Maybelline Superstay 24 Lipstick

Maybelline Superstay 24 Lipstick

4.2

on 9/9/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Oh Maybelline superstay, what would I do without you? It's about as "breathable" as possible for this type of product and the sealant (/balm) is awesome - not sticky like the Rimmel equivalent. My only gripes are that the sealant runs out before the colour does and I find the lack of a true blue-undertoned dark red upsetting.

Tried this in "Keep up the flame" a very bright red. Color was really pretty but I could not get the product to look good. Always turned out streaky and blotchy :(

on 11/11/2015 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick is brilliant. I have it in three different shades and I find that it lasts all day.

The secret is to let the lip stain dry properly at least a minute before applying the top coat.

I bought this in Constant Cocoa. I got it in my head that I wanted a brown lipstick and picked this one. Honestly, this is not the shade for me. It brings out a purple ruddiness and makes me look a mess. Perhaps with heavy foundation it would look better, but I don't like heavy makeup. That being said, it's not the product's fault that I chose a poor colour for myself.

I get dry lips, so I exfoliated and moisturized, the moisturized again. When that had absorbed, I put on sheer coat of the pigment, let it dry (takes about 30 seconds) and then applied a second coat. I like that you can layer the product up like that. I swiped the balm over top of it all and was good to go. Hours later, after eating, drinking, etc, I caught myself in a mirror and was surprised to see that the color was still in place. I'm so used to lipsticks fading to nothing so fast that it was a bit startling. The balm had worn away so it had gone matte, which is an unflattering on my thin lips, especially in dark shades.

I did get some flake-off initially, but nothing that made any real difference to how it looked hours later.

I think the product is quite good and I'll buy it again in a different shade. In the mean time, I can use the one I have as a base for other products. I have a few tinted balms and glosses that will now have a whole new dimension when slicked over the superstay.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you want a great long lasting lipstick, try Maybelline Superstay 24 Color. It does not rub off when kissing which my hubby appreciates, this is his favorite lipstick collection that I own. It last for several hours, does not dry out your lips, and looks amazing. I recommend Continuous Coral 020, Infinite Pearl 080, and Perpetual Plum 055.

Popular Lips Products