Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone (silicones/slip agents), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, (slip and water-binding agents) Laminaria Saccharina (Seaweed) Extract (water-binding agent), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidants), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (emollient plant oil/lubricant), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E/antioxidant), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3/cell-communicating ingredient), Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Bis-Phenylpropyl Dimethicone (silicones/slip agents), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (licorice/anti-irritant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C/antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate, Phospholipids (water-binding agents), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), Isohexadecane (emulsifier), Panthenol (Vitamin B5/water-binding agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Sodium Carbomer (gel-based thickener), Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (film-forming/water-binding agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone film-forming agent), Polysorbate 80 (thickener), Hydroxyethylcellulose(gel-based thickener), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben (all preservatives).

on 7/1/2016 12:24:00 AM

Putting my review here since Paula's Choice Australia is refusing to post it on their website. I used this product for YEARS and loved it. However, they have recently changed the formula and it now smells disgusting and the texture is nowhere near as nice or as moisturising as it used to be. I won't be using this anymore as I'm not willing to pay a high price for something that stinks and doesn't feel nice. I tried to post a review about this on their website but instead of posting my review they wrote me an email thanking me for the feedback and attempting to explain why the smell is different etc. I questioned if my review would be posted and they said it was being moderated and would be posted "if there are no other similar reviews" on their website already. I expressed my surprise at this and pointed out that it was misleading if they're not posting all reviews. They certainly have plenty of very similar POSITIVE reviews on their website about this product. In any case, after I told them that they were being misleading and I would seriously reconsider buying any PC products in future as a result, they suddenly changed their tune and went into a very detailed explanation of how they only ever delete a review if it breaches certain guidelines (none of which my review did). And yet, weeks later, my review still hasn't been posted on their website, and obviously isn't going to be. Very misleading to other customers who might be thinking they are getting the same product that everyone on the website is raving about, when the formula has actually been changed since those reviews were posted.

on 5/18/2016 10:19:00 AM

This is my first Paula's Choice product that I've tried. I have medium-highly oily skin with very large pores (I plan on trying the BHA 2% Gel next). I really don't have problems with oil on my face until a few hours after being out and about. (I also wear InnisFree No Sebum Blur Primer which I HIGHLY recommend and MAC Waterweight SPF 30 which again, highly recommend).That being said, since I switched to this product I have noticed a significant decrease in the amount of oil that builds up throughout the day. That for me is enough to say that it works well. However, this is not hydrating enough for me to use at night because I do use a lot of clay masks and exfoliants throughout the week. But it is a great moisturizer to use during the summer.

To Read all 237 Reviews, Login or Join

To be honest, i hated the texture of this product.. Soo much silicone. Also i didn't find it moisturizing at all, i even had flaky skin with my slightly oily skin, which i usually don't have. That being said i almost used it up, but i just cant wait to get rid of it. Im not giving less than 3 stars because it didn't really do damage to my skin, it just didn't do anything good either.

on 7/2/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I first tried this product in the winter and wasn't super impressed. It just wasn't moisturizing enough and my skin has never been dry. I'm glad I saved it though because I'm loving it during the summer months. I use this at night, after Paula's light serum. My skin is moisturized but not at all greasy the next morning. Never breaks me out. Love that, like all of Paula's products, it's fragrance and dye free. I will continue to purchase this only for summer. For winter, I'll need to find something more moisturizing.

I have oily skin so I was looking for something that would not cause my face to get greasy throughout the day but still hydrates. Indeed this stopped my face from getting extremely oily but it did not provide enough moisture. My skin started flaking and peeling. How odd since my skin is usually oily. It was also quite expensive for the tiny tube you get.

on 1/16/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great final step to your night time routine. I alternate between mixing it with the ultra-light anti-oxidant serum and 1% retinol. It goes on silky and leaves your face matte. Perfect moisturizer for those who don't like a shiny finish after applying all their night treatments.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A good product that doesn't irritate my skin, but somehow it's too dry for my combination skin. It's supposed could be used near eyes as well, but it's really burn my eyes like hell.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Best foundation primer and light moisturizer ever. I live in Colorado and have really dry skin so this isn't my everyday moisturizer but it makes your skin feel amazing instantly and when I travel or in the summer it's perfect. I will always have this.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really liked how this felt on my face but it clogged my pores and caused breakouts. Any product like this with silicone textures reck havoc on my skin. Silky and smotth if anyone with combination to normal skin would like to try. Not intense moisture so those who need it I would skip this.

on 8/23/2014 6:53:00 AM

It's unfortunate that this gives me clogged pores (maybe the wheat germ oil) because it is one of the very few moisturizers I've been able to find that doesn't contain any fatty alcohols.