Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30
1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

3.7

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Jojoba and Sunflower Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Pomegranate Oils*, Algae and Melon Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Corn Starch*, White Tea, Rooibos and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*�, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rose Geranium Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

on 3/10/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Tan, which is (as the name says) a sheer tinted moisturizer with SPF 30. I love Andalou Naturals and so far, the 1000 Roses line is my favorite. I have combination, acne-prone skin and neither this CC moisturizer, foam cleanser, serum, nor the facial oil have broken me out. That is already a big win in my case.

I have medium/olive skin with neutral/warm undertones and find this product to blend in rather easily. Keep in mind it's sheer so it's not a substitute for concealer. (I wasn't expecting this to give heavy coverage.) Though it's rather light, I can feel it throughout the day since it doesn't absorb completely. Also, I'm not quite sure this is as hydrating as they claim. The ingredients look very good but if I don't exfoliate and moisturize routinely, this will emphasize my dry patches. Those are the only cons IME.

On the plus side, I do think it is more mattifying than their Oil Control Beauty Balm (Un-Tinted). I plan to stick to this CC moisturizer since it's light and gives me adequate sun protection. It's also good to know this is designed for sensitive skin types with gentle and beneficial ingredients. I will be repurchasing.

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) and Helianthus Annuus (Sunower) Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oils*, Algae and Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch*, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

Non-GMO verified *Organic Fair Trade

on 2/16/2017 10:42:00 AM

Quite a nice tinted sunscreen. What I like about this product is the high percentage of zinc oxide (20%) which is great sun protection. This cream is quite thick but blends into skin quite nicely. The oils make it quite creamy and easy to blend (plus points for adding in jojoba, rosehip and pomegranate oils). It does have a universal tint and the finish is quite good considering the very high amount of zinc. I layer this over my chemical sunscreens as I do not rely on physical sunscreens alone to provide me with sufficient protection. This is certainly a good high zinc sunscreen to try out for those serious about anti-aging. In fact, it reminds me of the invisible zinc sunscreen but with a tint added. I would but it again and it is certainly good value for money. The scent of roses is quite nice too.

Ingedients: 20% Zinc Oxide, Aloe barbadensis juice, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) and helianthus annuus (sunflower) oils*, sorbitan stearate, glyceryl stearate, phytochelltec (alpine rose, malus domestica, solar vitis) and bioactive 8 berry complex, soothing complex: [hyaluronic acid, magnolia officinalis bark, phoenix dactylifera (date) leaf cell and boswellia serrata (boswellin) extracts], caprylic/capric triglycerides, rosa damascena (rose) distillate*, rosea canina (rosehip) and punica granatum (pomegranate) oils, algae and cucumis melo (melon) extracts, iron oxide, magnesium sulfate, zea mays (corn) starch*, camellia sinensis (white tea), aspalathus linearis (rooibos) and hibiscus rosa-sinensis extracts*†, tocopherol (vitamin E), phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium) oil*, rosa centifolia (rose) oil

on 6/28/2016 5:31:00 PM

Ok, Ive got aging skin, and this works so very well for me. Third summer in which I use it for foundation, with no other products required. Cheaper than it cosmetics, smells delicious, glowy, lasts on the skin, and I love it. Med coverage, but you could add a powder over it, like PF talc free, and it is freaking flawless, budgeproof, sun proof, and goof proof.

I still mourn Becca LSC, but this is an excellent consolation.

on 4/23/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For the record, this would have a MUCH better rating if it was marketed as a tinted sunscreen, because the SPF 30 is GREAT. As a foundation or "CC" cream it sucks because the color is not buildable at all. It barely covers my skin, is thick and greasy, triggers oil production, and oxidizes like crazy, skewing an unpleasant orange color.

I would not purchase this again intending to use it as a foundation, but as a tinted sunscreen for face, neck, and hands on days when you need to be outside and want a little something? It will do the trick.

on 9/26/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately this product did not work out for me personally, but kudos to Andalou for its attempt to bring clean, affordable BB/CC creams into the market! I think this is definitely a hit or miss product depending on what one is looking for. I think this is great for those (just like the reviewers below) who:
1. don't need a lot of coverage, just slight evening out
2. want glowy, dewy finish & don't mind slight tackiness left on the skin (which is easily remedied by powder on top)
3. need good physical sun protection with clean ingredients
and I can see why some people love this, while others (like myself) don't as much.

