Hada Labo Gokujyun Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil

Hada Labo Gokujyun Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil

4.4

Ethylhexyl palmitate, triethylhexanoin, sorbeth-30 tetraisosterate, PEG-20 glyceryl triisosterate, olea europaea (olive) oil, water, dextrin palmitate, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, hydroxypropyltrimonium hyaluronate, simmondsia chinensis seed oil, BHT

on 10/25/2017 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Simply put, this is the best liquid cleansing oil on the market. I've tried loads, asian and western, including the famed DHC (which is also good, but costs more), and this is the one I keep coming back to. Packaging is a pump, which is ideal, and a bottle does last quite a long time even with daily use. Cleansing oils have two jobs: one, the obvious, do no harm, and I have never had any kind of reaction to this product despite having highly reactive skin, and two, to cleanse and thoroughly remove makeup and sunscreen, which it accomplishes flawlessly. I love the simplicity of the formula, and that it is mineral oil and fragrance free. It does need to be quite thoroughly rinsed off -- a couple of quick splashes to the face will not do -- but if you are actually interested in taking care of your face I should not have to explain this to you. You can also remove with a flannel if you so choose, but I prefer not to. I also follow up with a cleansing milk from another brand as I believe in double cleansing. All in all, this cleansing oil is effective, reasonably priced, and gentle. I've repurchased this countless times and will continue to do so. Highly recommended!

on 10/21/2017 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Absolutely superb oil cleanser, and I've tried pretty much every one on the market. It's a super effective oil cleanser, and it works as well as others two or three times the price.

So gentle, I've never had a bad reaction to it, even through chemotherapy and all the skin problems that brought. I use it for both make up removal and as a morning cleanse.
What sets it apart must be the hyaluronic acid, as it gives a much better feel to it when you apply and rub in. After rinsing, it leaves my skin comfortable and hydrated, and skincare goes on easily.

This stuff is an under appreciated classic, and if you can get your hands on some I highly recommend you try it.

on 8/8/2017 3:20:00 PM

This is a great cleansing oil. Great not only for removing makeup, but works as a morning facial wash as well. I've repurchased many times.

on 7/25/2017 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Good stuff overall. I would not repurchase because I prefer the slightly thicker consistency of grape seed oil.

Lasts a long time, gets all SS and MU off. I usually follow with Cerave hydrating cleanser. Important to apply with dry hands on to a dry face, massage, and then emulsify and massage some more.

on 8/8/2017 9:52:00 AM

nothing special , little disappointing. Too light formula need to be more thick. It is not good fenough to remove your eye make up. You need to work with your fingers really long and sometimes still mascara is on your eye.Too much effort to clean all from the face.
It leaves a thin white coating inside the eye. I will not recommend it
DHC Oil it is magic compare to this one

Amazing stuff! One pump is enough to get all the makeup off my face. This works well with waterproof makeup too.
Massage onto your skin for 20 seconds. After which, apply some water to emulsify the oil, continue to massage it for 20 seconds. Rinse it off with water followed by your daily cleanser and you're good to go!

Do read the instructions before using this product! This product is not meant to be pumped onto a cotton pad for you to wipe off your makeup. You'll need to massage it onto your skin and emulsify it after. There's a 1 lippie rating on this product and she is obviously using the product incorrectly (:

I've tried Shu Uemura, DHC, and Origins cleansing oils and this is my favorite so far. The Shu was good, but waaaay expensive, and this works just as well and doesn't dry out my skin at a fraction of the cost of the Shu, so I will stick with this. It has no scent, as far as i can tell, and has a nice thicker texture, which makes it easy to use. Highly recommend. I buy mine from Amazon and it costs about $12/bottle. Refills are available for a slightly lower cost, again through Amazon.

on 1/31/2017 9:33:00 AM

I have been using this oil cleanser daily for 6 months (adopted korean 7 step skincare routine) and it is the best way to cleanse/remove makeup at the end of the day! This is my HG cleanser. It does not irritate my dry skin, and i don't really need to use cotton balls anymore because makeup just melts away (i wear little makeup, but even MAC mascara came right off, and that stuff is thick and gunky!)

on 2/28/2016 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm oil cleansing queen. I've tried so many things, from Western brands like Jurlique, Trilogy, Moo Goo, Paula's Choice, to Eastern brands like THREE, Kracie, Shiseido, Fancl, DHC, Skinfood, Missha, etc etc you get the idea.

This is my favourite. In terms of performance, it is identical to Fancl & DHC, however it is much, much cheaper and contains nothing that I wouldn't want on my face.

I feel like with cleansers, you go through them so quickly that it really does become important to use something cost effective. Often - except for DHC & Fancl - more expensive just means more perfumed. And no, you don't need that.

This cleanser has the same thick, lovely texture as Fancl, but is thinner than DHC.

A single pump will take care of your entire face. Yes, seriously. It lasts for ages. AND you can buy refills!

Enough about price though - how does it leave my skin?

I've been using this for years now, occasionally straying to try a bottle of something else but always coming back to this. It leaves my skin feeling soft and conditioned.

I've found it's also great to clean your decollette - don't forget to clean there especially if you wear sunscreen! Give yourself a 30 second neck massage while you're at it.

This does have an ever so slight smell of natural oils (sorry, I can't pinpoint it) but it's not remotely offensive.

I'd whole-heartedly recommend this to everyone, those who always oil cleanse and those who don't. It's great for removing makeup, and it's great for a conditioning cleanse as well.

on 4/29/2016 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite cleansing oil. Prior to this I had tried the Muji cleansing oil, DHC, and the Face Shop Rice Water Cleansing Oil.

This one is the best in terms of consistency. Muji and DHC both have slightly thicker consistencies, like undiluted olive oil, which I found harder to spread on my face despite great cleaning power. The Face Shop's Cleansing Oil was basically water (plus a strong fragrance, which means a no for me). The Hada Labo oil is the perfect midpoint between DHC and the Face Shop. One pump is more than enough for my face, and it spreads easily and smoothly so even when removing eye makeup it doesn't feel like I'm pulling or pressing my skin too hard. It's also fragrance-free!

It does a great job of removing makeup. For heavy duty eyeliners like Stila Stay All Day, I might have to go back over my lash line with a qtip dipped in Bioderma to get everything, but otherwise there is no trace of makeup left on my face. I now double cleanse (with Glossier Milky Jelly) but I was just splashing off the residue off with water before and my face never felt greasy or filmy, even without a cleanser. It leaves your skin amazingly soft and it's never broken me out.

I got this for about $12 at my local Asian beauty shop in NYC (shoutout to oo35mm) but it retails for a similar price on Amazon. Way cheaper than DHC and performs better IMO :)