Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30
1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

3.7

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Jojoba and Sunflower Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Pomegranate Oils*, Algae and Melon Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Corn Starch*, White Tea, Rooibos and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*�, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rose Geranium Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

I thought I would love this product because I typically enjoy the scent of roses. The fragrance is the aspect that I enjoy least. It is overpowering and lasts for well over a hour. That said, there are many reasons to love this, if you can get past the fragrance. The texture on application is wonderful. It is light and not greasy, yet still moisturizing.The finish is dewy, not matte as suggested on the packaging. I feel this slight shininess might highlight skin imperfections in an undesirable way. After it sits for awhile on the skin the shine fades a bit which is a relief. The color seems to work for me but slightly on the yellow range. The coverage is not as great as some CC creams, but does allow skin to show through in a natural way. The most wonderful thing about this product is that it is the best feeling facial sunscreen I have yet to find. The next wonderful thing is that it has cleared up some skin eruption problem areas more effectively than anything else I’ve tried. I’m trying to get to wear I am not relying on foundation and I feel this will help me get there.

on 8/24/2018 10:40:00 AM

I see most people enjoy the fragrance of this product, but I just couldn't handle it. I love the smell of real roses, but this fragrance is just way too over the top! I end up smelling this fragrance on my face all day long and it's not pleasant. I could look past that fact if the product itself was spectacular. It's not. It's oily, little to no coverage and not natural looking. It's a NO for me.

on 2/25/2018 3:50:00 PM

I am shocked beyond all belief that this product worked for me. I am usually afraid of anything containing fragrances and oils, but this cc cream is amazing, and I think it's actually helped clear up my skin. To be clear, I use this as a tinted sunscreen, because this offers little to no coverage, BUT, I have found it a holy grail item to mix with my foundations that I felt were too matte in the past. I use three pumps of the cc cream, then add a pump of foundation to the mix. The result is gorgeous,dewy and lasts all day. I find the texture to be so much better than any of the other mineral sunscreens I have tried in the past, so I am a happy camper. The pump did try to crap out on me, but I simply took the top off , squeezed the tube to get the air out, and reassembled. It's been fine ever since. I highly recommend this as a painless way to get your daily dose of sunscreen, as well as a mixer.

on 2/17/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually like the pump! It's a decent product and my skin liked it but I can only wear it in the winter as it's quite oily. I wear it bare with no moisturiser or powder. Very light coverage which works for me but wouldn't purchase again due to the oil factor and the slight orange tinge.

on 9/2/2017 1:50:00 AM

Great product, but the new packaging - with "airless" pump - is the worst. I have to unscrew the whole top off to bypass the pump in order to get product out, which counteracts the whole purpose of including an airless pump in the design.

Product is THICK; I find it's best to apply with a blender type sponge for sheer coverage.

One of the better mineral based tinted facial sunscreens out there. This was my HG, but the new pump design, and the constant staining of my clothes has me on the hunt for a new sunscreen.

I am a MAC NC20 - 30, and this shade worked well on me. I find it does leave me quite oily after 2-3 hours of wear, so I generally powder after that.

on 5/1/2017 6:38:00 PM

I really like the look of this product once it's on and it lasts well throughout the day. The packaging is rated due to the pump failing after only a few uses. I thought it might be blocked with product but that doesn't seem to be the case.

on 4/23/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For the record, this would have a MUCH better rating if it was marketed as a tinted sunscreen, because the SPF 30 is GREAT. As a foundation or "CC" cream it sucks because the color is not buildable at all. It barely covers my skin, is thick and greasy, triggers oil production, and oxidizes like crazy, skewing an unpleasant orange color.

I would not purchase this again intending to use it as a foundation, but as a tinted sunscreen for face, neck, and hands on days when you need to be outside and want a little something? It will do the trick.

on 3/22/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
-Very light coverage, if that's what you're looking for (I was looking for more medium)
-Nice, if strong, rose fragrance
-Supposedly good ingredients

Cons:
-I have oily skin with a a touch of sebhorreic dermatitis and am prone to congestion and breakouts and general sensitivity, so not sure if it's this product or another I started using recently. But since this is the one I use in the daytime and I notice the area around the corner of my eyes is getting kind of red and stingy in the daytime after 1 week of use, I'm going to assume that this one is the one causing the irritation.
-Goes on ^thick^ (I spritz my face with rosewater beforehand to help it spread easier) but it does sink in, though still somehow manages to be both dewy and tight feeling :/

I guess it's a decent product for the price point but I'm not overly thrilled with it. Maybe good for some folks, but not for me. Going to stop using it for 2 weeks to see if the irritation is caused by the other product. Will update if necessary.

on 2/16/2017 10:42:00 AM

Quite a nice tinted sunscreen. What I like about this product is the high percentage of zinc oxide (20%) which is great sun protection. This cream is quite thick but blends into skin quite nicely. The oils make it quite creamy and easy to blend (plus points for adding in jojoba, rosehip and pomegranate oils). It does have a universal tint and the finish is quite good considering the very high amount of zinc. I layer this over my chemical sunscreens as I do not rely on physical sunscreens alone to provide me with sufficient protection. This is certainly a good high zinc sunscreen to try out for those serious about anti-aging. In fact, it reminds me of the invisible zinc sunscreen but with a tint added. I would but it again and it is certainly good value for money. The scent of roses is quite nice too.

Ingedients: 20% Zinc Oxide, Aloe barbadensis juice, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) and helianthus annuus (sunflower) oils*, sorbitan stearate, glyceryl stearate, phytochelltec (alpine rose, malus domestica, solar vitis) and bioactive 8 berry complex, soothing complex: [hyaluronic acid, magnolia officinalis bark, phoenix dactylifera (date) leaf cell and boswellia serrata (boswellin) extracts], caprylic/capric triglycerides, rosa damascena (rose) distillate*, rosea canina (rosehip) and punica granatum (pomegranate) oils, algae and cucumis melo (melon) extracts, iron oxide, magnesium sulfate, zea mays (corn) starch*, camellia sinensis (white tea), aspalathus linearis (rooibos) and hibiscus rosa-sinensis extracts*†, tocopherol (vitamin E), phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium) oil*, rosa centifolia (rose) oil

on 12/29/2016 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is really more of a tinted sunscreen than anything else. It is something I now only ever use to protect my face from the sun, usually when visiting the beach. It offers zero coverage and is a bit oily, I would not recommend it at all to those with oily skin, as it can look quite shiny. I was looking for something quite different to what I got, so I wouldn't repurchase.