Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

This is a nice, refreshing mask to use in the summer. This doesn’t really have an anti acne effect on my skin, but does seem to briefly control oil. I would not repurchase as I realized it contains parabens.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my favorite masks. I can't believe how cheap it is. The quality is amazing. The sulfur and the minty ingredients really help with inflammation, and it dries out acne without drying out the rest of your skin. I think this works best if you apply it to damp skin, rather than skin you have already patted dry. It works well either way, but I tried the damp method last night and it seemed to boost the results. It's pretty much just everything you want a mask to do for you.

on 10/27/2017 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have very oily skin, and Mint Julep Masque is a good, cheap, ETF way to clear things out once a week. It won't remove blackheads or anything similarly dramatic, but my face feels cool and clean afterwards. Two complaints:

1. It's extremely hard to squeeze product out of the tube. I wish there was still a jar option.

2. The sulfur smell that lingers after I wash it off. The stench clings to my skin, my towels, my pillowcase, everything. I try to use this masque before showering to get around that.

Love this stuff! I have oily & combo skin and suffer from the occasional breakout. This mask gets rid of all my pimples so well. I wish I knew about this stuff when I was younger. If you are plagued by oil, blackheads or breakouts, try this mask.

on 10/23/2017 4:26:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Skin type: oily/acne prone

I have the tube version of this which I feel can be kind of inconvenient as the mask is pretty thick and is hard to get out. Either way, I love this stuff. Smells refreshing, tingles nicely, and does a great job at combating excess oils and making my pores feel clean, and my skin nice and tight. A classic product that I recommend :)

on 10/10/2017 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great stuff! I've been using this product for at least 10 years. This mask has the ability to remove the blackheads and the excess oil from my face without over drying the cheek areas. Also it noticeably shrink large pores if kept on overnight. Love it

on 10/8/2017 3:38:00 AM

My husband love this masque! He has very oily skin. Really tightens pore and refreshes skin. It dries excess oil, reduces clogged pores over time, tightens, and cools irritated blemishes. This also helps with blackheads. Also very affordable with ultra big package! I would definitely recommend this to everyone with very oily and acne skin.

on 9/18/2017 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this mask because of its many good reviews. Definitely a good product and my skin loves it. The price is great, it washes off very easily. Doesn't dry out and my skin visibly looks different after using it. Will keep buying.

I buy this in the jar at Sally Beauty Supply, rather than the tube version. This makes it super easy to apply with a face masque brush, and it lasts forever. It is a holy grail product for me; I have been using it for 5+ years. Love the tingly feeling. Use it about once a week for a good pore purge. Highly recommend.

on 9/6/2017 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a 227g tube of this for S$9.90. It's cheap and it works and if you like the smell of mint, all the better. My face feels refreshed after washing it off and it really draws the gunk out. I tried it after I had a particularly bad breakout with many red and inflamed spots and it helped to calm my face down and clear the congested pores.

It does leave my face a little dry afterwards though, which is fine since I will moisturise anyways. The product is a little difficult to spread as it is quite thick.

I like how it brings all the junk to the surface which actually helps with clearing my pimps. Especially now I growing a bunch of deep pimples.

It does nothing for blackheads though.