Maybelline Master Prime Blur + Redness Control

2.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Blur? Yes. Redness Control? Not at all! Despite the colour on the packaging this primer is basically white/transparent (see image), there's nothing green about it and it does nothing to combat redness. It's inexpensive and does make the foundation go on more smoothly but it doesn't really extend the wear of my make-up. Overall an OK primer but not for redness control.

Love it. Great texture. It does attenuate the redness.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have purchased this primer twice because it's affordable and goes on incredibly smooth. In terms of reducing redness, it kind of does that but I bought a second tube becuase likd I said, it's affordable lol.

One of these will last you quite a while and I use this on a daily basis before I ready my face for work. It comes out in milky looking liquid, light green and easy to apply. I personally like to squeeze out a dime size on my middle finger, spread it to my other fingers, dot away and then start spreading it all over my face. My skin concern is mostly redness because I still breakout from time to time (unfortunately) and as for blurring my pores, I think mine are very small because I do a facial at least once a week to clean out all that gunk that I apply on my face daily ^.^'

The big FAT CON > I wish it did a better job at reducing redness.

Very disappointed. First, it says "Blur + Redness Control." My face tends to be very red, thus part of the reason I need primer. This primer did absolutely nothing to control the redness of my face. Also, it's very thin, so you have to use quite a bit to cover your face, and it does not hold makeup in place the way that a primer should. Overall, I would not re-purchase or recommend this product for anyone. You get almost nothing for the price. I think I paid somewhere around the $10 mark, which I know isn't a lot in the grand scheme of these, but the primer I usually buy *and love* is only about $7. They were out at the time, and I usually have pretty good luck with Maybelline products, so I thought I would give this one a chance. I wish I had gone to a different store to purchase my usual primer, because I've been nothing but disappointed in this one! :( The packaging isn't great either and I feel like it would be easy to break the cap if I were to pack it in my makeup case going on a trip.

On my second bottle.
ABSOULTLY LOVE.
Redness is a BIG problem for me and I found that this was a great primer for it. I liked to use this under my foundation--obviously--but I also liked using it with a little bit of power on those days when I didn't want to put much make up on.
I paid about $15.00 CAD for this which is relatively cheap compared to the expensive primers you can get but when you're buying other things it can add up.

I have redness in my face almost always. This primer is super affordable and it works! Not thick at all and no hint at residue either. I always wear this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was surprisingly impressed with this product. First, the packaging is excellent since you can squeeze out the amount you want to use without getting too much coming out. As a primer its really good. It does blur my pores and fine lines and my foundation and concealer goes on much better, smoother and wears better throughout the day. For redness, this doesn't have a high pigment of green in it which is what I wanted. I wanted to be able to wear it without makeup and not look like a martian. This works for that as it tones down my redness without me worrying that if I haven't blended well, you can see green swipes on my skin. I have had this issue with several other green primers. I can definitely tell the redness is reduced with makeup on. This also keeps oil in the T-zone reduced. Note- if you are looking for a "miracle product" to completely eliminate redness, this isn't it. But having a lot of redness in my skin and having tried only too many products, I can tell you the miracle isn't out there yet.
EDIT- after using this for the past few weeks, I noticed I've been breaking out in small red bumps on my cheeks and forehead, which never happens to me. I stopped using this for a few days and the bumps cleared up. I started using it again and they came back. No idea what's in it that is causing the breakouts but I'm no longer using this product. If it doesn't break you out, its a good product.

This primer does go on smoothly and makeup does seem a bit easier to apply, however I don't find that this helps redness at all. This also doesn't prolong foundation (though it doesn't claim to), I thought that was the main point of primers. I'm just going to use this until something better comes along.

It just does nothing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have acne scares that are red so I was trying out these green products and this one looked like it would be perfect because it is a primer, redness reducer and pore reducer. I tried it about 5 times and it just did nothing for me what so ever. it sucked as a primer and is barely even green so doesn't cover my redness at all and does not blur my pores at all either. With that being said it does not do anything that it said it was going to. Also about the 5th and 6th time if trying it burned my skin sooooo bad, there was a burning sensation all day long and there was nothing I could do to make it stop. It is cheap but DO NOT purchase this, save your money it honestly sucks.

Popular Primer/ Correctors