HADA LABO Gokujyun Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil

HADA LABO Gokujyun Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil

4.2

Ethylhexyl palmitate, triethylhexanoin, sorbeth-30 tetraisosterate, PEG-20 glyceryl triisosterate, olea europaea (olive) oil, water, dextrin palmitate, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, hydroxypropyltrimonium hyaluronate, simmondsia chinensis seed oil, BHT

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Me: rosacea combination super sensitive skin. Old AF. (Did I mention old?) I wear sunscreen every day, on sunny days heavy ass sunscreen.

I am burning through this like wildfire. I use 3 pumps at night and feel like I HAVE to double cleanse which was never my problem with Clinique's cleansing oil. [I also like BareMineral's version but looking for cheaper. (Who isn't?)]

Hada does not remove all of my eye makeup (so I am back to using a separate eye mu remover) or foundation/sunscreen at my hairline. But I like the consistency and the fragrance free aspects. It is conditioning and kind to my skin. Bottle is functional if you keep the vice lock that comes around the neck, if not you'll have to transfer to a travel-safe bottle.

First time shipping was delayed for weeks. IMO it's worth it to pay a little more for prime prices and to get it in 2 days. I started out loving this until I saw the same mediocre results again and again and the quantity decreasing exponentially.

Why does something this simple have to be so hard to find, purchase and love? And I don't want to make my own--tried that at least 10 years ago and it was an epic failure.

on 1/24/2019 11:39:00 PM

This has become my number one oil cleanser. It is really cheap, contains no fragrance, has a texture that is not too thick, not too thin, so just perfect for mildly massaging into the skin, and it is really efficient at removing makeup. As a first step cleanser, this is perfection. I will continue to repurchase this as long as they make it because I love everything about it, from the price to the simplicity and efficiency of it.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Pros: Doesn't leave an oily residue, seems to remove sunscreen (I'm a light makeup wearer, and it seems to remove that just fine as well), so quick to take makeup off, No fragrance!!!!!

Cons: For me and my skin, this makes the skin on my orbital bone dried out and flaky, ( I use it to remove concealer under my eyes and I go all the way up to my lower lash line and I can see dryness and flakiness there too ). Also, it seems you still have to work little bit to make sure you get ALL the mascara, liner, shadow off.

I really can't be having something that's going to dry out the skin around my eyes, so for that reason sadly, this will be a "no" on the repurchase.

UPDATE: I think this has been one of the main culprits of my extremely dry skin this winter. I say that because last night I did an experiment with a more "hydrating" cleansing oil that you actually do need to use a second cleanser or else you will be left with some "feeling" on your skin. So I used my normal 2nd cleanser with my moisturizing cleansing oil, and my flakiness had DRASTICALLY reduced when I woke up this morning. To be fair, I think the biggest culprit is just plain Old Man Winter, because this has been the first year in a couple of years that my area has had a TRUE winter, I mean frigid bone dry and a ton of snow and ice. I haven't got much more use out of this, maybe like a week; and I know it sounds silly but I think I'll use this to remove makeup on my neck. My neck doesn't get dry too often.

on 10/17/2018 9:16:00 AM

5 star product. I have been using a thick sun cream and felt like my skin wasn't clean at night. I previously used, and loved, Dermalogica PreCleanse but thought I'd shop around for a more hip pocket friendly product- which is exactly what I've found here.
I love the pump dispenser, although it's not great for travelling with unless you remember to keep the little stopper thingy. It's gentle yet incredibly effective and removes even the most stubborn sun cream and mascara.
Unlike PreCleanse, this doesn't sting if it gets in my eyes and doesn't blur my vision. If I get PreCleanse in my eyes I can't see clearly for quite a while.
This rinses clean leaving no residue and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight.
I am looking at reviews to expand to the whole routine worth of Hada Labo now. Wrapped that I can get around 3 products from this brand for the price of PreCleanse without sacrificing quality. The only downside is I miss the smell of essential oil in PreCleanse, but we can't have everything!!
So glad I stumbled across this product. Works much better than olive oil from the kitchen!

on 8/8/2018 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I am 62 years old with very dry skin and I have used a great many oil cleansers. ROHTO Hadalabo Gokujun Cleansing Oil is the best oil cleanser I have ever used. Completely removes all makeup including waterproof mascara. My nighttime cleansing routine is the two cleans method, so I follow up with Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Foam. Both reasonable priced. Make sure you purchase Japan made products.

on 4/4/2018 1:19:00 PM

I can do nothing but recommend this. It's affordable and extremely effective. I've run the gamut of cleansing oils and previous to this I was using the Garden of Wisdom one formulated for oily/acne-prone skin. It was good but since switching to this my skin is near-perfect, which makes me think the GoW was doing something annoying that I didn't catch, like clogging my pores. (Though this one is obv not as "natural.")

