I would use Manic Panic virgin snow. I just pile it on my dry hair ( I don't even wash it first but I do not use styling products) and sit under my heat cap for - a while. as long as you want or 15 minutes of so. Then I wash and condition my hair and wow, great white hair, no yellow. I was going to the salon and getting treatments and all I got was purple hair (Redken toner.) anyway boomer sisters, try it. Got a bunch at Big lots for 2.99, and I do the treatment about once a week. I think the heat cap is a key component.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Edited to add: It completely slipped my mind - the "brass banishing" powers of this "treatment" are nearly non-existent. Loreal added a purple tint that is supposed to counteract gold tones... however they made the mistake of the purple being WAY too light. It will not deposit onto hair darker than a level 10, so good luck. I would opt for a real toner or at least purple shampoo (shampoo opens the cuticle more, hence why purple shampoos are more popular than conditioner versions).

---------------

I've been hating on a lot of L'Oreal haircare recently because the ingredient lists have turned into garbage. This still has isopropyl alcohol in it, which disappoints me. But at least that's near the end of the list (meaning it contains a very low content of it).

I wouldn't really consider this to be a treatment. It doesn't reconstruct the hair like a protein masque would nor does it relink broken bonds like Olaplex. L'Oreal EverPure Blonde Shade Reviving Treatment is moreso just a deep conditioner. I feel like the silicone in this gave my hair a lot of healthy feeling slip. My hair felt soft after showering.

Would I repurchase this? Honestly, no. It makes for a nice conditioner but at nearly 4oz for $10, that is just not a justifiable cost for such a mediocre product. I'd gladly pay double that if this had long term benefits or if the price per oz was fair.

Here is an ingredient list: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydroxyanthraquinoneaminopropyl Methyl Morpholinium Methosulfate, Sodium Hydroxide, Trideceth-6, Iris Florentina / Iris Florentina Root Extract, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance, Passiflora Incarnata / Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hexyl Cinnamal.

on 11/16/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this after using a sample and loving it.
I don't use it to tone my hair.
I use it when I want a guaranteed good hair day.
It makes my fine/limp hair manageable and tames my short crown hairs etc.
And my hair doesn't feel dirty later.

on 11/1/2015 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I finished the tube of this product today, I was mixing it with other conditioners or masks because in the shower it never felt like it was doing anything on it's own-color or moisture wise-but today I used it by itself and the result after the shower was pretty impressive, soft, shiny, moisturized blonde hair, the opposite of what my colored/bleached blonde looks like, it also brought some wave/curl back, will definitely repurchase.
EDIT: will not repurchase because it has zero effect on my frizzy hair

on 5/16/2015 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Price was just right at Ulta for $6. Wasn't sure what lippy to choose
Anyway. This stuff is AMAZING. My hair went from dark brown to a light blonde ombré in one sitting. It was a tad bit brassy and yellow, bought this the next day as my hair was rough around the edges as well from the bleach... Turned my hair into a beautiful toned down blonde and made it SO soft.
This product is the best I have ever tried for blonde hair. And it smells good to! Xo

on 4/5/2015 11:27:00 PM

This is an anti-brassiness treatment and that's exactly what I needed it for. My latest at-home highlight job turned out too yellow and I want more of a white / cool blonde look. It was $13.99 Canadian. This is quite good, it's like a conditioner you leave in for a while. It says 3 - 5 minutes but my hair was on the yellow side and I have done two times at 10-12 minutes each time (on towel-dried hair) and it has made an improvement. I will keep using it to guard against brassiness.