Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30
1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

3.4

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Jojoba and Sunflower Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Pomegranate Oils*, Algae and Melon Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Corn Starch*, White Tea, Rooibos and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*�, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rose Geranium Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

I thought I would love this product because I typically enjoy the scent of roses. The fragrance is the aspect that I enjoy least. It is overpowering and lasts for well over a hour. That said, there are many reasons to love this, if you can get past the fragrance. The texture on application is wonderful. It is light and not greasy, yet still moisturizing.The finish is dewy, not matte as suggested on the packaging. I feel this slight shininess might highlight skin imperfections in an undesirable way. After it sits for awhile on the skin the shine fades a bit which is a relief. The color seems to work for me but slightly on the yellow range. The coverage is not as great as some CC creams, but does allow skin to show through in a natural way. The most wonderful thing about this product is that it is the best feeling facial sunscreen I have yet to find. The next wonderful thing is that it has cleared up some skin eruption problem areas more effectively than anything else I’ve tried. I’m trying to get to wear I am not relying on foundation and I feel this will help me get there.

on 4/23/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For the record, this would have a MUCH better rating if it was marketed as a tinted sunscreen, because the SPF 30 is GREAT. As a foundation or "CC" cream it sucks because the color is not buildable at all. It barely covers my skin, is thick and greasy, triggers oil production, and oxidizes like crazy, skewing an unpleasant orange color.

I would not purchase this again intending to use it as a foundation, but as a tinted sunscreen for face, neck, and hands on days when you need to be outside and want a little something? It will do the trick.

on 2/16/2017 10:42:00 AM

Quite a nice tinted sunscreen. What I like about this product is the high percentage of zinc oxide (20%) which is great sun protection. This cream is quite thick but blends into skin quite nicely. The oils make it quite creamy and easy to blend (plus points for adding in jojoba, rosehip and pomegranate oils). It does have a universal tint and the finish is quite good considering the very high amount of zinc. I layer this over my chemical sunscreens as I do not rely on physical sunscreens alone to provide me with sufficient protection. This is certainly a good high zinc sunscreen to try out for those serious about anti-aging. In fact, it reminds me of the invisible zinc sunscreen but with a tint added. I would but it again and it is certainly good value for money. The scent of roses is quite nice too.

Ingedients: 20% Zinc Oxide, Aloe barbadensis juice, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) and helianthus annuus (sunflower) oils*, sorbitan stearate, glyceryl stearate, phytochelltec (alpine rose, malus domestica, solar vitis) and bioactive 8 berry complex, soothing complex: [hyaluronic acid, magnolia officinalis bark, phoenix dactylifera (date) leaf cell and boswellia serrata (boswellin) extracts], caprylic/capric triglycerides, rosa damascena (rose) distillate*, rosea canina (rosehip) and punica granatum (pomegranate) oils, algae and cucumis melo (melon) extracts, iron oxide, magnesium sulfate, zea mays (corn) starch*, camellia sinensis (white tea), aspalathus linearis (rooibos) and hibiscus rosa-sinensis extracts*†, tocopherol (vitamin E), phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium) oil*, rosa centifolia (rose) oil

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It is the closest thing I can find to the Juice Beauty CC cream, which is my HG, that doesn't break the bank. The lightest shade of this, sheer nude, is too dark on me, and it also oxidizes when used with my powder. In order to use this CC cream, I have to cut it with Andalou Naturals Untinted Beauty balm. That way it's a pretty good approximation of the Juice Beauty CC. That being said, I feel like the Juice Beauty heals my acne scarring and completely eradicated my tendency for cystic acne, and this does not. Using this for about 3 weeks and all of a sudden I have the first cystic acne blemish that I've had since I started using the juice Beauty CC cream in January. I'm going to continue using it for now because it really makes my skin look fresh and dewy and healthy and it saves me a lot of money over the Juice Beauty, but if I get more cystic acne that's going to be a deal-breaker for me. In that case I'll just have to lump it and go back to Juice. I think this is an excellent foundation for anyone not prone to cystic acne who wants a natural product with a natural looking healthy dewy finish, and skin that is slightly darker than mine.

on 9/26/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately this product did not work out for me personally, but kudos to Andalou for its attempt to bring clean, affordable BB/CC creams into the market! I think this is definitely a hit or miss product depending on what one is looking for. I think this is great for those (just like the reviewers below) who:
1. don't need a lot of coverage, just slight evening out
2. want glowy, dewy finish & don't mind slight tackiness left on the skin (which is easily remedied by powder on top)
3. need good physical sun protection with clean ingredients
and I can see why some people love this, while others (like myself) don't as much.

Although I have dry skin, I found the finish of this too shiny and tacky for my taste; I don't like to use powder on my face, so I just leave it as is. Even when I put *only* this without any moisturizer under it, it's oily but not necessarily hydrating. The color is also neutral enough to fit most skin tones, but for my moderately fair skin, it was a smidge too dark---you can see the shade difference between my neck and face in daylight. I will use this up as a facial sunscreen, but I do feel quite disappointed that it did not work for me. But if you have mature, *very* dry skin, love dewy finishes and don't need a lot of coverage, give this a try! You can use code YEW608 to get $10 off your order on iherb.com, which is where I purchased mine from.