Maybelline The Blushed Nudes

Maybelline The Blushed Nudes
Maybelline The Blushed Nudes PaletteThe Blushed Nudes

3.2

on 6/18/2018 4:23:00 PM

One of the worst eyeshadow palettes I've ever purchased. The formula is super chalky and has very poor pigment. Spend the extra money on the Naked 3 set for much better quality shadows.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Chalky shadows with little to no pigment. They’re stiff to the touch. Even with a good quality eyeshadow primer and setting spray on the brush, these tend to look dry on the eyelids. Several layers later, the colour still looks faint and if you build on other colours, it does tend to look like it’s only one tiny wash of a shade. It sucks because they look rich in the pans and the colour section is pretty, similar to the Naked 3 colour wise. There’s better out there at a similar price or sometimes more budget friendly. I would suggest The Burgundy Bar by Maybelline or an Essence palette instead.

on 5/27/2018 6:43:00 AM

Some of the colours are pretty, but none are pigmented enough to show up well on my skin. Using a wet brush or applying on top of a primer really didn't help either. But by far the worst part about it is the case - unlike the basic Nudes palette which has metal pans embedded in plastic, this one had only plastic pans inset in the case and the shadows were only lightly adhered to the base. What this means is that the shadows break and crumble with minimal effort, even if you never drop the damn thing it will turn into a powdery mess if you put it in your bag. I mean, none of them are good enough to try to save and put into little separate travel pots, but most of the time it wasn't just a single eyeshadow that broke and instead I'd open the thing just to have dust from 5 different eyeshadows explode onto anything nearby.
My wallet is STILL covered in pink glittery crap... Learn from my mistakes and choose a better palette ahaha

on 1/21/2018 3:05:00 AM

This is the worse eyeshadow palette I ever bought. The eyeshadows are not pigmented at all and even if I built them up, there wouldn't have the slightest hint of colour on my lid. A wet brush didn't help to do the job either. I would not recommend it.

on 9/16/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Not worth the money! The colours look very pretty in the box but that's it - the pigmentation is so bad/weak that unless you apply a cream eye-shadow first, they barely show, even with multiple layers. I also bought "The Nudes" and they are just as bad. I tried using the lighter shades as a highlighter but they didn't work. The worst palette I've ever bought.

Some of these shades are not well pigmented, so they might just become transition shades. the top row are kind of throwaway. The bottom row, on the other hand, are really lovely.

on 5/3/2017 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you go on my profile, you can see the state of the palette and how the Maybelline Blushed Nudes Palette was delivered to me. Absolutely awful in terms of quality: arrived with one of the eyeshadow rectangles having exploded, so to say, with pigment from the rectangle all over the inside and (somehow, managebly) outside of the case. When I wrote a polite and true to what was delivered to me review on the Maybelline website, they sent back an email saying that my review 'did not meet all of our guidelines'. Fair enough if a mistake had been made during batch production or delivery or something, but you'd think the creators would have at least had the decency to respond or inquire further about the poor quality of the products they make and deliver. I've never had an issue before with Maybelline, so this was a pretty big shock. It's cheaper than most palettes, however, in this case paying for more wouldn't be a bad idea. The colours are fine to look at, but cheap when actually swatched, not to mention having little to zero pigmentation.

on 2/16/2017 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really did not like this palette at all. I find the shadows are very dry in texture, and also cause my eyelids to become dry. Another thing that I did not like was that these shadows have basically no pigmentation. Its unfortunate because the colours would be great to make my bluish/green eyes pop, but they just dont show up. I would recommend
Covergirl's trunaked roses palette if youre looking for something with rosy/pink colours.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think that this palette is ok. The colors don't have amazing pigmentation, but it's not like they don't show up at all. This is good for teenagers who are just getting into makeup or someone who likes really natural makeup. If you like really pigmented eyeshadows, this is not the palette for you! The shimmery shades were my favorite since I found them to be the most pigmented. The light shades didn't really show up that well and the dark shades were good. Overall, this would only work for some people, but it wasn't horrible for me.

on 12/22/2016 11:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I had been eyeing this for a while as I love neutral eye shadows, and this palette looked soft and feminine with pretty mauve and muted berry toned colours. While the shadow selection looks beautiful in the palette, upon application the pigmentation is very poor. Not to mention the shadows were messy to work with and left my cheekbones covered with fine sparkles. One hour after application, and it had already faded considerably. This would be a great palette for young girls just starting out with cosmetics, or for ladies who prefer an extremely subtle eye look.