OPI Infinite Shine

OPI Infinite Shine

3.0

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

THIS WILL RUIN YOUR NAILS! As other reviews have started, the polish lasts a long time without chipping, it's shiny... Blah, blah, blah...at first that's all true. Here's the real bottom line: this stuff will damage your nail beds! After a few uses I noticed the polish was harder and harder to remove, that base coat wasn't going to budge. I also noticed that the edges of the polish were peeling up regularly. After 4 rounds of using this system my nails are brittle, scarred, peeling, and yellowed in spite of using the base coat. I think it has dehydrated my nails. I compare my nail beds to the scarring you'd expect after soaking off salon gels or acrylics. I can't wear polish now because even with a ridge filling base coat my nails aren't smooth. And without polish they look awful. Bottom line: it's just not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best nail polish ever. Had this professionally put on at a salon and it lasted over 7 days with no chipping.

Not sure if it was the way I applied it or not, but after applying the top coat, my shiny nail color was so dull that it looked matte. I haven’t seen any other reviews that state this. Quite the opposite. Anyone can give any tips on what might be going on?

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bought 2 shades plus the topcoat to try out for the first time. I have to say, I'm a fan. As other reviews have stated, it is a thick formula, but it dries soooooo much quicker than thinner counterparts. I especially love the topcoat, very shiny and it dries to a rock hard finish. Just make sure to use thin coats, and the thickness of the formula shouldn't be an issue, but everything is different for everyone and preferences are highly personal. I can't wait to try more colors!

on 9/30/2017 6:54:00 AM

I concur with the other reviews. Love OPI, love the colors and the packaging, but Ultimate Shine polishes are too thick and difficult to work with! I'm trying all kinds of things as I bought a set from an online store and cannot return...
Led lamp? Nope, doesn't speed the drying process, even though OPI claims that UV light helps cure the polish.
Not mixing products? Using a cheap top coat by Salon Perfect helped hide the streaks and speed up the drying process.
Next thing to try...thinner!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got their Infinite Shine Top Coat which I hated at first. It seemed that it never dried, but I tried using a very thin layer and it was better, but nothing amazing. I got on sale Tanacious Spirit -a nice nude, nothing too fancy. It stays on about a week then starts to chip (without top coat). Good product, but I wouldn't buy it for the full price.

on 5/3/2017 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I looked at this product a year ago and decided to check reviews before buying. Reviews weren't good. I was in Sally Beauty Supply the other day and saw that they had the base and top coats with "New Technology" labels on them so I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did. This is by far the best polish I've used in terms of longevity. It went a full week without chips and I finally took it off today because I bought a couple new colors.

With normal OPI or any other brand my nails will bend and crack the polish as well as chipping and peeling. This just wasn't the case with this stuff. I'd highly recommend it if you get the NEW primer that is clear, not purple.

on 3/6/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was a big fan of opi nail polishes. I bought this in 3 different colors .. and the three didn't last a day.. I did my manicure yesterday night and today morning is already chipped and ripping off. I do desk job so I should last longer. I definitely wouldn't buy it again. And the price. Like 11 per bottle. Definitely a no no.

on 1/6/2017 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had this applied at a salon and it is by far the longest lasting polish I've ever used! It's now day 7 and i'm just starting to see tip wear with no chipping whatsoever. It looks like this is a difficult product to apply at home, but if you're having your nails done in a salon definitely pay extra to get this one.

on 8/30/2016 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Bought it today, did my pedicure using the infinite shine only to be very disappointed. The polish is too thick, almost like glue. I will try adding thinner but definitely will not purchase again.

Popular Top/Base Coats