1.5

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

As others have noted, the white cast makes this practically unwearable. I wore it all the same during a sunny day at sea, and while I didn’t burn (and my melasma didn’t worsen - that’s something) it made my face break out all over. This has never happened to me before, and I am frankly quite surprised that a product could cause such a reaction from just using it once. I had tiny whiteheads and red blotches literally everywhere at the end of the day. Obviously will never use it again.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

a year ago

Hate it. So expensive. White cast, doesn't mix well with my makeup, I became oily mess.

SkinNormal, Olive

EyesBlack

a year ago

Made a profile just to rate this! I can't believe I put in so much research to this and still ended up buying the product. I have the sunscreen in white tube and I must say it does NOT break me out. Which is huge for my acne-prone skin! It however, is extremely flaky on application even in areas where the skin isn't dry. It just flakes when you rub it onto your face. And the white cast- OMG- the number of people that have asked me why I've painted my face- and this inspite of being quite fair!! Doesn't even help if I blend my foundation with the product- I still look like casper's human sister lol. Wouldn't be repurchasing.

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

2 years ago

I regretted my purchase tbh. My skin tone is ivory beige Issues 1) White cast: I wear hijab daily so I am okay with my facial skin tone lighter than the neck. But I guess people would believe if I say I use BB cream, because my face looks greyish a bit haha! And NOPE, the grey cast won't go away for the rest of the day (meaning it won't blend into the skin). 2) Texture: Super thick that I have to spend more time on applying it. 3) Smell: It smells super horrible. I just can't..... I can go with white cast and thick texture but the smell just turned me off! I think I'm gonna sell it or something.. Seriously.. 4) Price: Not worth the product.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

I bought the white tube for intolerant skin - very high protection mineral cream 50+ SPF. After applying it, the cream is so difficult to apply n spread. It’s so white and thick on face. I managed to spread it and wait a while to apply my B.B. cream. The whole day my face feels a bit tight. When I removed my make up in the evening, my face was red, patchy and itchy! It’s like I have acid burn on my face! I thought this is for intolerant skin? I thought mineral sunscreen is good, but it’s not true. I have used Annessa sunscreen before and it doesn’t make my skin breakout but it’s a bit dry. So I thought I should look for a pure physical sunscreen. I think it’s highly possible that I reacted badly to titanium dioxide! I researched on the allergies for titanium dioxide and it’s fits my description of what happened to my face. The previous types of sunblock that I have used from Japan, doesn’t make my skin breakout but it’s a bit dry. I checked their ingredients and they all contain zinc oxide. I Guess I have never used any sunscreen with titanium dioxide before thus this bad reaction. So people with sensitive skin beware! The white thick texture is a terrible experience too! I don’t dare to use any sunscreen from avene as it’s not really suitable for sensitive skin. Wasted my money as I used it once only.

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

This is not a broad spectrum sunscreen! It only has titanium dioxide, which doesn't provide full UVA protection. So, if you've been using it and wondered why you could still see bumps or other sun related issues, then the lack of proper UVA protection is the cause. And, on top of that, it leaves a horrible white cast (which looks bad even on my very fair skin) and it has a very unpleasant texture (very shiny and tacky). Two thumbs down from me.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

DO NOT BUY THIS I have registered specifically to write this. I have Very High Protection Mineral Lotion SPF 50, 100 ml It's not only white and opaque (which makes it unwearable even on your arms), it doesn't work! I used it on my arms and hands to prevent these little red bumps I get when I am in the sun (sun allergy) and it didn't work! I had none of the bumps with a cheap supermarket Nivea sunscreen. Stains everything (your bag, your clothes, everything you touch), very messy. And quite expensive! One positive (which is outweighed by the negatives) is that it's not as drying as the other mineral sunscreens.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Pros: It is not a chemical sunscreen. I doesnt irritate sensitive skin. I doesnt break me out I moisturized very very nice. Thick cream and effective sun protection. It is very nice for dry/very dry skin. Cons: Too much white for every day use. It creates a casper awkward look. It can be horrible for oily skin. I recommend this product for the people which has very very white, pale, dry/very dry and sensitive skin. If you have a Mediterranean skin color and oily skin type, dont recommend for daily use just because of color.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

2.0

2 years ago

I wanted to make sure I was reviewing the right product as there is no picture at the moment. This is the orange packaging with the pump and is face only. There is an almost identical looking product that is for both face and body. Anyway, I do like the pump applicator and the packaging, but that is about as good as it gets for me. I tried this two ways. First I used it with Clinique BIY drops to make a tinted sunscreen/foundation. I dislike layers of product on my skin, so I like to mix foundation drops into different sunscreens or moisturisers. This applied shiny and stayed that way. Not a good type of shiny, but a really greasy looking one. So I then decided to try it under powder foundation and got nearly the same effect. Now I am 52 with good skin, so I am at an age where products usually sink in a bit. This would be terrible for oily skin. If you want this product to go under makeup or mixed with makeup, I would advise against it. As a pure sunscreen, I still think it's too greasy and unflattering. It does leave a white cast and although reasonably thin in consistency, it is not thin enough for my liking. Neutrogena makes a much better facial sunscreen.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0
from

3 years ago

When I put this on my skin this morning I was pretty shocked at how white it was and it didn't really blend into my skin that well. Luckily, I'm quite pale anyway so after a bit of patience and the application of my foundation, it wasn't that bad. If someone had darker skin than me, I just don't understand how it would work. I'll continue to use this as it actually sat quite nice under my make up and I felt safe in the sun with such a high level of physical SPF. I won't buy it again because I'd like to shop around for something less white but i'll use it until it runs out because I'm not throwing £13.50 down the drain!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair