Dior Capture Totale Dreamskin

No Image

3.3

on 6/5/2017 10:16:00 PM

Love this!!!!

So this is a skincare serum but I put it over my moisturizer then my foundation and voila, perfection!

It instantly smoothed my skin, reduced any pesky redness and gave me beautiful radiance.

I have been using this for more than 6 months and love the results. I get compliments all of the time.

So this is my skincare regimen:
Cleanse
Tone
Serum
Moisture
Dreamskin

I use two pumps for my entire face and it's super silky and easy to spread. The scent is beautiful but dissipates soon after application. I am very consistent with my usage but only use in the morning. Just my preference. I would and have repurchased.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a deluxe sample size of the One Essential serum and Dreamskin from Sephora. The packaging on the samples was gorgeous (see video) and luxurious feeling.

It is a pink cream that goes on smoothly over your skin. It really does smooth everything out beautifully. I can't say that I noticed any other changes in terms of brightening, wrinkles, etc. etc. but it does play super nicely with my foundation (currently Revlon colourstay). I think of it as a makeup primer.

I like it and although I can't say for sure I noticed any actual results I enjoyed using it and my skin was behaving very good. I started using salicylic acid on my chin which was been suffering break outs for the last couple of months and my acne has been greatly reduced. Not sure if it's from the acne treatment, the dior skincare, or both!

Either way I will not repurchase because it's sooooooo freaking expensive. If I had to choose between the one essential serum and the dreamskin I'd probably purchase the dreamskin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was honestly shocked at the poor ratings for one of my HG products - Dream Skin is a pricey indulgence, but one that's totally worth it - if you use it the way it should be used, which is as a makeup primer that smoothes your skin, makes it radiant, and helps foundation last. As far as the perfecting qualities Dior claims will happen within a month of use, I don't know that there is anything in the ingredients that could justify such a claim, although it's possible it could give an already-sufficient routine a bit of a boost. That said, I have been using mine for a month and my skin is looking better than it ever has - whether that's the cumulative result of the Dior or the rest of my ridiculously involved routine, I'm not sure. What I know for sure it has done for me is make my skin appear very flawless, almost poreless in fact immediately upon application. My skin looks radiant with this, and very smooth. My foundation lasts longer and looks better when I wear Dreamskin, even with a more sheer coverage foundation. I love this product and will never be without it.

This product retails for $115 for a 1 oz product. I got this as a sample and actually saved to use it for a special occasion since i've heard great reviews about Dior's capture totale line. My initial impressions were that I can smell the alcohol which immediately disappointed me. The cream felt pretty light and it immediately sinked into my skin. I ended up using this for about 3 nights and didn't really notice any improvement so i won't be purchasing the full size product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Price is expensive but that's normal for anti aging. Serum sinks in nicely and everything felt good on face but I didn't see a big difference in my skin

on 4/3/2016 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I did not like this serum. It offers a slight hue of color and coverage, but I didn't find a huge difference visibly in my skin after finishing a whole bottle. Alcohol is one of the top ingredients, which is usually a bad sign!

on 3/10/2015 8:33:00 PM

$135 USD for 1.7 oz. This review is for the serum. I adore the Dior Capture Totale line so was thrilled to try this new addition to the Dior line. I'm not sure what's so different about the new products from the original Capture Totale - it feels a bit thicker, and the serum sinks into the skin really well. However, I really don't see a dramatic difference between this and the original. For that reason, while I'm happy with the product, I probably won't repurchase when I'm done with the bottle as I'm just quite happy with the original version.