Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30
1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

3.3

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Jojoba and Sunflower Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Pomegranate Oils*, Algae and Melon Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Corn Starch*, White Tea, Rooibos and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*�, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rose Geranium Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

on 4/23/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For the record, this would have a MUCH better rating if it was marketed as a tinted sunscreen, because the SPF 30 is GREAT. As a foundation or "CC" cream it sucks because the color is not buildable at all. It barely covers my skin, is thick and greasy, triggers oil production, and oxidizes like crazy, skewing an unpleasant orange color.

I would not purchase this again intending to use it as a foundation, but as a tinted sunscreen for face, neck, and hands on days when you need to be outside and want a little something? It will do the trick.

on 3/22/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
-Very light coverage, if that's what you're looking for (I was looking for more medium)
-Nice, if strong, rose fragrance
-Supposedly good ingredients

Cons:
-I have oily skin with a a touch of sebhorreic dermatitis and am prone to congestion and breakouts and general sensitivity, so not sure if it's this product or another I started using recently. But since this is the one I use in the daytime and I notice the area around the corner of my eyes is getting kind of red and stingy in the daytime after 1 week of use, I'm going to assume that this one is the one causing the irritation.
-Goes on ^thick^ (I spritz my face with rosewater beforehand to help it spread easier) but it does sink in, though still somehow manages to be both dewy and tight feeling :/

I guess it's a decent product for the price point but I'm not overly thrilled with it. Maybe good for some folks, but not for me. Going to stop using it for 2 weeks to see if the irritation is caused by the other product. Will update if necessary.

on 3/10/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Tan, which is (as the name says) a sheer tinted moisturizer with SPF 30. I love Andalou Naturals and so far, the 1000 Roses line is my favorite. I have combination, acne-prone skin and neither this CC moisturizer, foam cleanser, serum, nor the facial oil have broken me out. That is already a big win in my case.

I have medium/olive skin with neutral/warm undertones and find this product to blend in rather easily. Keep in mind it's sheer so it's not a substitute for concealer. (I wasn't expecting this to give heavy coverage.) Though it's rather light, I can feel it throughout the day since it doesn't absorb completely. Also, I'm not quite sure this is as hydrating as they claim. The ingredients look very good but if I don't exfoliate and moisturize routinely, this will emphasize my dry patches. Those are the only cons IME.

On the plus side, I do think it is more mattifying than their Oil Control Beauty Balm (Un-Tinted). I plan to stick to this CC moisturizer since it's light and gives me adequate sun protection. It's also good to know this is designed for sensitive skin types with gentle and beneficial ingredients. I will be repurchasing.

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) and Helianthus Annuus (Sunower) Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oils*, Algae and Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch*, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

Non-GMO verified *Organic Fair Trade