Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Perfector

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Perfector

3.5

Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isosonanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Paraffin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Magnesium Silicate, Tin Oxide, [ /- May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides, CI 75470/Carmine], (F.I.L. C165606/4)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is amazing!!! I love it. It mattifies without you a. Having to blot beforehand meaning you don't need multiple products and b. Doesn't add ANY texture whatsoever so doesn't go cakey! Once you use it you literally don't have to use it again for the rest of the day! My only comment is I wish the sponge actually fit inside the compact instead of the separate sleeve thing you get but you can't have it all.

on 7/28/2016 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is a completely useless product. I've tried using it as a primer before my foundation. It made no difference in the application or wear of my regular foundation. I tried it for touching up my oily skin mid-day to smooth out some foundation that slipped and to get rid of shine. Did nothing that way either, it would have been the same if I just gently blended my oily foundation with a bare finger. The packaging is very pretty so I keep it on my desk and just use it as a mirror.

on 5/17/2016 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

$55 later... I bought the prettiest makeup compact I had ever laid eyes on. Honestly, I didn't want to even start using it because I didn't want to effect its prettiness. But after I started using it, I have come to really like it. For the oily girls like me who constantly have a pressed powder on hand, this product helps because instead of constantly adding more makeup to our face, we can use this instead. A little goes a long way, so no need to overuse because then it can look rubbery on your skin and it actually lasts a long time! I also love putting this on when it's a "no makeup day." It smooths out my skin, making it look just a tad cleaner. All in all, i'm happy with this purchase, but the price is something to take in consideration before buying for sure!

on 5/17/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I don't really know how to feel about this product. I don't hate it, but as of right now I don't think I'll be repurchasing. It just doesn't really do anything spectacular for me. I love YSL beauty, and once again they got me with the pretty packaging, but this product doesn't seem to do much of anything, sadly.

on 11/14/2015 5:56:00 PM

Depending on how you like your makeup, this is either a fantastic product or another major splurge that can seem a little gimmicky. Here's my reasoning - I have dehydrated yet oily skin with very noticeable pores in my t zone. I am constantly fighting the battle of hydration and skin care, but not clogging pores or irritating my sensitive skin.

The packaging is convenient and gorgeous - light girly pink and gold with a little black velvet pouch and a pad for application. I am currently using Dr. Jart Premium BB cream which for me is very dewy and sort of sits untop of the skin vs melting in. I put this ontop of that in my t-zone by patting this pink, silicone base over top of my makeup. It does really look good and blurs the almost pin-hole look of my pores and cuts down the shine. I also blend it in under my eyes where I have a bit of that chicken skin texture and beginnings of fine lines, and it helps soften that area. I have not had any breakout issues, but I don't wear a full face of makeup every day.

So, if you're into gadgets that will in fact make your makeup look better (at the whopping cost of $55) or you have the money to spend on something that is for special occasions, then this is a good product. I haven't tried any of the others or under makeup or just alone so I have nothing to compare it to.

If you're a no fuss makeup person who is looking to get out the door quickly and is on a budget, this will certainly not seem like it's worth the money or extra steps.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is amazing! I've used it before makeup and as a touch up for when I get oily. It somehow manages to completely combat oil production on my face throughout the day when used underneath foundation. I would say that it lasts around 8 hours on me, but if you need more time simply apply some more over your makeup. It doesn't cake up, and it actually makes your makeup look even more flawless somehow (just remember to pat, not swipe).

on 8/21/2015 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got sucked into this by the pretty packaging if I have to be really honest. I use this balm mainly to touch up my makeup if I'm working late hours and have interviews and want to appear polished. So usually it's center of my forehead and nose patting the product with my fingers to make sure it doesn't make my foundation budge.

The instant effect is noticeable, the areas I apply it to instantly become matte.

However this isn't a product that I can wear daily, the amount of silicone on it doesn't agree with my skin with prolonged wear and so it's an SOS product that is always in my handbag.

I also applied it once to my undereye area in the hope that it would smoothen the surface but after a couple of ours my concealer creased and moved so I won't be doing it again.

The packaging is luxurious, black velvet akin to Chanel's with a rectangular lacquered pink compact that is really elegant with a decent sized mirror. Alas, with was just a splurge because I liked the compact.

I love this product. It dulls fine lines with just a sweep. One of my new miracle products in my arsenal.

on 7/18/2015 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Oh please. If I see one more review saying that you applied this on top of your makeup..please. Read or research the instructions: Suggested Usage:

Replacing foundation:
-Apply with soft sweeping motions from the center of the face outward using the included Yves Saint Laurent sponge applicator.
-If necessary, tap additional texture on visible pores or shiny areas (the T-zone and nose).

Retouching foundation:
-After completing the makeup routine, tap the texture (without sweeping) on visible pores or shiny areas.

If you apply this on TOP of your make up DO NOT SWEEP. For God sakes women.

on 7/17/2015 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Being that I'm the ideal candidate for this product (oily skin, Touch clat addict, sucker for pretty packaging) I thought this product had my name written all over it! Sadly, not so much. I've had experience with face balms in the past (i.e. Dr. Feelgood) and loved how amazing they made my skin feel. I dabbed this over my Touch clat foundation AND Radiant Touch face that had a bit of shine and applied one side of my face with the puff and the other with my fingers. It seems it worked better with fingers but obviously not as sanitary (uses less product too). I was disappointed to see how it caused my make up to separate in my pores. It did help shine and make my skin super soft. I'm going to stay optimistic and keep trying different ways to use it but overall this is a good quality product... You just have to find out the best way to use it for YOUR skin. Before make up might just be another way my skin can agree with this. So my advise to you is to work with it in different ways to find one that works for you. The product itself is great but how well it plays with my skin is another story.

Overall: this is a silicone face balm, no magic potion here. Sure there's other options out there but for all those Touch clat addicts out there like myself, of course we will stick to what we know and love.