OPI Infinite Shine

OPI Infinite Shine

3.0

on 9/30/2017 6:54:00 AM

I concur with the other reviews. Love OPI, love the colors and the packaging, but Ultimate Shine polishes are too thick and difficult to work with! I'm trying all kinds of things as I bought a set from an online store and cannot return...
Led lamp? Nope, doesn't speed the drying process, even though OPI claims that UV light helps cure the polish.
Not mixing products? Using a cheap top coat by Salon Perfect helped hide the streaks and speed up the drying process.
Next thing to try...thinner!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got their Infinite Shine Top Coat which I hated at first. It seemed that it never dried, but I tried using a very thin layer and it was better, but nothing amazing. I got on sale Tanacious Spirit -a nice nude, nothing too fancy. It stays on about a week then starts to chip (without top coat). Good product, but I wouldn't buy it for the full price.

on 1/6/2017 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had this applied at a salon and it is by far the longest lasting polish I've ever used! It's now day 7 and i'm just starting to see tip wear with no chipping whatsoever. It looks like this is a difficult product to apply at home, but if you're having your nails done in a salon definitely pay extra to get this one.

on 5/3/2017 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I looked at this product a year ago and decided to check reviews before buying. Reviews weren't good. I was in Sally Beauty Supply the other day and saw that they had the base and top coats with "New Technology" labels on them so I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did. This is by far the best polish I've used in terms of longevity. It went a full week without chips and I finally took it off today because I bought a couple new colors.

With normal OPI or any other brand my nails will bend and crack the polish as well as chipping and peeling. This just wasn't the case with this stuff. I'd highly recommend it if you get the NEW primer that is clear, not purple.

on 8/30/2016 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Bought it today, did my pedicure using the infinite shine only to be very disappointed. The polish is too thick, almost like glue. I will try adding thinner but definitely will not purchase again.

on 3/6/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was a big fan of opi nail polishes. I bought this in 3 different colors .. and the three didn't last a day.. I did my manicure yesterday night and today morning is already chipped and ripping off. I do desk job so I should last longer. I definitely wouldn't buy it again. And the price. Like 11 per bottle. Definitely a no no.

on 4/23/2016 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I use OPI Infinite Shine basecoat and topcoat with regular nail polish, and the results I've gotten have been fantastic. I do cure the top coat with my LED nail lamp, and I also prep my nails with OPI Chip Skip.

The wear on this polish is phenomenal for me. I like to add another top coat after about 3 days, but that is much less hassle than filing and soaking off a gel manicure. I feel that the simple removal of Infinite Shine is well worth it. On my nails, regular polish chips on the first or second day. My nails also grow really fast, so I typically have to redo my Mani (whether gel or Infinite Shine) after 5-7 days anyway.

I have a nail lamp and previously i did at-home gel manicures for about two years. I loved the durability of gel, but the removal process was a huge pain in the neck. I hated the filing, wrapping, and soaking to remove gel manicures. The fact that OPI Infinite Shine doesn't require soaking makes it a huge winner in my book. I love this system.

on 8/7/2016 2:39:00 PM

Loving the Steel Water Runs Deep!

on 4/23/2016 4:14:00 PM

I am completely rewriting my review of OPI Infinite Shine after exchanging the entire line- basecoat, polish and topcoat for new bottles after a disastrous initial purchase. My first purchase was horrible. The polish was thick and would not apply smoothly, and the topcoat removed the polish in streaks. The exchanged bottles are a completely different story. The polish goes on super smoothly, in a nice thin coat because of the paddle brush, it dries quickly, and I am able to apply the topcoat relatively quickly. This line lasts about a day or two longer than average polishes, though I do notice that when it starts to chip, it has a tendency to do so pretty dramatically. I am pleased with the appearance and the wear, overall. It is nice and shiny. I only need two coats except on my heavily ridged thumb nails. I just wish it weren't quite so expensive.

This is not a good product. It's thick and it can go on streaky bc of the thickness. Don't waste your money