2.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

this primer doesnt fully conceal redness but makes a big enough difference and doesnt give your skin a weird green tint. my cheeks and other pigmented areas look less red then they usually are and more toned down so they arent bright red and super pigmented. making it easier to hide and cover. i use less concealer and foundation because of this as redness is my main issue other then dryness. my blushes look a lot better as there isnt as much discolouration poking through to alter the product as much. i also like it blurs imperfections and smooths out the skin to so your makeup looks better. i use this in combination with their 050 Hydrate + Smooth primer, i put 300 on my cheeks and where i have redness and 050 everywhere else. works really well if you use a colour correcting powder on top of foundation as well to fully get rid of the discolouration.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

10 months ago

I got this on a whim one day in Ulta because I was not wearing foundation that day and my face was red. It said on the tube that you could wear it alone, so that is what I did. I slathered it on my face and it did absolutely nothing except maybe make me look oilier. The primer itself just looks white (no visible green pigment). It does NOTHING for redness and I don't know why it claims that it does. I ended up returning it later that same day.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

10 months ago

Well, I am not sure if I would buy this again... I have used this for about 2 weeks. (not everyday) I think it made my redness a little less red? I used under foundation and alone. It def looked better with the foundation over it. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin. My redness has increased as I get older, and if I have to much caffeine. It didn't show up as green. (made this mistake once with a L'Oreal primer. ) I guess it was ok? Did the job a little bit, but maybe I was hoping for more...

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

10 months ago

I have slight redness on my cheeks,they get more red when I'm in somewhere very cold or very hot or if I get emotional and I hate it This primer claims to help reduce the appearance of redness to leave skin tone looking more even.well,it does what it says but very veryyy mildly meaning that my cheeks are slightly less red after applying it but not that the redness is completely gone It says on it's tube that use alone or under makeup.and I use it both ways..couple of months ago my skin was suffering from a severe dehydration and eczema.I couldn't use any foundation,BB Creams,even tinted Moisturuzers,.they all looked cakey and flakey and horrible on my face.the only makeup product I could wear was this primer and eye concealer.eventhough it has very mild and slight effect in correcting the redness,bluring the pores and evening out skin,that slight effect was enough to give me self confidence and feel good.so I owe a lot to this product.now that my problem has solved I usually wear it under foundation,it makes my foundation to glide on and blend smoother and sit better on my skin but I don't think it extends my foundation's longevity One may think it does nothing because differences are tiny and it doesn't look green after rubbing it but I have experimented a few times to use it on one side of my face and compare it with the other side( bare skin )and yes,there ARE some differences.the question is that if these tiny differences worth buying it? for me the answer is yes.a little positive changes are better than nothing and I like that it helps me look better on my no makeup days,it also doesn't cause any irritations or breakouts and doesn't make my skin look oily,doesn't matify it either.I wouldn't repurchase if it was more expensive but for 8$ and the fact that each 30mil tube lasts a few months I'm going to repurchase until I find a better option.I would give it five lippies if it did a better job in reducing redness or if performed better as a primer(made my foundation last longer or blurred my pores) The other anti-redness correctors I have tried were: LA Girl's green concealer.that one made a huge difference but it was too green and I could use it as spot corrector on blemishes not on my whole cheeks WetnWild Cushion green corrector.it also made better job in correcting redness but I couldn't use it on bare skin and it made my foundation cakey EDIT: I'm going to add one lippie After trying couple of high-end primers I decided this cheapie deserves more than 3 stars.those high-end,expensive,mostly popular primers did literally nothing for me other than making my foundation go on smoother a look a bit better.this one manages to do the same thing while reducing my redness AND being reasonably priced.it IS a silicone primer but it somehow doesn't feel as suffocatingly heavy as other silicone primers and doesn't cause breakouts(most silicone primers break me out) also now that my skin is more red thanks to face scrubs I have to use,I can see it's effect in color correcting better

About reviewer (202 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

a year ago

This is a basic primer. It helps my foundation go on smoother, but it is in no way a color correcting product. Not even a little bit.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

This is the only full face primer I've used (I used UD's Eyeshadow Primer Potion years ago), so I can't really compare it to anything else. I bought it because I thought it would help with toning down the redness of breakouts, but I don't really see a difference when I have it on. Because of that I don't even bother putting it on my face, but I do still use it as a base under eyeshadow because I like the tackiness of it. It didn't really do what I wanted and therefore mainly sits in my makeup bag unused, so I won't be repurchashing this product.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

It does nothing but make my skin super oily. I’ve tried it a few times and feel like an oil slick after a few hours. It does not help blur my pores or control my redness. I threw it out.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

2 years ago

Blur? Yes. Redness Control? Not at all! Despite the colour on the packaging this primer is basically white/transparent (see image), there's nothing green about it and it does nothing to combat redness. It's inexpensive and does make the foundation go on more smoothly but it doesn't really extend the wear of my make-up. Overall an OK primer but not for redness control.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairGrey, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

Love it. Great texture. It does attenuate the redness.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

2.0

3 years ago

Very disappointed. First, it says "Blur + Redness Control." My face tends to be very red, thus part of the reason I need primer. This primer did absolutely nothing to control the redness of my face. Also, it's very thin, so you have to use quite a bit to cover your face, and it does not hold makeup in place the way that a primer should. Overall, I would not re-purchase or recommend this product for anyone. You get almost nothing for the price. I think I paid somewhere around the $10 mark, which I know isn't a lot in the grand scheme of these, but the primer I usually buy *and love* is only about $7. They were out at the time, and I usually have pretty good luck with Maybelline products, so I thought I would give this one a chance. I wish I had gone to a different store to purchase my usual primer, because I've been nothing but disappointed in this one! :( The packaging isn't great either and I feel like it would be easy to break the cap if I were to pack it in my makeup case going on a trip.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium