Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 7/8/2017 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

oldie but goodie, I always come back to this. Cleans the pores out.

on 7/8/2017 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm only reviewing this as a toothpaste. I checked the ingredients which seamed pretty safe for this use. Let me tell you, this polishes teeth amazingly well! No fluoride too. I love it. Go try it! I can always tell a difference when I use this because my teeth feel so smooth and they look a little whiter!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this stuff. I used to be able to get it locally at Walgreens or WalMart, but now have to get it at our local Dollar General, or online. It goes on smoothly, is extremely economical, and washes off easily.

Have used it off and on for years. Am using it now, every morning. I apply it and let it dry for about 30 minutes and wash it off. Leaves my skin dewy, clean, and smooth like a baby's skin.

This is my favorite mask, ever, and wish it was a bit easier to find in our area.

I am almost 65, and have had years of positive use of it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

After reading many reviews and hearing so many great things about this product, I decided to buy a tube of it. For $2.74, I cannot believe how awesome this mask is. No wonder people have been using it for years. It's green, and has the wonderful scent of spearmint. It has a thick, clay like texture. I tried this mask last night, and it did wonders for my oily spots. It literally formed holes around where my worst clogged pores are (nose, forehead, and cheeks) and I could see that it was pulling the gunk and oil out of them. I let it harden for about 15 minutes, then washed off warm water and a washcloth. It left my skin smooth and glowing, not dry at all, which I was worried about. I could easily see this mask becoming a staple of my skincare routine, and would highly recommend it to anyone, especially those of us with oily skin and a tendency for clogged pores/pimples. I've heard this works great as a spot treatment for pimples, too, so I will definitely try that next time. Buy this mask!

on 3/31/2017 10:47:00 PM

I adore this mask- in part because it's so effective and in part because I'm sentimental. This is the first mask I've ever used (When I was still a little teeny bopper before the hormones kicked in and the acne started) and my mom has used this for YEARS, so I associate it with seeing my mom with a towel on her head and this green goop on her face and also with sleepovers with my little friends. So, yeah. The price is also great- 12 ounces of product for like $8 at Sally's beauty supply store is so killer!! I haven't had a problem with it drying out in the jar. I use a brush to apply this after washing my face and I leave in on until it's dry or I get tired of screwing around on my phone and then I wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth. I don't apply it very thickly- using a brush helps with this- and it washes off quickly. It helps reduce ance redness and helps acne heal faster. It leaves my skin really soft and smooth and I feel like it's improved the evenness of my skin tone slightly. (Although I don't have melasma or any significant discoloration. It might just be because it calms redness.) It feels really nice and cooling when it's on, and I love the fragrance. (See aforementioned sentimentality.) All in all, this isn't a miracle product- I still have ance when I take it off- but it does help a lot, it's cheap, and it's effective and easy and pleasant to use. I will use this- along with other masks and a solid skincare routine (That includes occasional spa facials and dermatologist visits and all the other steps- cleanse, exfoliate, tone, great, moisturize, etc.) To help heal my skin and keep me looking fresh. I totally recommend this product, I feel like it's a time honored classic and quite reliable. Will deff repurchase!!

on 3/18/2017 3:21:00 PM

I love this mask! It leaves your skin so clean, refereshed, but a bit dry. This should be used at mostly 2x a week. It is potent and pulls out all the impurities, which in turn can cause some break out. The few blemishes caused after the use disappear a lot faster than just random blemishes, since skin is not as dirty.
Def need moisturizing after but somehow it makes the skin supple. So just a little moisturizer after and it's good To go!

on 2/20/2017 4:45:00 PM

I'm on my second jar of this after buying a small one for travel. This is very potent and my face feels so clean and smooth unlike any other mask I've tried. It also dries in less than ten minutes so it's perfect for a quick pick me up. Make sure you close the lid on this tightly because it does dry up fast (maybe because I got the small jar that had less product) and even the small jar will last for months. Also, be careful using this after exfoliating or anything that can be harsh on the face because it can irritate. I used this once after using The Face Shop's Jewel Peeling (which is harsh to begin with) and it STINGS (I don't consider my skin that sensitive). Overall this is awesome to use after basic cleansing and a light scrub if needed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy Grail! I use it once a week and set no timer. I just wait until it dries and I can literally see the crap of the week getting lifted away from my pores. I do use a heavy duty night cream afterwards to restore moisture and balance to my skin. 10/10 would recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this for about $3 at the dollar store, but I decided to give it a shot because of all the rave reviews. As someone with oily and acne-prone skin, I have to say that this is one of the best masks I've ever tried. I do it about once or twice a week, and I use it nightly as a spot treatment. It dries pimples out so quickly and diminishes their redness by morning. As a mask, it is amazing. My face is way less oily and my skin feels soft and refreshed. I highly recommend this to anyone with oily and acne-prone skin. If you have dry skin, I would only recommend this as a spot treatment because this will really dry you out, but if you want to use it as a mask, be sure to moisturize afterwards. I have nothing negative to say about this product. It has far exceeded my expectations, and for only $3, it's definitely worth a try!

This is my HOLY GRAIL mask that I always use as an acne spot treatment!! I cannot stress enough how much this product has changed my skin's texture. I am 31 yrs old and I've been using this since my early college years when I suffered from acne on my forehead, chin, & cheeks. This was one of the products I used to combat my acne. Now, I only have the occasional "monthly" acne. I have always used this as an acne spot treatment because I found this product helps to unclog pores and reduce the swelling and redness on my acne the very next day. Leave it on overnight and it'll dry up those puppies (acne). Here's another tip, be sure to follow with a good moisturizer because it will dry your skin if you use it quite often as I did.

PS. I have so many backups of this product and even a travel size carrying 2oz of product! I have it in tube form, so I don't know if they've repackaged this product. If so, I prefer the tube form for sanitation purposes. ^_~ <3