Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 10/27/2017 11:35:00 PM

This product has changed my life. Since I was a teenager, I suffered from moderate-to-severe acne. Occasionally, I had breakouts of cystic acne. A lot of people recommended Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, so I bought it for about $8 at Sally Beauty Supply. For a while, I've been using it twice a week and noticed significant results. My skin is balanced - not oily or dry and my break-outs have calmed down. Also, I noticed that I have smaller, tighter pores than before especially on my cheeks. I've been using the same routine for years now, but added this to regime and noticed a big difference.

on 10/27/2017 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have very oily skin, and Mint Julep Masque is a good, cheap, ETF way to clear things out once a week. It won't remove blackheads or anything similarly dramatic, but my face feels cool and clean afterwards. Two complaints:

1. It's extremely hard to squeeze product out of the tube. I wish there was still a jar option.

2. The sulfur smell that lingers after I wash it off. The stench clings to my skin, my towels, my pillowcase, everything. I try to use this masque before showering to get around that.

on 10/23/2017 4:26:00 AM

Skin type: oily/acne prone

I have the tube version of this which I feel can be kind of inconvenient as the mask is pretty thick and is hard to get out. Either way, I love this stuff. Smells refreshing, tingles nicely, and does a great job at combating excess oils and making my pores feel clean, and my skin nice and tight. A classic product that I recommend :)

on 10/8/2017 3:38:00 AM

My husband love this masque! He has very oily skin. Really tightens pore and refreshes skin. It dries excess oil, reduces clogged pores over time, tightens, and cools irritated blemishes. This also helps with blackheads. Also very affordable with ultra big package! I would definitely recommend this to everyone with very oily and acne skin.

Love this stuff! I have oily & combo skin and suffer from the occasional breakout. This mask gets rid of all my pimples so well. I wish I knew about this stuff when I was younger. If you are plagued by oil, blackheads or breakouts, try this mask.

on 10/10/2017 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great stuff! I've been using this product for at least 10 years. This mask has the ability to remove the blackheads and the excess oil from my face without over drying the cheek areas. Also it noticeably shrink large pores if kept on overnight. Love it

on 9/18/2017 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this mask because of its many good reviews. Definitely a good product and my skin loves it. The price is great, it washes off very easily. Doesn't dry out and my skin visibly looks different after using it. Will keep buying.

I buy this in the jar at Sally Beauty Supply, rather than the tube version. This makes it super easy to apply with a face masque brush, and it lasts forever. It is a holy grail product for me; I have been using it for 5+ years. Love the tingly feeling. Use it about once a week for a good pore purge. Highly recommend.

on 9/2/2017 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mask is my fav in terms of keeping my pores clean and is my go to when I have any acne outbreaks. Clears up considerably after one use. I don't know what I would do without it!
I will say, it is a little on the drying side, so as soon as it's dry, wash it off. Leaving it sit on the skin too long will dry it out more.

on 9/6/2017 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a 227g tube of this for S$9.90. It's cheap and it works and if you like the smell of mint, all the better. My face feels refreshed after washing it off and it really draws the gunk out and helps with pores as well with just one use. I tried it after I had a particularly bad breakout with many red and inflamed spots and it helped to calm my face down and clear the congested pores.

It does leave my face a little dry afterwards though, which is fine since I will moisturise anyways. The product is a little difficult to spread as it is quite thick.