Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 2/20/2017 4:45:00 PM

I'm on my second jar of this after buying a small one for travel. This is very potent and my face feels so clean and smooth unlike any other mask I've tried. It also dries in less than ten minutes so it's perfect for a quick pick me up. Make sure you close the lid on this tightly because it does dry up fast (maybe because I got the small jar that had less product) and even the small jar will last for months. Also, be careful using this after exfoliating or anything that can be harsh on the face because it can irritate. I used this once after using The Face Shop's Jewel Peeling (which is harsh to begin with) and it STINGS (I don't consider my skin that sensitive). Overall this is awesome to use after basic cleansing and a light scrub if needed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy Grail! I use it once a week and set no timer. I just wait until it dries and I can literally see the crap of the week getting lifted away from my pores. I do use a heavy duty night cream afterwards to restore moisture and balance to my skin. 10/10 would recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this for about $3 at the dollar store, but I decided to give it a shot because of all the rave reviews. As someone with oily and acne-prone skin, I have to say that this is one of the best masks I've ever tried. I do it about once or twice a week, and I use it nightly as a spot treatment. It dries pimples out so quickly and diminishes their redness by morning. As a mask, it is amazing. My face is way less oily and my skin feels soft and refreshed. I highly recommend this to anyone with oily and acne-prone skin. If you have dry skin, I would only recommend this as a spot treatment because this will really dry you out, but if you want to use it as a mask, be sure to moisturize afterwards. I have nothing negative to say about this product. It has far exceeded my expectations, and for only $3, it's definitely worth a try!

This is my HOLY GRAIL mask that I always use as an acne spot treatment!! I cannot stress enough how much this product has changed my skin's texture. I am 31 yrs old and I've been using this since my early college years when I suffered from acne on my forehead, chin, & cheeks. This was one of the products I used to combat my acne. Now, I only have the occasional "monthly" acne. I have always used this as an acne spot treatment because I found this product helps to unclog pores and reduce the swelling and redness on my acne the very next day. Leave it on overnight and it'll dry up those puppies (acne). Here's another tip, be sure to follow with a good moisturizer because it will dry your skin if you use it quite often as I did.

PS. I have so many backups of this product and even a travel size carrying 2oz of product! I have it in tube form, so I don't know if they've repackaged this product. If so, I prefer the tube form for sanitation purposes. ^_~ <3

on 1/2/2017 5:10:00 PM

I have used this off and on for over 30 yrs. Its an old school goody for sure. I'm 47, and until last year I always had very oily skin. With age, I am now combo, and was starting to get some dryness on my cheeks, so I don't use this more than once a week, but it is still a classic for pulling out impurities, white/black heads, and can be used as an overnight spot treatment for active pimples, they will dry up overnight! These years In between I have used many expensive and inexpensive masks from Indian Healing Clay, GlamGlow etc and I always regret the $ I have spent trying out other masks that do the same thing for 5-10x the price..this $5 Queen Helene mask works just as good, and its been around since 1930, so you can trust the quality and company.

on 12/6/2016 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Been using this mask for years and my mother before me. Really tightens and firms the skin and leaves it looking refreshed and renewed. Love it!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Terrific facial mask. It smooths skin, diminishes clogged pores, and calms breakouts. It's green in color, and smells like mint. However, if you really pay attention, you can smell its active ingredient Sulphur. But, it is not strong and doesn't bother me. It is marketed to persons with acne or oily skin, so if you have very dry skin like I do (even if you do have acne), I recommend using this only when your skin is looking 'gunky' because it has the potential to irritate and dry out the skin further if it is applied too often. When I do use this, I use it at night, and I follow up with a heavy-duty moisturizer. When I wake up in the morning my skin looks toned, livened-up, and refreshed.

on 10/10/2016 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WOW! I had no idea my skin could feel so soft and smooth!
It's super thick, it feels like it might never get dry, but it actually does dry in 5-10 minutes and is ready to rinse off. Comes off easily, too. I was hoping for a more minty smell, but the mint isn't strong, just kind of a bland clay smell--which is fine, not bad at all. It REALLY cleans out my pores; my skin feels so clean and amazing after using this mask. No tingle, no burn, no irritation at all, and my skin can be a little bit sensitive. I follow up with an AHA toner and a little moisturizer. I have very oily, acne-prone skin, drier or combination skins might have a bit more dryness so don't forget to moisturize!
Overall, truly excellent product, and you can't beat the price!

on 8/21/2016 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've repurchased a full size version of this mask, so I think I'm in a position to say that this is still my favourite mud mask! Other mud masks don't seem to be as cleansing or refreshing, but this one never fails to deflate a blemish or pimple. I have recently tried the Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay mask which is a very popular Korean one, but this one still takes the cake. However I feel this mask may be a little too strong for sensitive skin types, so use with caution! It works great for my oily, blackhead/whitehead-prone, non sensitive skin though :)

on 8/11/2016 8:05:00 PM

I have the older one in the white bottle packaging that I got at a nearby vitamin store last year.
I've been using it more seriously this year like about 2 or 3 times a week and noticed the pores on my nose and skin is improving overall.
I put on a not too thin layer since it makes it easier to rinse off and you do see the oil being taken out of the pores when it dries. And when there's bits of dry skin after I gently rub it off with a wet washcloth and it makes my skin more smoother and better.
Pretty good mask overall. I also like the scent.