Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 9/21/2018 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this stuff for eons. When I was a teenager and my skin was a rampant oily mess, I used it all over as a mask, and it helped clear things up a bit. Now - even tho I'm rapidly progressing to geezerdom, I still get the occasional zit or some weird thing. I use this as an overnight treatment on those, and it's as close to a miracle worker as anything I've ever used. It will shrink down a blemish overnight so it's next to nothing the next morning. You *do* want to let this dry before you hit the sack, or you'll have some strange markings on your pillowcase. But it works a treat, and has for decades. Hope they never stop making it, or that they don't change it!

I was using this product before I worked at Sally beauty. It's really good for random pimple pop ups or little spot treatments. Honestly it's the one thing I go back to, and helps with the black heads on my nose. You do need to pair it up with a nice moisturizer afterwards, but other than that I can always count on the masque to take down pimple inflammation.

Dries out my skin and made it damn itchy. Placed a lot of hope on this mask but it’s all just a disappointment.

on 6/14/2018 10:58:00 AM

Very low quality.Difficult to apply... spreading.

I’ve been using this wonderful clay mask on my face since I was in my early 30’s. It is still the best face mask on the market imo, as it is extremely affordable and effective. I use it twice a week and let it dry on my face for 15-20 minutes. This makes my skin feel much more toned, fresh and extremely clean. It also tightens up my pores and makes the overall appearance of my skin much better. I LOVE this product and hope it is never ever discontinued!! The packaging could be better as it’s hard to get the last few treatments out of the tube, but who cares as long as it’s a great and affordable product!!

on 5/12/2018 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This mask is really strong - too strong. It did nothing for my pores, and it left me red and irritated. If you're the least bit sensitive, I would recommend avoiding this mask. Try going to the health food store and getting something that is just plain clay or mud without any other additives. Your skin will thank you.

on 4/17/2018 7:08:00 PM

I remember when this mask was all the rage back in the day. To this day it still lives up to the hype. It has a great, cooling effect on the skin and removes all that nasty gunk on your face. Great price point and packaging. There really isn't anything to complain about here!

on 3/17/2018 10:33:00 PM

Somehow I've been missing out on this stuff all my life. I was browsing face masks on amazon and was immediately drawn in by the mint.

This has kaolin and bentonite clay in it and it is amazing for oily skin. The spearmint gives it a nice tingly cooling sensation too, I was scared it was too strong at first but it doesn't irritate my skin at all.

I like to follow up with hyaluronic acid serum and a leave on moisturizing mask like freeman cactus cloudberry water gel. My skin is so smooth and it feels cleaner.

This is a nice, refreshing mask to use in the summer. This doesn’t really have an anti acne effect on my skin, but does seem to briefly control oil. I would not repurchase as I realized it contains parabens.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my favorite masks. I can't believe how cheap it is. The quality is amazing. The sulfur and the minty ingredients really help with inflammation, and it dries out acne without drying out the rest of your skin. I think this works best if you apply it to damp skin, rather than skin you have already patted dry. It works well either way, but I tried the damp method last night and it seemed to boost the results. It's pretty much just everything you want a mask to do for you.