OPI I Carol About You

OPI I Carol About You

4.8

on 5/11/2018 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I Carol About You is from Gwen Stefani 2014 Holiday Collection. This one is a bright deep eggplant purple with some silver sheen in it. It also has some micro purple/pink glitter that makes this purple very interesting.
The formula is great. I manage to use 2 thin coats to make it opaque. It does dry pretty quickly and smoothly. I guess the technique is not to put too much lacquer on the brush and just glide it on the nail. The first stroke is always a bit watery and sheer. But the second one should make it opaque. Drying time is pretty quick too as I only use two thin coats.
I find this color is so beautiful. Under indoor lighting, it does not show much of the purple. However, the moment I step out in the sunlight, the eggplant purple just shows beautifully and because of that sliver sheen, it makes the color looks ten times more vibrant. I is just a beautiful true purple. It is such a unique color and I love wearing it in the evening as it looks so elegant.

I Carol About You is a gorgeous medium purple with a subtle shimmer which gives it a lovely finish and a glow from within. This colour is a very expensive shade of purple, it has something very regal about it. The formula is excellent, it is very smooth and applies easily. It reaches opacity in two coats and does not apply streakily or patchily. It doesn't run down the nail either. The colour dries to a shiny finish, though I would recommend using topcoat to enhance the microshimmer. It wears for about 4-5 days without chipping or tipwear, which I find to be the standard wear time for OPI polishes. I believe this shade would be flattering on all skin tones. This is a bit similar to Essie's Sexy Divide, but a touch lighter. You may not need both unless you are a purple-holic, like me! This is such a gorgeous shade though, I really would recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

The previous reviewer is right - this polish does look like wet velvet. I don't know if I got a wonky bottle or what but I wasn't impressed with the formula. A thin/normal coat is streaky and a thick one bubbles up. The bubbles did look better after applying top coat but it still bothers me. However, the color is so rich and pretty and no one notices stuff like that but me so I do still really like the color. This is one worth looking into if you're into purples.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Such a gorgeous polish! I have been looking for a medium purple shimmer that does not lean too pink or have a bad formula. This one is really nice. It is medium (leaning darker) violet purple with subtle metallic shimmer. The shimmer is only slightly visible on the nail, it makes the polish look like wet velvet (which is a good thing lol). It reminds me a little bit of Sinful Colors Let's Talk, one of my all time favorite polishes, but is slightly darker and more muted. The formula is a lovely, streak-free two coater that lasts well on the nail. No regrets on buying this one; it is especially nice for fall and winter. Would recommend to anyone looking for a rich purple polish.

Popular Polishes