Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm - Standout

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm - Standout
ColorBurst Matte Balm - StandoutColorBurst Matte Balm - Standout

on 11/5/2017 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This matte balm is more comfortable than I was expecting. “Standout” is a lovely warm brick-red shade, which I find to be quite wearable. For me, I would describe this as an everyday red, because I tend to select brighter and more intense reds for evening wear.

As others have mentioned, this balm is not transfer-resistant.

There is a peppermint scent and subtle taste, which does not bother me much. I would rather not taste peppermint, however, when I’m sipping Cabernet Sauvignon!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wore this to work this week for the first time and was not disappointed. I believe a customer even complimented me on it. I think it's a cool red not a coral. It compliments my nw15 complexion. If you're looking for a vintage red you can put on in a hurry, try this one out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I would have to disagree about the color as described below. It's definitely a true red leaning cool. These are wonderful lipsticks. They're long lasting, easy to wear and all the colors are gorgeous.

Dupe Alert: Side by side, this is a 99.9% dupe for Fiery from Tarte. Tarte is just a little more minty. Tarte is 20.00. Revlon is 8.00.

on 10/5/2015 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got these lip balms in sultry and standout. I love them both. Standout is a coral-red. It does have coral tones to it. It is very pigmented so I would prefer to wear this in the evening. I like it regardless though. Such a beautiful shade.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this out of curiousity because it was the last of three units. I have been to several malls hunting for a backup of Sultry and it was my first time to see Standout on the display. There was no tester available and I just bought this upon recommendation of the SA.

Standout is a perfect dupe of my HG red lippe, the SMASHBOX INFRARED.

I tried them both last night. I placed SBX infrared on the right side of my lips and the Revlon Standout on the left half of my lips. I could not tell that I used two different products. Standout has a minty tingle which the Infrared does not have. Infrared costs twice as much but is a tad more even in application and it does not feel as dry.

Overall I would recommend standout because of its pigmentation and longetivity. This is a great dupe! If you have the budget and like the lipstick form factor, go for Smashbox. If you're on a budget and don't mind the lip crayon form factor, then Revlon Standout is the perfect lippie for you :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I own three different shades of this: audacious, standout, and unapologetic. I LOVE them. I love that they are matte, and I love their versatility. Attractive packaging in a thick crayon. The color is amazing. Without blotting it's opaque like lipstick, except it doesn't try to migrate into lip wrinkles I didn't even know existed and I can kiss anything I want and not worry about it. With blotting I can get it to look like lip stain. With eating and drinking it doesn't last forever, but otherwise it hardly budges unless I want it to. Best. lipstick. ever.

Popular Lipsticks