L'Oreal Paris Pop Balm in Tender Mauve #518

2.5

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is such a nice color! Itís almost MLBB (nc42). I like the formula and how it looks and feels. The cost is very reasonable, as I bought it to replace the more-expensive Clinique chubby stick in Flowering Freesia, which Iím running out of. The one turnoff is the taste. It tastes like poison! I donít mean it just tastes bad; it tastes horrible! I wore it for hours without licking my lips so I didnít notice the taste initially. Once I did lick my lips, I thought maybe Iíd gotten some bug spray on my lips. I didnít think it could POSSIBLY be the lipstick. But I licked straight from the tube to test (gross, I know) and it tasted the same horrible way. I hope I just got a bad batch. Due to taste alone, I wouldnít rebuy. Grody.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I was in a rush and I grabbed this by mistake thinking it was Tender Mauve Le Balm Colour Riche...alas, this is Tender Mauve Pop Balm (they are both the same number but very different!). I would describe this as a lot more opaque than the other version and the color is also very different. There is nothing mauve or subtle about this, its a cool pink that honestly looks a little garish by daylight on me. Alas, not what I was expecting!