Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 6/26/2016 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have really really huge pores ! & i have tons of itty bitty hairs on my face which causes a lot of pimples & I have tons of blacks heads on my forehead from the hairs (because I have a oily skin especially on my t zone which clogs my pores also ) & this helped my skin so much!

on 6/21/2016 12:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using this product for about two months, usually once a week or once every two week. Now, I wouldn't say this is a magic in a tube kind of thing, and I don't expect any long term miracle, because to me it's an extra step in skin cleansing, just like exfoliating, it's only good as long as you do it regularly and diligently. When I first got it, I was really disappointed because the product is really really thick, it's not dry but it's just too thick on its own, it's doesn't spread on my face and when I wash it off, it hardly does any thing for me. The minty scent was also really strong, it stung my eyes, not too badly but it did. I thought that this lacked the initial moisture needed to adhere itself to my skin, and I started to mix it with my favourite hydrating toner to thin it out. And bam, magic happened. It got a lot thinner, easier to spead, and the smell become a lot more tolerable. The added mosture helped it soak into my skin, then dried out properly and flaked off, making removal a lot easier (since washing it off in the sink will mess with your plumbing. I just gently rub most of the flakes off onto a old newspaper and put it in the trash. It makes my trash smell good). It really does clean up the gross things that's been collecting in my pores and clear them out (please don't buy into misinformation, pores don't change size, they're just more visible when there's dirt inside them. Nothing will ever change the size of your pores). As for acne, I always find that acnes dry out and go away a lot quicker and less messy/painful when I use this mask to spot treat (it shortens recovery time for me from 4-5 days to only 2-3 usually). But remember, if you HAD picked at the pimple, this mask can do little to an open bleeding wound. It also brings a lot of the little white heads to the surface, which I just gently pop and clean the spots, they usually heal with no problems.
The trick in this for me is to put it on in thin layers on top of each other, and I couldn't have done that unless I really thin the putty down with the toner. I spread it on like a liquidy cream in 2-3 layers, and up to 4 layers on trouble areas like my nose and the surrounding, my cheeks and chin. It also really saves product this way, because I find that as long as I use the layering method, I don't need to add more product to than I usually need to the mixture at all.
It took some work but I made it work for me, just the way I wanted it to, so I don't have much to complain. My only advice is, try to keep your face still, don't talk and especially DO NOT watch or read something funny when you're having this mask on, because it pulls your skin quite tightly and if you crinkle your face to smile/laugh, it's gonna hurt.

To Read all 4270 Reviews, Login or Join

I have combination skin with enlarged pores & mild rosacea also, but I don't suffer from acne, I only get 1 or 2 zits a month due to hormonal changes. This mask really makes my skin feel amazingly fresh after I take it off, but unfortunately it hasn't done much for my pore size ): I use it once or twice every week and I don't know why but sometimes after I use it, the next day I wake up with one or two tiny pimples but I guess it's the mask cleaning my face , and these small pimples are gone by next day. I'm definitely buying the mint mask again, it cleans super good. Wouldn't recommend using it more than 3 times a week.

I used to use this often. I have combination (dry and oily) acne-prone skin and i almost always have clogged pores and/or bumps.

The cons of this product is that it dries up in the tube and it clogs it up and can no longer be used. It also doesn't dry tightly so it doesnt do a great job pulling things out of your pores.

If you have acne prone skin and/or pimples/bumps/blocked pores, you NEED to try the Aztec Indian Healing Clay. I will NEVER use another mask again. This one comes as a powder that you mix with apple cider vinegar, so it doesnt dry up over time since you always make it fresh. It tightens alot more and really pulls things out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is an old standby of mine. I do not use it that often, but it's great to have on hand when I have "skin incidents", or when I simply want a "spa night". I love the feel and smell of this -- I find it quite easy to spread on my face, and the minty fragrance is so soothing. I have ultra-sensitive skin and I recently broke out terribly from using a new sunscreen. This mask calms down my skin when things like this happen. It washes off quite easily too (I don't leave it on longer than 15 minutes). It's also an effective spot treatment for zits.

I only use this from time to time as a mask -- if you have dry, sensitive skin as I do, I think it would be pretty drying to use it frequently.

I LOVE this product. It smells amazing! As soon as I put it on I can practically feel it lifting oil and impurities from my skin. It keeps my skin pimple and acne free all the time. It also moisturizes my skin which is really important for me because my skin is very dry. I use it regularly and have been using it for over 2 years. Queen Helene mint julep masque is absolutely incredible. It works wonders. This stuff is a miracle!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Made me break out but on another note it did feel good. If you don't break out from it I give 5/5 stars

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I almost finished this and I still haven't seen any change or improvement in my skin. It didn't seem to help my bumps( caused my clogged pores), pimples or anything. It didn't seem to do anything even thought I read the amazing review. I really wish it did.

It's so cheap and there's a lot of it but if only it worked. Since I developed an even more sensitive this really stung my face so beware of you have very sensitive skin. It is really uncomfortable to have on and is hard to remove once it's completely dry.

on 6/1/2016 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my secret weapon against hormonal acne, especially those sore pimples along my jawline. I only use this as a spot treatment; using it all over my face aggravates my sensitive skin and burns my dry patches. But it truly does work for me! I usually apply it before bed, wear it for about 15-20 minutes, wash it off and moisturize. The next morning, I see a drastic difference in the appearance of my acne. My skin can't tolerate many acidic products, so I keep this handy whenever I have a break out. And it feels nice and tingly, which is a plus. :)

Super affordable, smells great, and actually works! I use this weekly to get a nice deep clean and as soon as I put it on it immediately goes to work. Tingling and cooling feeling- makes my face feels so refreshed and revitalized!

Popular Masks