Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel
Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture GelSkin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone (silicones/slip agents), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, (slip and water-binding agents) Laminaria Saccharina (Seaweed) Extract (water-binding agent), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidants), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (emollient plant oil/lubricant), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E/antioxidant), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3/cell-communicating ingredient), Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Bis-Phenylpropyl Dimethicone (silicones/slip agents), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (licorice/anti-irritant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C/antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate, Phospholipids (water-binding agents), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), Isohexadecane (emulsifier), Panthenol (Vitamin B5/water-binding agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Sodium Carbomer (gel-based thickener), Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (film-forming/water-binding agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone film-forming agent), Polysorbate 80 (thickener), Hydroxyethylcellulose(gel-based thickener), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben (all preservatives).

on 5/9/2017 9:00:00 PM

I have tried a few samples of this moisturizer and despite the impressive ingredients, it just isn't for me. It did not cause any breakouts or irritation, however I can't get over the texture of the product. It contains so much silicone that it feels like a primer and probably could work alone as a primer (although I never tried). It doesn't feel as though you are applying a moisturizer and the hydration level is fairly light. After it absorbs it leaves skin feeling smooth and nice if you don't struggle with dry skin. I just can't get over the amount of silicone in this product though, it's not even really a gel it's just a load of silicone. I have a silicone based primer with antioxidants in it already, so this is kind of a pointless product for me. I'll continue searching for a good lightweight moisturizer.

on 4/14/2017 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

feels like it has done nothing for my skin except make it feel dry and itchy

I'm rating this a 5 bc it doesn't make your skin greasy nor is it a shine control moisturizer . If you have normal to dry skin I don't reccomend it as those skin types need more moisture. It also acts Well as a primer. I love that it comes in a tube and is fragrance free plus anti wrinkle . No cream is perfect but this one has great qualities.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a disappointment. I read through many reviews here and on Birchbox before settling on this... it sounda great. in reality, i felt this did just about nothing for my skin. i tried thia out hoping it would work for my sensitive then pregnant skin. it just felt like straight primer, very siliconey, reminds me of smashbox photofinish primer (which i dont like either.) I've yet to see any of its claims hold up but we will see.. ill update again when i finish the tube. but ugh, i hate it.

on 11/13/2016 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Yet another Paula's Choice product that irritates my skin. This moisturizer feels nice texturally, but it feels more like a primer than a moisturizer. It doesn't burn my skin like the CALM Redness Relief Moisturizer for normal to oily skin does and it does moisturize a tiny bit better, but it makes my cheeks break out in tiny blisters and red blotches after using it for a few days. I'm going to give the Earth Sourced moisturizer a try for a few days and, if that one doesn't work out, I'm done with Paula's choice for good!

After trying this product, I learned to be wary of some of paula's choice products and the claims they make. this is NOT a moisturizer that is well-suited for acne-prone skin. The ingredients just aren't acne- friendly. It consistency is very heavy on the silicone side, so that in it of itself make break you out if you can't handle dimethicone and such. Personally silicones never bothered me so that wasnt really an issue. What ruined it for me was the inclusion of wheat germ oil and algae extract, two ingredients that are highly comedogenic. I gave Paula the benefit of the doubt and went ahead and gave this a try, and the results were what I should've expected. I broke out rather badly within a couple days, and the breakouts ceased immediately after I stopped using the product. It did make my skin feel very smooth, so if you're not acne-prone this may be worth a try. Paula does have a lot of other great products however so don't give up yet!

Here's a link to $10 off your order (new customers only I believe): https://goo.gl/MtP1Iz

on 9/12/2016 2:15:00 AM

This is a really nice moisturizer for oily skin. Since my skin is dry/combination I felt like I needed something more. It is a gel texture and goes on very nicely leaving your skin with matte finish. There is not a lot of products like this on the market so if you have oily skin you might actually really like it. Here is a $10 off link for first time customers: https://goo.gl/byQqpB

on 7/1/2016 12:24:00 AM

Putting my review here since Paula's Choice Australia is refusing to post it on their website. I used this product for YEARS and loved it. However, they have recently changed the formula and it now smells disgusting and the texture is nowhere near as nice or as moisturising as it used to be. I won't be using this anymore as I'm not willing to pay a high price for something that stinks and doesn't feel nice. I tried to post a review about this on their website but instead of posting my review they wrote me an email thanking me for the feedback and attempting to explain why the smell is different etc. I questioned if my review would be posted and they said it was being moderated and would be posted "if there are no other similar reviews" on their website already. I expressed my surprise at this and pointed out that it was misleading if they're not posting all reviews. They certainly have plenty of very similar POSITIVE reviews on their website about this product. In any case, after I told them that they were being misleading and I would seriously reconsider buying any PC products in future as a result, they suddenly changed their tune and went into a very detailed explanation of how they only ever delete a review if it breaches certain guidelines (none of which my review did). And yet, weeks later, my review still hasn't been posted on their website, and obviously isn't going to be. Very misleading to other customers who might be thinking they are getting the same product that everyone on the website is raving about, when the formula has actually been changed since those reviews were posted.

on 5/18/2016 10:19:00 AM

This is my first Paula's Choice product that I've tried. I have medium-highly oily skin with very large pores (I plan on trying the BHA 2% Gel next). I really don't have problems with oil on my face until a few hours after being out and about. (I also wear InnisFree No Sebum Blur Primer which I HIGHLY recommend and MAC Waterweight SPF 30 which again, highly recommend).That being said, since I switched to this product I have noticed a significant decrease in the amount of oil that builds up throughout the day. That for me is enough to say that it works well. However, this is not hydrating enough for me to use at night because I do use a lot of clay masks and exfoliants throughout the week. But it is a great moisturizer to use during the summer.

To be honest, i hated the texture of this product.. Soo much silicone. Also i didn't find it moisturizing at all, i even had flaky skin with my slightly oily skin, which i usually don't have. That being said i almost used it up, but i just cant wait to get rid of it. Im not giving less than 3 stars because it didn't really do damage to my skin, it just didn't do anything good either.