Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel
Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture GelSkin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone (silicones/slip agents), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, (slip and water-binding agents) Laminaria Saccharina (Seaweed) Extract (water-binding agent), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidants), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (emollient plant oil/lubricant), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E/antioxidant), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3/cell-communicating ingredient), Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Bis-Phenylpropyl Dimethicone (silicones/slip agents), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (licorice/anti-irritant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C/antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate, Phospholipids (water-binding agents), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), Isohexadecane (emulsifier), Panthenol (Vitamin B5/water-binding agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Sodium Carbomer (gel-based thickener), Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (film-forming/water-binding agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone film-forming agent), Polysorbate 80 (thickener), Hydroxyethylcellulose(gel-based thickener), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben (all preservatives).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This product broke me out. On the first night, I was impressed. For the first time I woke up with a soft face instead of it being an oilslick. With continued use however, it started giving me whiteheads on my forehead, which is usually clear. Then, I started getting dry, flaky patches which was weird for my oily skin. I stopped immediately.

What concerns me is that it contains wheat germ oil, which is fairly comedogenic. It also has a lot of demithicone which I suspect I have sensitivity to, as foundations with demithicone give me similar breakouts.

I love Paula's Choice products but this one gets a hard pass from me.

Love this moisturizer. Its soothing and super light weight. Perfect for oily to combination skin. But its expensive for what it is in my oppinion.

on 9/15/2017 2:26:00 PM

Moisturizes without breaking me out or leaving skin oily or flaky. I will repurchase when I can afford it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combination, sensitive, easy to breakout skin. This is my holy grail moisturizer. For it, I ditched FAB, ditched CeraVe, ditched Clinique and ditched EA. Below is the why:
Non greasy, non drying, didn't cause any breakout, sufficient moisturizing power in spring, summer, fall, perfect with C15 booster serum in the morning, perfect with Hyaluronic acid booster serum at night during winter, real bargain (seriously 2 oz for that price...), no fragrance, no dye, no drying alcohol, no artificial color, no smell at all, super calming (saved my Retinol A overdried face).... just love it, love it, love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ilove it

on 5/9/2017 9:00:00 PM

I have tried a few samples of this moisturizer and despite the impressive ingredients, it just isn't for me. It did not cause any breakouts or irritation, however I can't get over the texture of the product. It contains so much silicone that it feels like a primer and probably could work alone as a primer (although I never tried). It doesn't feel as though you are applying a moisturizer and the hydration level is fairly light. After it absorbs it leaves skin feeling smooth and nice if you don't struggle with dry skin. I just can't get over the amount of silicone in this product though, it's not even really a gel it's just a load of silicone. I have a silicone based primer with antioxidants in it already, so this is kind of a pointless product for me. I'll continue searching for a good lightweight moisturizer.

on 4/14/2017 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

feels like it has done nothing for my skin except make it feel dry and itchy

I'm rating this a 5 bc it doesn't make your skin greasy nor is it a shine control moisturizer . If you have normal to dry skin I don't reccomend it as those skin types need more moisture. It also acts Well as a primer. I love that it comes in a tube and is fragrance free plus anti wrinkle . No cream is perfect but this one has great qualities.

on 11/13/2016 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Yet another Paula's Choice product that irritates my skin. This moisturizer feels nice texturally, but it feels more like a primer than a moisturizer. It doesn't burn my skin like the CALM Redness Relief Moisturizer for normal to oily skin does and it does moisturize a tiny bit better, but it makes my cheeks break out in tiny blisters and red blotches after using it for a few days. I'm going to give the Earth Sourced moisturizer a try for a few days and, if that one doesn't work out, I'm done with Paula's choice for good!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a disappointment. I read through many reviews here and on Birchbox before settling on this... it sounda great. in reality, i felt this did just about nothing for my skin. i tried thia out hoping it would work for my sensitive then pregnant skin. it just felt like straight primer, very siliconey, reminds me of smashbox photofinish primer (which i dont like either.) I've yet to see any of its claims hold up but we will see.. ill update again when i finish the tube. but ugh, i hate it.