Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30
1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

3.7

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Jojoba and Sunflower Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Pomegranate Oils*, Algae and Melon Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Corn Starch*, White Tea, Rooibos and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*�, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rose Geranium Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

I thought I would love this product because I typically enjoy the scent of roses. The fragrance is the aspect that I enjoy least. It is overpowering and lasts for well over a hour. That said, there are many reasons to love this, if you can get past the fragrance. The texture on application is wonderful. It is light and not greasy, yet still moisturizing.The finish is dewy, not matte as suggested on the packaging. I feel this slight shininess might highlight skin imperfections in an undesirable way. After it sits for awhile on the skin the shine fades a bit which is a relief. The color seems to work for me but slightly on the yellow range. The coverage is not as great as some CC creams, but does allow skin to show through in a natural way. The most wonderful thing about this product is that it is the best feeling facial sunscreen I have yet to find. The next wonderful thing is that it has cleared up some skin eruption problem areas more effectively than anything else I’ve tried. I’m trying to get to wear I am not relying on foundation and I feel this will help me get there.

on 4/23/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For the record, this would have a MUCH better rating if it was marketed as a tinted sunscreen, because the SPF 30 is GREAT. As a foundation or "CC" cream it sucks because the color is not buildable at all. It barely covers my skin, is thick and greasy, triggers oil production, and oxidizes like crazy, skewing an unpleasant orange color.

I would not purchase this again intending to use it as a foundation, but as a tinted sunscreen for face, neck, and hands on days when you need to be outside and want a little something? It will do the trick.

on 12/29/2016 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is really more of a tinted sunscreen than anything else. It is something I now only ever use to protect my face from the sun, usually when visiting the beach. It offers zero coverage and is a bit oily, I would not recommend it at all to those with oily skin, as it can look quite shiny. I was looking for something quite different to what I got, so I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It is the closest thing I can find to the Juice Beauty CC cream, which is my HG, that doesn't break the bank. The lightest shade of this, sheer nude, is too dark on me, and it also oxidizes when used with my powder. In order to use this CC cream, I have to cut it with Andalou Naturals Untinted Beauty balm. That way it's a pretty good approximation of the Juice Beauty CC. That being said, I feel like the Juice Beauty heals my acne scarring and completely eradicated my tendency for cystic acne, and this does not. Using this for about 3 weeks and all of a sudden I have the first cystic acne blemish that I've had since I started using the juice Beauty CC cream in January. I'm going to continue using it for now because it really makes my skin look fresh and dewy and healthy and it saves me a lot of money over the Juice Beauty, but if I get more cystic acne that's going to be a deal-breaker for me. In that case I'll just have to lump it and go back to Juice. I think this is an excellent foundation for anyone not prone to cystic acne who wants a natural product with a natural looking healthy dewy finish, and skin that is slightly darker than mine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for almost a year, and it doesn't cause breakouts on my oily, acne-prone skin. It leaves me shiny, so I do need to finish with a blotting powder over this. But I love the light coverage that evens out my complexion and the sun protection. I get many compliments on the scent as well. I will keep repurchasing.

on 3/10/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Tan, which is (as the name says) a sheer tinted moisturizer with SPF 30. I love Andalou Naturals and so far, the 1000 Roses line is my favorite. I have combination, acne-prone skin and neither this CC moisturizer, foam cleanser, serum, nor the facial oil have broken me out. That is already a big win in my case.

I have medium/olive skin with neutral/warm undertones and find this product to blend in rather easily. Keep in mind it's sheer so it's not a substitute for concealer. (I wasn't expecting this to give heavy coverage.) Though it's rather light, I can feel it throughout the day since it doesn't absorb completely. Also, I'm not quite sure this is as hydrating as they claim. The ingredients look very good but if I don't exfoliate and moisturize routinely, this will emphasize my dry patches. Those are the only cons IME.

On the plus side, I do think it is more mattifying than their Oil Control Beauty Balm (Un-Tinted). I plan to stick to this CC moisturizer since it's light and gives me adequate sun protection. It's also good to know this is designed for sensitive skin types with gentle and beneficial ingredients. I will be repurchasing.

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) and Helianthus Annuus (Sunower) Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oils*, Algae and Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch*, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

Non-GMO verified *Organic Fair Trade