Maybelline The Blushed Nudes

3.3

on 9/16/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Not worth the money! The colours look very pretty in the box but that's it - the pigmentation is so bad/weak that unless you apply a cream eye-shadow first, they barely show, even with multiple layers. I also bought "The Nudes" and they are just as bad. I tried using the lighter shades as a highlighter but they didn't work. The worst palette I've ever bought.

Some of these shades are not well pigmented, so they might just become transition shades. the top row are kind of throwaway. The bottom row, on the other hand, are really lovely.

on 12/22/2016 11:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I had been eyeing this for a while as I love neutral eye shadows, and this palette looked soft and feminine with pretty mauve and muted berry toned colours. While the shadow selection looks beautiful in the palette, upon application the pigmentation is very poor. Not to mention the shadows were messy to work with and left my cheekbones covered with fine sparkles. One hour after application, and it had already faded considerably. This would be a great palette for young girls just starting out with cosmetics, or for ladies who prefer an extremely subtle eye look.

on 2/16/2017 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really did not like this palette at all. I find the shadows are very dry in texture, and also cause my eyelids to become dry. Another thing that I did not like was that these shadows have basically no pigmentation. Its unfortunate because the colours would be great to make my bluish/green eyes pop, but they just dont show up. I would recommend
Covergirl's trunaked roses palette if youre looking for something with rosy/pink colours.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think that this palette is ok. The colors don't have amazing pigmentation, but it's not like they don't show up at all. This is good for teenagers who are just getting into makeup or someone who likes really natural makeup. If you like really pigmented eyeshadows, this is not the palette for you! The shimmery shades were my favorite since I found them to be the most pigmented. The light shades didn't really show up that well and the dark shades were good. Overall, this would only work for some people, but it wasn't horrible for me.

on 5/3/2017 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you go on my profile, you can see the state of the palette and how the Maybelline Blushed Nudes Palette was delivered to me. Absolutely awful in terms of quality: arrived with one of the eyeshadow rectangles having exploded, so to say, with pigment from the rectangle all over the inside and (somehow, managebly) outside of the case. When I wrote a polite and true to what was delivered to me review on the Maybelline website, they sent back an email saying that my review 'did not meet all of our guidelines'. Fair enough if a mistake had been made during batch production or delivery or something, but you'd think the creators would have at least had the decency to respond or inquire further about the poor quality of the products they make and deliver. I've never had an issue before with Maybelline, so this was a pretty big shock. It's cheaper than most palettes, however, in this case paying for more wouldn't be a bad idea. The colours are fine to look at, but cheap when actually swatched, not to mention having little to zero pigmentation.

on 12/9/2016 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I looked at this palette a million times at Target before I committed to it. Let's make it clear that by the time I tried this, I had tried the $54 Naked 3 palette. In comparison and with apologies, this is a much better product. First and foremost, the shadows do not fall all over your face. Second, the shades look much nicer on me. For the record, I have long black hair, brown eyes and blond eyebrows. My skin tone is NC30 but not as yellow. I use Painterly from MAC as a primer and try any combination of this palette. It has not failed me even once. This and Roses from CG are awesome and highly recommended!

on 12/5/2016 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was looking for a nude palette that would suit my colouring, and wasn't prepared to pay for anything high-end yet.

+++ packaging: just missing a mirror and actual brush
+++ shade selection: the purple and copper shimmer shades are amazing, everything else is good, don't really see ever using that greenish one without looking dead
+++ texture selection: it's not all shimmer and glitter, very practical
+++ affordable

--- even with primer, even patted on with a finger, barely shows up, and fades quickly. what's the point? I was hoping the quality would be closer to some of their better quads, so it's disappointing

In the end, I guess this is basically just a test drive of the colours before I buy something better from MAC or UD. (Honestly, I like the shades in this better than in Naked 3 though, because it has more variety in the darks, and the purple is a standout.)

on 11/6/2016 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

muy bueno

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Very cute colors! I love all the pink shades and the shimmers. Glides on smoothly and lasts all day. Some more pigmented than others.