Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30
Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30

on 6/21/2018 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral

Goodbye, Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector, a uniquely wonderful product! I went into a Kiehl's store to get another one a week ago and was told it was discontinued. This was a multi-use product, providing treatment and mineral sunscreen, and because it was tinted, it also served as my primer/allover shadow. This revolutionized and simplified my eye makeup. I put this all over the lid, then used a very sheer wash of cream shadow (lately Clinique Chubby Sticks) in a neutral tone up to the crease. It was a very flattering, youthful, minimal look that was also protecting my eyes from sun damage and improving the skin texture at the same time. Clinique had an eye sunscreen once, with a finish like MAC strobe cream that I also liked, now also discontinued. Bare Minerals had a cream shadow with mineral SPF, discontinued. Skinceuticals still makes a tinted mineral sunscreen for the eye area but it is oilier, not a treatment, and the tint is not pigmented enough to even out the veins in my lid. When I expressed disappointment to the Kiehl's associate, he said that this product was not inclusive enough, since it only came in a light tint. I said, good point, why not offer it in 3 or more shades? He then confessed that not enough people bought it. Well, perhaps if they had offered it in a proper range of shades in the first place, more people would have bought it, and discovered this now discontinued gem.

on 6/4/2018 5:36:00 AM

Beautiful eye cream with spf 30 and vitamin C, for the delicate eye area, fragrance-free and alcohol free. Now, can anyone explain me, why on earth the company has discontinued this very good eye cream ( a few eye creams in the cosmetics world, has good ingredients, are free from perfume and alcohol) and replaced it with an eye cream with no spf for the"delicate"eye area, full of volatile alcohol!

This is the best under eye corrector I ever tried + it has spf 30. It looks natural, brightens and conceals the under eye in a natural way. Love it.

on 7/27/2016 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I DONT KNOW WHY BUT IT MAKES MY EYES ITCHY

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Been using this a few weeks and I love lots of things about it -
It does not make my eyes water or sting or react badly.
No discernible scent.
Has a physical sunscreen.
Acts a circle-covering/lightening concealer (it totally covers my dark circles but they are not generally super-dark).
Has some nice skincare ingredients.
Does not cake or crease badly.
Thin, easy to apply liquid. Just a tiny bit is all I need and it dries quickly.
Some things to consider -
i do apply this over moisturizer - I would not say it's moisturizing on its own.
It does nothing for my puffiness, but neither does anything else.
It settles into my fine lines by the end of a day, but not nearly as badly as some things I have used.
It's the perfect color for my very fair skin but I don't think it would work on dark skin tones.

on 2/29/2016 5:23:00 AM

I was looking for a light concealer for under eye area and met this product. It is like a runny bb cream for eyes. If you have dark circles under your eyes you can apply this stuff in the morning and you're good all day long. It claims to brighten the dark circles permamently. I've been using this for 2 months now and i haven't noticed a difference under my eyes colorwise so im not so sure about it. 1 tube lasts really long and you shouldn't use a big amount of product on your rutine since it has a more liquid formulation. It has spf which is very good to protect the most delicate area from the sun on daily basis.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was given a tube of this by a friend so I haven't actually purchased the product but I really like it. I pat over top of my morning eye cream and the texture is light and the pigment is good and stays put. I leave it a minute to set and then apply concealer immediately over top with my finger. It really brightens the under eye area and I have terrible brown/purple circles under my eyes.

on 5/17/2015 5:12:00 PM

Contrary to the below reviewers bad experience, I LOVE this product. I didn't hestitate at spending the 29 on this because it's a fair tinted sunscreen for eyes and you wouldn't believe, at least in the UK how hard those are to get hold of.
I have some ugly ugly dark brown patches around my eyes...and they have traced themselves gloriously into a perfect semi-circle under my eyes. Glorious to behold every morning.

I'm pretty sure that my brown spots are mostly down to hormones since my mother suffered pigmentation issues also, and I do take my sunscreen up near to my eyes, but i do prefer a dedicated treatment if i'm honest.

This stuff is quite runny, i squeeze a generous blob onto the back of my hand and then tap it all under my eyes and onto my cheek bones with some also on my brow bone and around where crows feet live. It doesn't get rid of my circles but it diminishes them enough for NARS creamy radiant concealer to finish the job off. I insta-love this Kiehls product and knew I was going to snap it up as soon as I saw it on really ree's website.

Would definitely purchase again, and I wear it daily - I think the liquorice and vit c in this has even very slightly lightened the dark patches but that may just be my optimism kicking in at having finally found a great under eye sunscreen. To the reviewer below me: This is a tinted sunscreen for the eye area, it is not a primer and it is NOT a concealer - if you want either of those your options are abundant so don't rate a product down just because it didn't do something it wasn't designed to do in the first place!!!

on 3/12/2015 10:44:00 AM

I went to buy the Clearly Corrective spot remover.

The SA (and the website) said it's also an eye primer. I've never used a product that gave me this much product build up in my upper eyelid area. I bought it mainly as a concealer with SPF. Total waste of my money!