Although I have dry skin, I found the finish of this too shiny and tacky for my taste; I don't like to use powder on my face, so I just leave it as is. Even when I put *only* this without any moisturizer under it, it's oily but not necessarily hydrating. The color is also neutral enough to fit most skin tones, but for my moderately fair skin, it was a smidge too dark---you can see the shade difference between my neck and face in daylight. I will use this up as a facial sunscreen, but I do feel quite disappointed that it did not work for me. But if you have mature, *very* dry skin, love dewy finishes and don't need a lot of coverage, give this a try! You can use code YEW608 to get $10 off your order on iherb.com, which is where I purchased mine from.

on 5/3/2015 7:23:00 AM

I have never used a CC cream before so I don't know how this compares to other CC products, but this is an amazing find for me. I'm 39 and was looking for a sheer, dewy effect from my makeup - I bought the last one of these on sale at WF thinking it might do the trick, and oh my God! It's is *super* thick going on, but the heaviness doesn't last, and it just feels like this rich, moisturizing treatment, but with the added benefits of a bit of coverage and the SPF. I still use a 110 SPF first no matter what because I am paranoid about the sun, but let that sink in for a few minutes before applying this. The first time I used it I kept checking myself out in any nearby reflective surface because I couldn't believe how healthy and glowy my skin looked. And it lasted all day - no sliding around or dissipating. This, some concealor, and a little cream blush = perfect look! I really like the fragrance, but can understand how it might be off-putting or irritating for some people. So far I've used the Andalou lavender and biotin shampoo/conditioner, and one of the facial toners, and really like them all. Great product line!

I thought I would love this product because I typically enjoy the scent of roses. The fragrance is the aspect that I enjoy least. It is overpowering and lasts for well over a hour. That said, there are many reasons to love this, if you can get past the fragrance. The texture on application is wonderful. It is light and not greasy, yet still moisturizing.The finish is dewy, not matte as suggested on the packaging. I feel this slight shininess might highlight skin imperfections in an undesirable way. After it sits for awhile on the skin the shine fades a bit which is a relief. The color seems to work for me but slightly on the yellow range. The coverage is not as great as some CC creams, but does allow skin to show through in a natural way. The most wonderful thing about this product is that it is the best feeling facial sunscreen I have yet to find. The next wonderful thing is that it has cleared up some skin eruption problem areas more effectively than anything else I’ve tried. I’m trying to get to wear I am not relying on foundation and I feel this will help me get there.

on 2/25/2018 3:50:00 PM

I am shocked beyond all belief that this product worked for me. I am usually afraid of anything containing fragrances and oils, but this cc cream is amazing, and I think it's actually helped clear up my skin. To be clear, I use this as a tinted sunscreen, because this offers little to no coverage, BUT, I have found it a holy grail item to mix with my foundations that I felt were too matte in the past. I use three pumps of the cc cream, then add a pump of foundation to the mix. The result is gorgeous,dewy and lasts all day. I find the texture to be so much better than any of the other mineral sunscreens I have tried in the past, so I am a happy camper. The pump did try to crap out on me, but I simply took the top off , squeezed the tube to get the air out, and reassembled. It's been fine ever since. I highly recommend this as a painless way to get your daily dose of sunscreen, as well as a mixer.

on 9/2/2017 1:50:00 AM

Great product, but the new packaging - with "airless" pump - is the worst. I have to unscrew the whole top off to bypass the pump in order to get product out, which counteracts the whole purpose of including an airless pump in the design.

Product is THICK; I find it's best to apply with a blender type sponge for sheer coverage.

One of the better mineral based tinted facial sunscreens out there. This was my HG, but the new pump design, and the constant staining of my clothes has me on the hunt for a new sunscreen.

I am a MAC NC20 - 30, and this shade worked well on me. I find it does leave me quite oily after 2-3 hours of wear, so I generally powder after that.

on 12/29/2016 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is really more of a tinted sunscreen than anything else. It is something I now only ever use to protect my face from the sun, usually when visiting the beach. It offers zero coverage and is a bit oily, I would not recommend it at all to those with oily skin, as it can look quite shiny. I was looking for something quite different to what I got, so I wouldn't repurchase.