4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I got the express one which is the smaller cleaning mat. I like that it stays in place when I'm using it and I really do notice a huge difference using the mat when rinsing. When I used to do brushes by hand any large powder brush or densely packed ones like kabukis took forever to rinse and more than half the time there was soap left behind. I never get that now regardless of what kind of soap I use. My only complaint isn't with the cleaning mat, but with the shape of my sink. I wish I could install a longer faucet so the water is running over the rinse part of the mat and not on the back side of the drain. I modified a cup to fix this and it sped up the rinse process significantly. I have the spa express cleaning glove, which I like, but it's a pain when washing a lot of brushes. I don't like to leave them sitting flat for long immediately after washing so I do 6-10 at a time (depending on size) and take the glove off to get them wiped and placed on a slant to dry. The ridge part designed to help squeeze water out honestly doesn't work any better than just If I'm not doing that many brushes then this is fine, but if I have a lot it gets to be a PITA taking the glove off & putting it back on. The cleaning mat keeps both hands free and I can immediately wipe/squeeze each brush as I do them.

About reviewer (314 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

EyesBlue

1.0

2 years ago

Do yourself a favor. Save your money, buy a cheap one on Amazon or a tj Maxx. Take the extra money to buy a good cleanser. The is no difference in the quality of this vs a $5 one.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

For me this is a necessity. It speeds up brush cleaning and gives a good deep thorough clean within the bristles- esp dense brushes. I love the paint-palette shape, fits perfectly in my bathroom sink. Easy to wash after use, quick rinse with some mild liquid soap and it's clean... dries quickly and is easy to store. Just one of those items that makes a tedious job efficient!

About reviewer (248 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

Where the F has this been all my life!!! Years and I didn't know about you!! As soon as I used this I thought I have to go straight away and right a review online about this. I have never thought that before. Ok so I have the Quo brand one but the concept is still the same. Anyways, a bit skeptical of this. I HATE cleaning brushes, as a makeup artist I use tons of makeup and crazy colours, so my brushes get dirty a lot. Plus I have the curse of acne, so it's even double worse to have dirty brushes. I hate how cleaning brushes wastes million of paper towel, lots of scrubbing and water and it STILL never gets clean! Not until I used this tonight. I swear it was a gift sent from God. My foundation brush the most dirtiest thing ever, got squeeky clean within one minute. No need to use toilet paper either! I was in disbelief, and washing all my other brushes was a breeze. I do not feel any pain to wash my brushes anymore! Seriously go out and grab one ... I got mine from shoppers drugmart. I really feel this thing is a life changer lol.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I recently purchased Sigma Beauty - The Power Pair which included The sigma spa express cleaning mat and a flat kabuki f80 brush so was defs a bargain in my opinion as it would've cost more if I purchased the two separately. Anyway Ive used the cleaning mat twice now and it works so well and makes cleaning my makeup brushes so much easier and quicker. I highly recommend adding something like this to your collection especially if you own a lot of brushes.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

Is this a pricey gadget? Yes. Is it worth every penny? YES! C'mon...you know cleaning those brushes is a tedious job. And most of the time you aren't even sure they are really clean. This product solves both of those concerns. I think the "nubs" and "ridges" help to clean deep in the brush and not just on the surface. Now that I have it, I clean my brushes much more frequently.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

4 years ago

Before this came out, I rarely washed my makeup brushes because it was a long and tedious task. The minute I got this mat, I was in LOVE. I actually enjoy cleaning my brushes now because its really that simple. Drying time seems to be cut in half as well. Pre spa mat, I set my brushes out for a day and a half. Post spa mat, they're dry in a few hours.

About reviewer (351 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I got the 'Spa Express Brush Cleaning Mat', that is the smaller version of the cleaning mat, but except for the size it is the same thing. I finally decided to buy when I got an ipsy sale code, for it is $25 usd, so it might still be a bit expensive for some people. I have already played with it, and of you can pay it, I would say go for it, and I am glad I didn't go for the larger one because it probably wouldn't have fit in my bathroom sink very well, this one is a prefect fit. I tried it with my mother's brushes that had a lot of product, and the cleaning was quick and deep, with the larger brushes was quicker than my brushegg. If you have a lot of brushes, I think this is a good investment for deep cleaning. The mat seem very durable and sturdy & the suction cups work just like they should, so while cleaning the mat doesn't move, but you can "unsuck" them very easily when you are done. This is one of my best purchases of 2015!

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

Cleaning my brushes has never been so fast and efficient at the same time. It surelly does the job, worth every penny. Love it!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesBlack

5 years ago

Sigma sent me a mini of the brush cleaning mat as a freebie when I purchased some brushes a couple of months ago. I was already familiar with the concept, having purchased the BrushEgg, which I used every time I cleaned brushes, which is a minimum of every other day, since I wash my brushes after each use. I have to say that I almost never reach for the BrushEgg anymore. The tiny hand shaped Sigma mat is so amazing at cleaning brushes that I can't wait to get the full sized version, which fits neatly into the sink and retails for $32. I timed myself using the mini brush mat and I was able to clean 19 brushes--5 large (face, powder, blush, etc.) and 14 smaller (eyeshadow, concealer, etc.) in 9 minutes. I wasn't trying to rush and I got all of the brushes extremely clean. A huge time saver.

About reviewer (975 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool