Equate Minoxidil Topical Solution 5%

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I use Kirkland Signature 5% Minoxidil. It's been amazing! During the heat wave, my hair went through a terrible deal. It was scary hot around here if you must know, and I couldn't even dry my hair properly under a bonnet dryer because I felt like I could faint. On top of it my hair lady applied a nuclear bomb of a relaxer to my head, which further weakened it. I was forced to air dry my hair for almost a month because I really couldn't handle the heat. I lost, no lie, 40-50% of my hair. It would be catastrophic on any woman,but I was saved due to having more hair than the average woman. I'm of African and Mediterranean stock, and I inherited a tendency to dense chia pet like hair. My hair looks like an exxagerated Brigitte Bardot blow out after rollers. When I tell you my mom was unphased at my loss of hair, you should know that I have an abnormally large amount of volume of hair. My natural hair is too difficult to work with since it's both frizzy and prone to painful shrinkage. Made worse since I live right in front a beach and in an area to long Winters. So I relax it to be able to sleep well and be able to style it into something since the level of shrinkage it possesses makes it an ordeal in its natural state. Anyways, I've been using this for the past 3 months to recover the volume loss and prevent breakage and it's been working! I use it twice a day every day. I love it. It has made the recovery swift and easy. I will continue to texlax my hair (not a choice unfortunately) but this has helped me to finally get it past shoulder length despite the fiasco of last Summer. You can find a supply of three months at Amazon for $13.

Over the course of 6 months I'd lost over 30% of my hair and I had a complete meltdown! My hair has always been my best feature: thick, wavy and lots of body. My stylist always had to thin it out a bit because it was so thick. I have a family history of female hair loss - androgenic alopecia so I didn't waste any time getting in to see my primary care physician and my dermatologist. Both recommended Minoxidil 5% in the foam. I've been using it for about 3 months and the difference is amazing. It's easy to use. After washing and drying my hair I squirt out about 1/2 a cap full of foam onto the lid of a face cream jar.....it's handy, rinses off easily, and I don't have to have another item on my bathroom counter. I tried putting it directly onto my palm but it melted super fast. The cool surface keeps it from melting. Then I just start parting my hair- I start on one side and make small parts going from my crown to my front hairline. I make part, put a pea size dollop of foam on my finger and apply it directly to my scalp, starting at the crown and smoothing it to my front hairline. I make sure to get my hairline covered. It only takes a small amount because you only put it in the scalp, not on the hair itself. More is not better, so only use enough to get the scalp. You're supposed to wait 20 minutes before putting any other products on your hair. This doesn't make my hair greasy. The application process took a while to get the hang of but now I don't even think about it.
The first thing I noticed was the hair fall stopped. Then I noticed all these fluffy light blonde baby hairs sprouting; now they're about 2 inches long. My hair is thicker and my hair strands look thicker and healthier. My stylist cut off all the unhealthy hair about two weeks ago and my hair is looking great. I wear my hair in a pixie cut so I'm sure that has made the improvement easier to see. I even color my hair without any problems.
With female genetic hair loss you have to add some supplements for optimum results. My dermatologist advised me to take biotin 5,000 mg daily. I also take fish oil, and an evening primrose oil / flax seed oil supplement. My dermatologist also prescribed a low dose diuretic (spironolactone) that has anti DHT properties.
For us females, hair loss can be devastating to our self image. It was to mine! I hope this information helps!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been suffering hair loss last months, i tried everything, seriuosly, everything!
then i discover that the only thing that really works is minoxidil (for hair regrow)
Equate is a good brand, is cheap, good products

Totally using it.

No side effects, no itching, no white residues