Too Faced Natural Matte

4.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Obsessed. Me in an eyeshadow palette. 💋💋💋

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette so much. This is my second high-end neutrals palette (the other being UD naked 3) and the shades are amazingly wearable and versatile. I don't ever feel the need to reach for another palette when using this unless it's to pull 1 shimmer shade for the lid. So many different looks can be created from this palette and the layout makes so much sense for quick everyday/work looks. Because it's all matte and quite silky, I find it works really well for my hooded lids.

The texture is also super amazing but different from other shadows I've tried. Compared to the Tarte pro formula and the Anastasia MR palette, these are much less "creamy" and less pigmented - which is totally fine with 7am me. They have the silkiest formula I've ever felt though and it makes blending unbelievably easy - you could do it with a finger in a pinch. Compared to those more pigmented shadows, they also don't kick up quite so much powder and you don't have to be quite so careful about dipping in ever so gently and then blowing/tapping dust off. If you have a darker skin tone, you may want to test this out in-store to make sure the colours will show up and suit your skin tone, but on my skin (NC20) they work really well.

The palette also comes with a handy guide that shows 3 different looks if you need more inspiration.

on 3/18/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my first high-end eyeshadow palette. These shadows are soft-ish but feel slightly grainy to me. Not creamy either. they're blendable and offer a good selection for natural, everyday looks. These definitely need a primer or else they don't show up on my NC35 skin. I actually thought that once I got this I'd use it more than my drugstore shadows, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Overall, I'm not as impressed or satisfied as I thought I would be.

on 3/12/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this last year to replace Naked 2 Basics because I needed something warmer. A fellow MUA-er recommended Natural Matte and it was a spot on recommendation. The shadows are so soft and pretty, and much better with my skin tone. They are also easy to blend and I've been able to do lots of different looks with this palette. It's a good palette for beginners with eyeshadow - I'm still not an expert by any means. I've recommended this to lots of people too - I'm really happy with it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Until this palette, I wasn't much of a Too Faced eyeshadow fan. Their quality is hit-and-miss, especially the holiday sets. But I am loving this one. It's my go-to for work looks, and you can transition into neutral evening looks really easily too.

The shades are soft and silky, and blend so nicely. These are some of the best matte shadows I have ever used! (and I am somewhat of an eyeshadow palette collector) The pigment is great.

If you are looking for a neutral matte palette - this is the one. I also have the Lorac matte pro - also a nice palette, but the Too Faced palette has so much more versatility with the shades. Whenever I travel, this is the palette I take with me. So much versatility, and the hard packaging make it great for travel.

My only complaints: being very cool toned, the bottom 2 shades "honey butter" and "chocolate cookie" pull very orange on me. The top row is very cool toned, the middle row is cool/neutral, and the bottom row is more warm, but nudie works great for me.

And I have to mention the shade names... I think my niece's would absolutely love this palette, but I just can't bring myself to buy those teenagers something that says "sexpresso" on it. I wish they were named something more tame.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The original Too Faced Natural Eyes palette is my #1 HG eyeshadow palette. To be honest, I think the shades in this one (despite some of them having the same name), are not the same formula/quality. If you look at the sexpresso in the natural matte palette, it's definitely lighter than the sexpresso in the original natural eyes palette. I'm not a fan of the inconsistency (the same shade names should be the same), but overall this is a nice versatile palette, and you can throw in your own shimmers and satin shadows.

on 12/25/2016 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My boyfriend gave me this one as a present and it's my new holy grail product. Extremely long lasting, even when it's raining or snowing, super creamy, easy to blend, not fading. They could be a little bit more pigmented, but they are the best for day wear. 90%

on 12/25/2016 10:18:00 AM

This is one of my absolute FAVORITE palettes. I love how creamy the mattes are and the colors are amazing! My favorite is cookie butter-seriously the best crease shade ever! If Too Faced sold that color as a single I would buy it in a heartbeat! This palette was worth every penny!

on 12/15/2016 1:47:00 PM

I really like this. I wanted a basic matte palette that had more variety than the Naked Basics, and was not really impressed with the Kat Von D shade and light (too chalky, too many similarities in shades), LORAC pro matte (shade selection issues yet again) or the tartlettes (wanted a softer shadow). This is pretty great for what I was looking for. The shadows are soft and blendable. Heaven is your basic matte highlighter that goes with everything. Nudie and cashmere bunny work for me for eyebrow shading. Chocolate cookie, strapless, and honey butter can create a nice warm eye that can be subtle or intense. Cashmere bunny, nudie, sexpresso (lol, what a stupid name) and risqué can make a cooler eye. Lace teddy is surprisingly the winner shade for me, it is a nice all over soft warm peach, I like it for everyday with honey butter in the crease with chocolate cookie or strapless to line. I have mixed feelings on too faced, but this one is a winner for me.

on 11/6/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this palette so much that I have a spare stashed away "just in case"! Originally, the biggest draw for me was that it contained only mattes, no shimmers - my hooded eyes do not carry shimmers well and it is frustrating to spend $$$ on palettes where I can only use half the shadows.

This is an incredibly versatile palette and is complete on its own - I use it for my every day work look, but I also do high impact evening looks, like a sultry smokey eye, with the same palette. I see from other reviews that there are a lot of warm toned people who love this one just as much as I (cool toned) do, so it will work no matter what your tone is.

With regard to the powder - it's very fine, easy to pick up when using a good brush, and a little goes a long way. Colour pay-off is good, but again, better when I'm using my expensive brushes as opposed to the brushes that came with my UD Naked palettes. Comparisons with the UD Naked palettes: I much prefer the Too Faced palette - with my skin tone and the hooded eye issue, I struggle to make up a complete look with just one of the palettes; the powder is harder to pick up on the brush and I need to use a lot of product to get the same colour intensity that I get with the TF palette. I probably won't buy an UD Naked palette again, but will definitely continue to keep a spare of the TF one for as long as I can still buy them!