Hada Labo Gokujyun Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil

Hada Labo Gokujyun Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil

4.2

Ethylhexyl palmitate, triethylhexanoin, sorbeth-30 tetraisosterate, PEG-20 glyceryl triisosterate, olea europaea (olive) oil, water, dextrin palmitate, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, hydroxypropyltrimonium hyaluronate, simmondsia chinensis seed oil, BHT

on 4/4/2018 1:19:00 PM

I can do nothing but recommend this. It's affordable and extremely effective. I've run the gamut of cleansing oils and previous to this I was using the Garden of Wisdom one formulated for oily/acne-prone skin. It was good but since switching to this my skin is near-perfect, which makes me think the GoW was doing something annoying that I didn't catch, like clogging my pores. (Though this one is obv not as "natural.")

One pump'll do ya and it breaks down makeup quickly. I use the UD Perversion mascara (love) and its one caveat is that it's awful to remove, but this oil makes quick work of it, along with the metric ton of liquid liner I wear on the daily. The best part though is that I feel super confident it's taking off my foundation and zinc-based sunblock. To the point where I'm wondering how much used to be left on my face...

I got this off Amazon (the Japanese version) for about $12. I've been using it for about 3 weeks so I can't tell how long it will last but I think it'll be at least 6 months. No breakouts, dryness, or irritation at all. I have also moved on from removing my cleansing oil with a washcloth, which saves on laundry (and washcloths). I just rinse and then follow with a gel cleanser. Everything comes off!

on 3/18/2018 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this about 5 months ago, and I initially was really excited about it when I saw it was fragrance-free. I ordered it from Amazon. The seller and product were rated well by many reviewers, so I don't think I got a bad bottle of this, but...It left a horrible greasy layer on my skin. I applied it to dry skin, massaged to break up foundation, added water to emulsify, massaged more, rinsed well, and I had a layer left I couldn't remove. I also had some makeup left, and I only wear a light amount of L'oreal True Match foundation.

The leftover product on my skin felt impossible to get off even with my second cleanser, and I ended up getting clogged pores and breakouts.

*Note: I have had issues with ethylhexyl palmitate when it's high in the ingredients list, so I think that was the issue. It's extremely comedogenic for some people, so be careful. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that can get clogged and dehydrated for reference.

Find a good, reputable seller and order 2 of these at a time. One bottle will last a long time (think: about a year), but you're not going to want to run out. You must get the one with the label in Japanese, because it is meant to be sold in Japan and is the original formula! If you find one with an English label, it's probably not the exact same product. Anyway, onto the cleansing oil...I apply 1 pump to my dry face (with clean, dry hands), and massage it in for about a minute. When I'm almost ready to add some water, I take another 1/2 pump or so and apply it to my eyelids and lashes, rubbing ever so gently until I can feel that my mascara has been broken down. Once I feel that my makeup has been sufficiently removed, I apply some warm water to my face with my hands and continue massaging; the oil will turn white. Then, I rinse it away completely and poof - all my makeup is GONE, waterproof mascara included. It also does a nice job of removing my sunscreen, which is zinc-based and doesn't wash off easily. Afterward, my skin feels soft and clean, but not stripped; the oil doesn't irritate my eyes at all, even if it gets IN my eyes. I normally have a lot of irritation with makeup removers, so the gentleness is a big win for me! Plus, this is a fragrance-free product, so there's a low risk of irritation and skin inflammation in general. I also think that using an oil is more gentle on my skin and eyelashes than using a makeup wipe or a cotton pad with makeup remover. Less tugging = fewer eyelashes lost, and possibly fewer wrinkles someday. After I've rinsed away the oil, I use my regular cleanser and carry on with my skincare routine. If I'm going to use my Clarisonic, I do sometimes use it with the cleansing oil, instead of my regular cleanser - it works great that way!

Overall, this is an excellent product - it's a highly effective way to remove makeup and sunscreen, it's non-irritating, it makes my skin softer and smoother, and it's affordable to boot. The packaging is hygienic and takes up very little space, but it's not exactly travel-friendly. I would recommend pumping some into a leak-proof bottle for travel, as it's fairly thin for an oil - it tends to run everywhere if you're not careful. I have another bottle sitting in my Amazon cart just waiting for me to finish my order, along with the Hada Labo foam cleanser that is actually meant to go with this cleansing oil! Reportedly, the foam cleanser activates some of the emulsifiers in the oil better than plain water, for an even better but equally gentle cleanse...

I love this cleansing oil. It’s much lighter than DHC’s and it washes clean with no residue. Sometimes I do a double cleanse with it and sometimes this is all I need. It effectively removes all makeup (I use Neutrogena’s eye makeup remover for waterproof mascara) and leaves my skin feeling fresh, cleansed and ready for moisturizer. Will definitely buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Had a really bad reaction to this. My skin is pretty sensitive in this gave me a major redness flareup that burned and was itchy. Never again

on 10/25/2017 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Simply put, this is the best liquid cleansing oil on the market. I've tried loads, asian and western, including the famed DHC (which is also good, but costs more), and this is the one I keep coming back to. Packaging is a pump, which is ideal, and a bottle does last quite a long time even with daily use. Cleansing oils have two jobs: one, the obvious, do no harm, and I have never had any kind of reaction to this product despite having highly reactive skin, and two, to cleanse and thoroughly remove makeup and sunscreen, which it accomplishes flawlessly. I love the simplicity of the formula, and that it is mineral oil and fragrance free. It does need to be quite thoroughly rinsed off -- a couple of quick splashes to the face will not do -- but if you are actually interested in taking care of your face I should not have to explain this to you. You can also remove with a flannel if you so choose, but I prefer not to. I also follow up with a cleansing milk from another brand as I believe in double cleansing. All in all, this cleansing oil is effective, reasonably priced, and gentle. I've repurchased this countless times and will continue to do so. Highly recommended!

on 10/21/2017 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Absolutely superb oil cleanser, and I've tried pretty much every one on the market. It's a super effective oil cleanser, and it works as well as others two or three times the price.

So gentle, I've never had a bad reaction to it, even through chemotherapy and all the skin problems that brought. I use it for both make up removal and as a morning cleanse.
What sets it apart must be the hyaluronic acid, as it gives a much better feel to it when you apply and rub in. After rinsing, it leaves my skin comfortable and hydrated, and skincare goes on easily.

This stuff is an under appreciated classic, and if you can get your hands on some I highly recommend you try it.

on 8/8/2017 3:20:00 PM

This is a great cleansing oil. Great not only for removing makeup, but works as a morning facial wash as well. I've repurchased many times.

on 8/8/2017 9:52:00 AM

nothing special , little disappointing. Too light formula need to be more thick. It is not good fenough to remove your eye make up. You need to work with your fingers really long and sometimes still mascara is on your eye.Too much effort to clean all from the face.
It leaves a thin white coating inside the eye. I will not recommend it
DHC Oil it is magic compare to this one

on 7/25/2017 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Good stuff overall. I would not repurchase because I prefer the slightly thicker consistency of grape seed oil.

Lasts a long time, gets all SS and MU off. I usually follow with Cerave hydrating cleanser. Important to apply with dry hands on to a dry face, massage, and then emulsify and massage some more.