One pump'll do ya and it breaks down makeup quickly. I use the UD Perversion mascara (love) and its one caveat is that it's awful to remove, but this oil makes quick work of it, along with the metric ton of liquid liner I wear on the daily. The best part though is that I feel super confident it's taking off my foundation and zinc-based sunblock. To the point where I'm wondering how much used to be left on my face...

I got this off Amazon (the Japanese version) for about $12. I've been using it for about 3 weeks so I can't tell how long it will last but I think it'll be at least 6 months. No breakouts, dryness, or irritation at all. I have also moved on from removing my cleansing oil with a washcloth, which saves on laundry (and washcloths). I just rinse and then follow with a gel cleanser. Everything comes off!

on 3/18/2018 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this about 5 months ago, and I initially was really excited about it when I saw it was fragrance-free. I ordered it from Amazon. The seller and product were rated well by many reviewers, so I don't think I got a bad bottle of this, but...It left a horrible greasy layer on my skin. I applied it to dry skin, massaged to break up foundation, added water to emulsify, massaged more, rinsed well, and I had a layer left I couldn't remove. I also had some makeup left, and I only wear a light amount of L'oreal True Match foundation.

The leftover product on my skin felt impossible to get off even with my second cleanser, and I ended up getting clogged pores and breakouts.

*Note: I have had issues with ethylhexyl palmitate when it's high in the ingredients list, so I think that was the issue. It's extremely comedogenic for some people, so be careful. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that can get clogged and dehydrated for reference.

Find a good, reputable seller and order 2 of these at a time. One bottle will last a long time (think: about a year), but you're not going to want to run out. You must get the one with the label in Japanese, because it is meant to be sold in Japan and is the original formula! If you find one with an English label, it's probably not the exact same product. Anyway, onto the cleansing oil...I apply 1 pump to my dry face (with clean, dry hands), and massage it in for about a minute. When I'm almost ready to add some water, I take another 1/2 pump or so and apply it to my eyelids and lashes, rubbing ever so gently until I can feel that my mascara has been broken down. Once I feel that my makeup has been sufficiently removed, I apply some warm water to my face with my hands and continue massaging; the oil will turn white. Then, I rinse it away completely and poof - all my makeup is GONE, waterproof mascara included. It also does a nice job of removing my sunscreen, which is zinc-based and doesn't wash off easily. Afterward, my skin feels soft and clean, but not stripped; the oil doesn't irritate my eyes at all, even if it gets IN my eyes. I normally have a lot of irritation with makeup removers, so the gentleness is a big win for me! Plus, this is a fragrance-free product, so there's a low risk of irritation and skin inflammation in general. I also think that using an oil is more gentle on my skin and eyelashes than using a makeup wipe or a cotton pad with makeup remover. Less tugging = fewer eyelashes lost, and possibly fewer wrinkles someday. After I've rinsed away the oil, I use my regular cleanser and carry on with my skincare routine. If I'm going to use my Clarisonic, I do sometimes use it with the cleansing oil, instead of my regular cleanser - it works great that way!

Overall, this is an excellent product - it's a highly effective way to remove makeup and sunscreen, it's non-irritating, it makes my skin softer and smoother, and it's affordable to boot. The packaging is hygienic and takes up very little space, but it's not exactly travel-friendly. I would recommend pumping some into a leak-proof bottle for travel, as it's fairly thin for an oil - it tends to run everywhere if you're not careful. I have another bottle sitting in my Amazon cart just waiting for me to finish my order, along with the Hada Labo foam cleanser that is actually meant to go with this cleansing oil! Reportedly, the foam cleanser activates some of the emulsifiers in the oil better than plain water, for an even better but equally gentle cleanse...

I love this cleansing oil. It’s much lighter than DHC’s and it washes clean with no residue. Sometimes I do a double cleanse with it and sometimes this is all I need. It effectively removes all makeup (I use Neutrogena’s eye makeup remover for waterproof mascara) and leaves my skin feeling fresh, cleansed and ready for moisturizer. Will definitely buy again.

Had a really bad reaction to this. My skin is pretty sensitive in this gave me a major redness flareup that burned and was itchy. Never again