Indeed Laboratories Exfoliator - Facial Powdered Exfoliator

Indeed Laboratories Exfoliator - Facial Powdered Exfoliator

3.8

Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Malic Acid, Sodium Carbonate, PEG-150, Zea Mays (Corn)Starch, Sorbitol, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Polyethylene, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Alcohol, Menthol, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract, Phyllostachys Heterocycla Stem Extract, Bromelain, Butylene Glycol, Water (Aqua/Eau), Dextrin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract

on 4/16/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've long been a fan of Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant but, last time I purchased it, I think it was about $75 Canadian, which is pretty steep. The Indeed powdered exfoliator was about $16 or $19, I think (I'd have to check my bill) and I can get it at Shoppers Drug Mart and earn points in the process. The 2 products really are very similar. Both are powders to which you add a small amount of water and make a smooth paste. While the Dermalogica product forms a uniform, smooth paste, the Indeed one seems to have granules that aren't meant to dissolve and remain gently abrasive when you rub it around on your face. The end results are very similar though this product is, indeed, a bit more abrasive. It is still gentle but a bit more "scrubby" than the Dermalogica. I wouldn't consider this one "daily", though, but I really do like it and, considering that this is about 1/4 the price, it's a great value. As with the Dermalogica, take care not to get this into your eyes by accident during the rinsing off process. I use a face cloth to help remove both products without accidentally rinsing it into my eyes.

on 1/18/2016 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is amazing!!!! I used to use Dermalogica but this is half the price and ten times better. Makes my skin as soft as a baby's. I have repurchased this several times & converted many friends.

on 12/27/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Bought this after using up my dermatologica exfoliant, which is also a powder.
You mix the powder with water, it foams up a bit and then turns creamy. A very effective face scrub, can feel harsh when using retin a or other acids. I uses this in the summer only, especially when trying to remove layers of sunscreen. Price is around 20 CAD, much less than dermatologica version. The bottle lasted a few months, I would buy this again.

on 6/20/2015 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

ive been using this for some time as I can't afford my favorite exfoliator anymore.

I have melasma and I have found this has helps if I remember to use it continuously.
Ill use it for a month consistently and I will update my review.
***UPDATE*** this stuff is really harsh. It's something I can only use once a week. I'm learning the hard way to go easy on my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very odd product to use the first couple of times, but once you get the hang of it itís like a regular facial exfoliator only in powder form. The idea is you dispense a little bit into the palm of your hand (the bottle states Ďtwo shakesí but I'm still not sure what that equates to considering everyone would shake it differently) before adding a little water and working it into a paste. Once youíre happy with the consistency you massage the resulting paste onto your wet face using circular motions for around one minute, being careful to avoid the delicate eye area.

This contains all kinds of impressive sounding natural ingredients including bamboo extract, rice bran powder, Okinawa red algae, Bromelain and (star of the moment) hyaluronic acid, all of which claim to have different beneficial effects for the skin. The overall aim though is to leave the skin feeling softer, smoother and cleansed without drying it out or causing irritation.

Iíve been using this once or twice a week for about the last three months and havenít really noticed any difference in the appearance of my skin over my regular facial exfoliator. In fact the only real differences I can think of are the powder-to-paste formulation and the fact that it makes my skin tingle a little bit when I first apply it (which might be the hyaluronic acid). I've never reacted badly to it and am pleasantly surprised itís lasted me as long as it has, but other than that itís not really any different to other cream-based exfoliators I've used.

There are a couple of other downsides to this Ė firstly the bottle is opaque so you canít see how much product you've used/still have left and secondly, the price. It retails in the UK for around £18, which is definitely at the higher end of the price range for me. I'm definitely glad I tried it, but based on the lack of results I've had since using it I wouldn't be tempted to repurchase it and will be going back to my trusty Clinique scrub when this is finally used up.