Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30
1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

3.7

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Jojoba and Sunflower Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Pomegranate Oils*, Algae and Melon Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Corn Starch*, White Tea, Rooibos and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*�, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rose Geranium Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

on 4/23/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For the record, this would have a MUCH better rating if it was marketed as a tinted sunscreen, because the SPF 30 is GREAT. As a foundation or "CC" cream it sucks because the color is not buildable at all. It barely covers my skin, is thick and greasy, triggers oil production, and oxidizes like crazy, skewing an unpleasant orange color.

I would not purchase this again intending to use it as a foundation, but as a tinted sunscreen for face, neck, and hands on days when you need to be outside and want a little something? It will do the trick.

on 12/29/2016 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is really more of a tinted sunscreen than anything else. It is something I now only ever use to protect my face from the sun, usually when visiting the beach. It offers zero coverage and is a bit oily, I would not recommend it at all to those with oily skin, as it can look quite shiny. I was looking for something quite different to what I got, so I wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/24/2018 10:40:00 AM

I see most people enjoy the fragrance of this product, but I just couldn't handle it. I love the smell of real roses, but this fragrance is just way too over the top! I end up smelling this fragrance on my face all day long and it's not pleasant. I could look past that fact if the product itself was spectacular. It's not. It's oily, little to no coverage and not natural looking. It's a NO for me.

on 2/17/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually like the pump! It's a decent product and my skin liked it but I can only wear it in the winter as it's quite oily. I wear it bare with no moisturiser or powder. Very light coverage which works for me but wouldn't purchase again due to the oil factor and the slight orange tinge.

on 9/2/2017 1:50:00 AM

Great product, but the new packaging - with "airless" pump - is the worst. I have to unscrew the whole top off to bypass the pump in order to get product out, which counteracts the whole purpose of including an airless pump in the design.

Product is THICK; I find it's best to apply with a blender type sponge for sheer coverage.

One of the better mineral based tinted facial sunscreens out there. This was my HG, but the new pump design, and the constant staining of my clothes has me on the hunt for a new sunscreen.

I am a MAC NC20 - 30, and this shade worked well on me. I find it does leave me quite oily after 2-3 hours of wear, so I generally powder after that.

on 3/22/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
-Very light coverage, if that's what you're looking for (I was looking for more medium)
-Nice, if strong, rose fragrance
-Supposedly good ingredients

Cons:
-I have oily skin with a a touch of sebhorreic dermatitis and am prone to congestion and breakouts and general sensitivity, so not sure if it's this product or another I started using recently. But since this is the one I use in the daytime and I notice the area around the corner of my eyes is getting kind of red and stingy in the daytime after 1 week of use, I'm going to assume that this one is the one causing the irritation.
-Goes on ^thick^ (I spritz my face with rosewater beforehand to help it spread easier) but it does sink in, though still somehow manages to be both dewy and tight feeling :/

I guess it's a decent product for the price point but I'm not overly thrilled with it. Maybe good for some folks, but not for me. Going to stop using it for 2 weeks to see if the irritation is caused by the other product. Will update if necessary.

on 7/29/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This unfortunately did not work for my skin... The packaging claims this product is "mattifying," which is completely untrue. It gives a dewy, almost greasy finish, even after it soaks in/dries. My skin is naturally oily, so the only way I can wear this is by layering powder on top of it and blotting all day long. I prefer to use foundation powder with this, rather than translucent, because I need the coverage that this CC cream lacks. By itself, this product is VERY sheer, which is fine. I expected that as the package does say "sheer." It barely evened out a bit of redness, but did absolutely nothing to cover blemishes and hyperpigmentation scars. That all being said, the rose smell is nice and I love that it's all natural and cruelty-free. I feel like I'm using something that's actually good for my skin. Once powdered and set, my skin feels moisturized and smooth and I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all.

Overall, I'll wear this on days that I don't need a ton of coverage or lasting power, but want to just even out skin tone. My biggest complaint is that I was hoping it would live up to it's "mattifying" claim, but it definitely fails in that department. If I had dry skin with less scarring to cover, I would probably love this product!

on 4/24/2016 11:31:00 AM

Tried this product for the first time today and despite saying it is "mattifying" on the box, it most definitely is not. It is fairly greasy and makes my skin shiny and oily-looking. You can actually see the oil separate from the tinted cream when you squeeze the product onto your finger. I am very fair skinned, and this did not make me look orange at all (I bought the nude shade). That is likely because the coverage is so sheer it basically provides no coverage. Anyways, I applied my concealer and setting powder after this and had to apply some powder foundation for more coverage. Then continued with bronzer, blush etc. The finished result looks good actually. The powder fixes the oily problem easily and the powder foundation gave me the coverage I wanted. Moisturized my skin pretty well too, although I applied it over a moisturizer, but I could probably use this in place of that. The product smells strongly of roses, which doesn't bother me, I just hope it doesn't irritate my skin despite this being supposedly good for sensitive skin. For the price, it is a bit high for something that is supposed to be a CC cream that really doesn't do anything at all, but the ingredients are pretty healthy plus the SPF is in it so I guess it may fair in that sense. I am really really hoping it does not break out my acne-prone skin. It contains jojoba oil and some other ingredients that aren't usually good for those who have acne, so I am hoping this won't be a problem as I'm going on vacation in a few days and had to pick up a facial sunscreen. If it causes me to break out I won't continue to use it nor will I repurchase.

on 9/26/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately this product did not work out for me personally, but kudos to Andalou for its attempt to bring clean, affordable BB/CC creams into the market! I think this is definitely a hit or miss product depending on what one is looking for. I think this is great for those (just like the reviewers below) who:
1. don't need a lot of coverage, just slight evening out
2. want glowy, dewy finish & don't mind slight tackiness left on the skin (which is easily remedied by powder on top)
3. need good physical sun protection with clean ingredients
and I can see why some people love this, while others (like myself) don't as much.

Although I have dry skin, I found the finish of this too shiny and tacky for my taste; I don't like to use powder on my face, so I just leave it as is. Even when I put *only* this without any moisturizer under it, it's oily but not necessarily hydrating. The color is also neutral enough to fit most skin tones, but for my moderately fair skin, it was a smidge too dark---you can see the shade difference between my neck and face in daylight. I will use this up as a facial sunscreen, but I do feel quite disappointed that it did not work for me. But if you have mature, *very* dry skin, love dewy finishes and don't need a lot of coverage, give this a try! You can use code YEW608 to get $10 off your order on iherb.com, which is where I purchased mine from.

I thought I would love this product because I typically enjoy the scent of roses. The fragrance is the aspect that I enjoy least. It is overpowering and lasts for well over a hour. That said, there are many reasons to love this, if you can get past the fragrance. The texture on application is wonderful. It is light and not greasy, yet still moisturizing.The finish is dewy, not matte as suggested on the packaging. I feel this slight shininess might highlight skin imperfections in an undesirable way. After it sits for awhile on the skin the shine fades a bit which is a relief. The color seems to work for me but slightly on the yellow range. The coverage is not as great as some CC creams, but does allow skin to show through in a natural way. The most wonderful thing about this product is that it is the best feeling facial sunscreen I have yet to find. The next wonderful thing is that it has cleared up some skin eruption problem areas more effectively than anything else I’ve tried. I’m trying to get to wear I am not relying on foundation and I feel this will help me get there.