COVERGIRL Professional Super Thick Lash Waterproof

COVERGIRL Professional Super Thick Lash Waterproof

on 1/18/2018 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this mascara after reading the other reviews here and am glad I did. I have to wear waterproof mascara due to deep-set eyes and oily eyelids, otherwise I'd look like a raccoon after a few hours! It layers well over moisturizing mascara, which protects my lashes from drying out, and it doesn't get too clumpy. The price point is excellent for how well it performs. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Sometimes the oldies are what work best. Although I think it was only recently that they started making a waterproof version of this, which for myself I have to have. Anything non-waterproof doesn't perform the same on me and smudges like crazy. Holds curl well, lasts all day with no smudging and can be built up if required for a more dramatic look. And super cheap, even not on sale (like $5 CDN at Walmart) and pretty easy to find. I'm not going to even bother trying anything else anymore since I'm always disappointed and keep coming back to this.

on 2/25/2017 3:50:00 PM

I'm a makeup snob, I'll admit it. I haven't done drugstore since I was a teenager. I had to stop using LancĂ´me Definicils waterproof because it started making my eyes burn. I figure they must have reformulated it because I had used it for maybe about ten years or so, then all of a sudden the last few tubes made my eyes burn. Anyway, I was desperate for a good waterproof mascara. I have *a lot* of eyelashes and they are straight and tend to droop downwards. I have to curl them, and waterproof mascara is the only thing that will hold a curl. If my lashes droop, my whole face just looks tired. So many waterproofs just don't cut it, they won't hold the curl, or they flake or make my eyes burn. I read the reviews on this Cover Girl one and figured I'd try it, it's certainly cheap so nothing much to lose. Wow am I impressed! This is a very nice inky black (not greyish-black like so many black mascaras", gives me nice volume, doesn't flake or burn my eyes, and holds the curl all day long. I think Definicils lengthens better while this one volumizes better, but that's not really a major difference to me, since I blessed with all these lashes. I will definitely repurchase this!.

on 10/16/2016 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

An affordable classic. Gives me great volume without any clumps. Lasts all day. Removes easily with my Neutrogena Light Cleansing Oil. Just got the Covergirl Eyelash curler to see how it pairs with this.

UPDATE: might try the none waterproof version of this exact mascara since my Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser doesn't make this budge & my Neutrogena Light Cleansing Oil which claims to take off waterproof mascara barely does the job with excessive rubbing.

on 5/17/2016 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanna start off by saying that I try SO many waterproof mascaras every year, so I think maybe I'm a waterproof mascara veteran? lol

I have long and full-ish lashes that tend to stick straight instead of looking curly and happy. I always use an eyelash curler (a cheapo revlon one that I've been using forever) which I think is a MUST for changing the mascara game especially for droopy lashes like mine.

This mascara from Covergirl is just FANTASTIC. It's one of the old-school babes that sits very low on the shelves while the newer releases get all the attention. That's fine with me because I wouldn't mind having all the bottom shelf to myself.

Let's talk about the outer appearance of this mascara

The pink simple packaging is non-bulky and easy to travel with. Boring, but perfect. The wand is a traditional wand that is not too big and not too small (I have medium sized asian eyes as reference). The wand is tightly packed and tough- GREAT for reaching every lash and really combing through the lashes. It's just a great workhorse mascara, basically.

The formula of this mascara paired with the wand really builds a lot of definition and volume in the lashes without ever getting clumpy, which is exactly what I want.
The blackest black formula is truly black- no weird grayish cast.

Now the most important part of my mascara criteria: So does it smudge? Does it wilt my lashes? Does it crumble?

NOPE. This is doesn't smudge at all (as long as I set my undereyes with translucent powder as always) This doesn't wilt my curl (It holds them up nice and high to the sky) It doesn't crumble down onto my cheeks.

I think this is the best mascara discovery of my entire life so far, and I've tried almost everything. For $4.99?? I don't care how fancy the new mascaras look for this simply pink tube has stolen my heart! I hope covergirl never discontinues this gem :)

I hope this review was helpful in some way!

on 4/1/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my #1 favorite mascara. I wore it every day for an entire summer when I worked as a lifeguard, and it was not only waterproof but chlorine proof, sweatproof, sunscreenproof, and rubproof as well. I would put it on at 9:30am and it would not be smeared when I got home around 10pm. It isn't super dramatic, but it makes my straight blonde eyelashes look actually noticeable! Kind of a "my eyelashes but better" mascara. It takes a bit of effort to remove with my Almay waterproof eye makeup remover (so mineral oil pads) but it's 100% worth it. I'm not sure if it would remove easier with a different method.

The packaging is cheap and plastic, and my current tube's wand is glued in crooked, but it's like $4 so who even cares? I do also enjoy the fact that it's a plain straight tube so it fits nicely in my makeup bag. I'm not a huge fan of the oblong mascara tubes (lots of Maybelline's have this shape) because it doesn't lay as nicely with other products.