Alba Botanica Good & Clean Daily Detox Foaming Cleanser

Alba Botanica Good & Clean Daily Detox Foaming Cleanser

4.7

Not tested on animals

*(1) Certified Organic Ingredient (2) For Scent OnlyAqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Glycerin, Coco Glucoside, Potassium Hydroxide, Myristic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1) , Camilla Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Lactobacillus/Arundinaria Gigantea Ferment Filtrate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract (1), Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (1), Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Bisabolol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Citric Acid, Honey (1), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Threoninate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil (2), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (2), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil (2), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (2), Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil (2), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (2), Alcohol (1), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Limonene

on 4/30/2017 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I guess it's just me but this cleanser - which smells like grapefruit and is equally as abrasive - leaves my face red and burning. Very disappointed, as I liked the price point, generally like Alba Botanica products, and bought with high hopes on the basis of all the positive reviews. Oh well.

Really love this cleanser. Finally found something with the texture of Neutrogena's deep clean, but without the nasty ingredients. Lathers beautifully & works well with my clarisonic. Gentle to the skin which I love. The peel & exfoliating cleanser from this line are also tops for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Been using faithfully for one year now and I think it's safe to say I have found my primary facial cleaner. 36 years old with oily/combo skin. I break out easily. This product has oil in it. Guys, oil cleans oil. All these years I have bee using oil free cleansing products that dry out my skin and still cause acne but since I have been using this cleanser I have noticed less Break outs. I use in conjunction with the Alba Botanica Good & Clean facial scrub daily and use Avalon Organics Intense Defense Vitamin C moisturizer.

on 11/10/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG morning facewash! It cleans my combination/ sensitive skin with no breakouts, dryness, or sensitivity problems. I have repurchased it about 3 times now and will continue. It has a wonderful light citrus smell and is thick enough to feel like it is actually working on my skin. I wish it was more available in stores- definitely recommend!

I absolutely love this product and almost consider it HG status. Great cleanser, removed makeup, not drying, foams nicely, smells wonderful, nice packaging, reasonable price, etc. Truly a wonderful product that I always stock up on when it's on sale or I find it at a discount. Highly recommended!!!!!

on 11/23/2015 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Alba Botanica manufactures many excellent products, this being one of them. What I love about this cleanser is that it's great for both me (34 years) and my 11 year old daughter. She is experiencing pimples every now and then and I had been on the look out for something gentle and mild. I didn't like the sound of Cetaphil because of it's many chemicals, though its often recommended for preteens.
I also use this brand or Simple cleanser to wash my face. This is better than the Simple brand cleanser because it doesn't leave the filmy substance on my skin that tends to happen after a few days of use of Simple. I feel more of a need to tone after using Simple for that reason. I like to use the detoxing scrub a couple of days a week and it's also lovely. I highly recommend this product.

on 8/14/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I picked this up at Target last week after realizing they were out of the cleanser I'd used previously (Alba Pineapple Enzyme SomethingOrOther). I'd planned on repurchasing the pineapple cleanser, but ended up buying the Good & Clean Daily Detox Foaming cleanser (I was o-u-t out of cleanser and wasn't sure when I could get back to Target). What I look for in a cleanser: something that'll remove makeup, won't totally screw up my already dry skin, and doesn't test on animals. This stuff fits the bill! It's really thick and foams reasonably well (it's not like bubble bath type bubbles, but it's somewhat frothy). It takes off my eye makeup (haven't tried it on waterproof, and really don't expect any cleanser alone to remove it anyhow). It smells vaguely fruity and isn't overpowering (I hate strong smelling face stuff). I have a skincare routine I follow after washing my face, so even if this cleanser was super drying it wouldn't bother me long, but it's not. A bonus was that it was $2 cheaper than the other Alba face wash I'd been using ($10 versus $12). This is something I feel like I'll keep coming back to.

on 3/21/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because I've been trying to lessen my use of medicated products. I like the Good & Clean Gentle Acne Wash, but it has 2% salicylic acid in it. My somewhat sensitive skin is oily, acne-prone, and mostly clear. I use Aveeno's Ultra-Calming Foaming cleanser as a makeup remover. I've used one tube of this and it's done a great job of preventing breakouts and clearing my skin.

Pros: Creamy, non-irritating, prevents breakouts, leaves skin soft, doesn't dry out skin
Cons: Hard to find in stores

on 8/15/2015 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this cleaner for a year now. I is the best. It cleans my skin, takes off all my makeup and doesn't dry my skin. A little goes a long way so it last me about 2 months. I haven't wanted to use anything else since buying this.