Too Faced Natural Matte

Too Faced Natural Matte

4.7

This palette contains soft and neutral colours, looking good on every eye shape and colour. A must have if you are always in a rush and just need a wash of colour on the lids.

on 7/27/2017 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this palette. It's hard to find really good, neutral matte colors. The shadows are buttery and super blendable. I have never had a problem with them not lasting all day. I have so many shadows, and I always grab this. I wish all of their palettes had this quality!

on 7/27/2017 4:48:00 PM

This is an overall great palette. If you're looking for natural every day mattes this is it. The shadows are a similar formula to the chocolate bar palettes. The only thing I can discern as different is that these shadows are softer and therefore easily kick back from the pan.

I love to travel with this palette and can trust the look will be easy and look natural. The price of these smaller palettes do seem steep though and does hinder me from repurchasing.

on 7/26/2017 5:55:00 PM

I love this palette! I've been working on it for a long time now. I use each and every color. There are so many different ones you can mix and match with. Hands down one of the BEST and most versatile makeup palettes I have ever owned.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Obsessed. Me in an eyeshadow palette. 💋💋💋

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette so much. This is my second high-end neutrals palette (the other being UD naked 3) and the shades are amazingly wearable and versatile. I don't ever feel the need to reach for another palette when using this unless it's to pull 1 shimmer shade for the lid. So many different looks can be created from this palette and the layout makes so much sense for quick everyday/work looks. Because it's all matte and quite silky, I find it works really well for my hooded lids.

The texture is also super amazing but different from other shadows I've tried. Compared to the Tarte pro formula and the Anastasia MR palette, these are much less "creamy" and less pigmented - which is totally fine with 7am me. They have the silkiest formula I've ever felt though and it makes blending unbelievably easy - you could do it with a finger in a pinch. Compared to those more pigmented shadows, they also don't kick up quite so much powder and you don't have to be quite so careful about dipping in ever so gently and then blowing/tapping dust off. If you have a darker skin tone, you may want to test this out in-store to make sure the colours will show up and suit your skin tone, but on my skin (NC20) they work really well.

The palette also comes with a handy guide that shows 3 different looks if you need more inspiration.

on 3/18/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my first high-end eyeshadow palette. These shadows are soft-ish but feel slightly grainy to me. Not creamy either. they're blendable and offer a good selection for natural, everyday looks. These definitely need a primer or else they don't show up on my NC35 skin. I actually thought that once I got this I'd use it more than my drugstore shadows, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Overall, I'm not as impressed or satisfied as I thought I would be.

on 3/12/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this last year to replace Naked 2 Basics because I needed something warmer. A fellow MUA-er recommended Natural Matte and it was a spot on recommendation. The shadows are so soft and pretty, and much better with my skin tone. They are also easy to blend and I've been able to do lots of different looks with this palette. It's a good palette for beginners with eyeshadow - I'm still not an expert by any means. I've recommended this to lots of people too - I'm really happy with it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Until this palette, I wasn't much of a Too Faced eyeshadow fan. Their quality is hit-and-miss, especially the holiday sets. But I am loving this one. It's my go-to for work looks, and you can transition into neutral evening looks really easily too.

The shades are soft and silky, and blend so nicely. These are some of the best matte shadows I have ever used! (and I am somewhat of an eyeshadow palette collector) The pigment is great.

If you are looking for a neutral matte palette - this is the one. I also have the Lorac matte pro - also a nice palette, but the Too Faced palette has so much more versatility with the shades. Whenever I travel, this is the palette I take with me. So much versatility, and the hard packaging make it great for travel.

My only complaints: being very cool toned, the bottom 2 shades "honey butter" and "chocolate cookie" pull very orange on me. The top row is very cool toned, the middle row is cool/neutral, and the bottom row is more warm, but nudie works great for me.

And I have to mention the shade names... I think my niece's would absolutely love this palette, but I just can't bring myself to buy those teenagers something that says "sexpresso" on it. I wish they were named something more tame.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The original Too Faced Natural Eyes palette is my #1 HG eyeshadow palette. To be honest, I think the shades in this one (despite some of them having the same name), are not the same formula/quality. If you look at the sexpresso in the natural matte palette, it's definitely lighter than the sexpresso in the original natural eyes palette. I'm not a fan of the inconsistency (the same shade names should be the same), but overall this is a nice versatile palette, and you can throw in your own shimmers and satin shadows.

Popular Eye Shadows