MAC Cosmetics Look in a Box: All About Plum

No Image

2.0

on 7/15/2015 8:31:00 PM

Disappointing. I had heard such good things about MAC eyeshadow, but these colours fade so fast. Even with primer, by lunchtime you could barely see that I had put on eyeshadow. Also, the box and name imply that these shadows have a purple base, but they are mostly just grey. It contains one nice blush and two reasonable lip colours. The other blush doesn't go at all colour-wise. It may even be a bronzer, not sure. Either way it doesn't fit with the overall colour scheme.

on 7/12/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was not a fav of mine with mac . I thought it would be a great buy but the colors just didn't do well and faded faster I had to reply more often then normal . However mac company has so many of my favorite pallets . You can't expect to be happy with every buy. I was some what disappointed with this one but have all the hope my next purchase will be a better experience.

on 3/30/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was the first MAC palette I've ever purchased and it was quite disappointing. I thought this would be a good buy because of the price (it was around $40 and was promoted as having about $100 worth of makeup in it). I don't know why I still bought it after swatching it in store, I think it was a combination of wishful thinking and a pushy saleswoman. Anyway, although I initially thought the eye shadows were pigmented in the store, when I got home and tried them on they performed really poorly. I've tried many times to make them work with and without primer but this palette is mostly just a dud.

There are a couple of the darker shades that are averagely pigmented but the light shades barely show up. The blushes are okay but kind of boring. The lipsticks I do quite like though and they have a plastic cover to protect them. I thought this would be really good to travel with as an all-in-one type of thing but I wish I had just bought the full sized lipstick shades by themselves instead of the palette. This palette ultimately just collects dust on my vanity! :-(