Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

I’ve been using this wonderful clay mask on my face since I was in my early 30’s. It is still the best face mask on the market imo, as it is extremely affordable and effective. I use it twice a week and let it dry on my face for 15-20 minutes. This makes my skin feel much more toned, fresh and extremely clean. It also tightens up my pores and makes the overall appearance of my skin much better. I LOVE this product and hope it is never ever discontinued!! The packaging could be better as it’s hard to get the last few treatments out of the tube, but who cares as long as it’s a great and affordable product!!

on 5/12/2018 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This mask is really strong - too strong. It did nothing for my pores, and it left me red and irritated. If you're the least bit sensitive, I would recommend avoiding this mask. Try going to the health food store and getting something that is just plain clay or mud without any other additives. Your skin will thank you.

on 4/17/2018 7:08:00 PM

I remember when this mask was all the rage back in the day. To this day it still lives up to the hype. It has a great, cooling effect on the skin and removes all that nasty gunk on your face. Great price point and packaging. There really isn't anything to complain about here!

on 3/17/2018 10:33:00 PM

Somehow I've been missing out on this stuff all my life. I was browsing face masks on amazon and was immediately drawn in by the mint.

This has kaolin and bentonite clay in it and it is amazing for oily skin. The spearmint gives it a nice tingly cooling sensation too, I was scared it was too strong at first but it doesn't irritate my skin at all.

I like to follow up with hyaluronic acid serum and a leave on moisturizing mask like freeman cactus cloudberry water gel. My skin is so smooth and it feels cleaner.

This is a nice, refreshing mask to use in the summer. This doesn’t really have an anti acne effect on my skin, but does seem to briefly control oil. I would not repurchase as I realized it contains parabens.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my favorite masks. I can't believe how cheap it is. The quality is amazing. The sulfur and the minty ingredients really help with inflammation, and it dries out acne without drying out the rest of your skin. I think this works best if you apply it to damp skin, rather than skin you have already patted dry. It works well either way, but I tried the damp method last night and it seemed to boost the results. It's pretty much just everything you want a mask to do for you.

on 10/27/2017 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have very oily skin, and Mint Julep Masque is a good, cheap, ETF way to clear things out once a week. It won't remove blackheads or anything similarly dramatic, but my face feels cool and clean afterwards. Two complaints:

1. It's extremely hard to squeeze product out of the tube. I wish there was still a jar option.

2. The sulfur smell that lingers after I wash Mint Julep Masque off. The stench clings to my skin, my towels, my pillowcase, my hands; everything that touches my face. I try to use it before showering to get around that.

Love this stuff! I have oily & combo skin and suffer from the occasional breakout. This mask gets rid of all my pimples so well. I wish I knew about this stuff when I was younger. If you are plagued by oil, blackheads or breakouts, try this mask.

on 10/23/2017 4:26:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Skin type: oily/acne prone

I have the tube version of this which I feel can be kind of inconvenient as the mask is pretty thick and is hard to get out. Either way, I love this stuff. Smells refreshing, tingles nicely, and does a great job at combating excess oils and making my pores feel clean, and my skin nice and tight. A classic product that I recommend :)

on 10/10/2017 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great stuff! I've been using this product for at least 10 years. This mask has the ability to remove the blackheads and the excess oil from my face without over drying the cheek areas. Also it noticeably shrink large pores if kept on overnight. Love it