Maybelline New York Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color - Touch Of Spice

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color - Touch Of Spice

4.4

on 2/14/2019 11:33:00 AM

I’ve been ogling this shade for months and finally bought one today. It’s so hard to find YLBB lipstick that aren’t too pale or beige. Touch of Spice is so lovely and instantly flattering! It’s a deep neutral (not cool or warm) rose that amps up my natural lip blush and looks great without any other makeup on. The formula is matte but lightweight and not too dry, and it stays where you put it without feathering or bleeding. Lasts 3-4 hours without a touch up and has a light vanilla scent. New HG!!!

For reference; I have dark auburn hair, brown eyes, light to medium yellow-toned skin, and I’m in my late 40s.

on 4/19/2017 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Tried my sister's and instantly fell inlove with it. Got this on sale it looks dark on tube but once applied on my lips its the perfect MLBB. One swipe is enough to provide a decent pay off but i am not satisfied with just one swipe lol! The color is pretty much close to my mac soar lip liner. Its always best to prep your lips (exfoliate then moisturize you can even add a primer if u like) before you apply this to have a smooth application and perfect finish. Minimal fading if you eat and drink but who cares! Retouching has never been an issue for me lol. My only issue is the cap i find it hard to remove and even afraid to twist coz i might break it. Overall love it will definitely repurchase

on 1/7/2017 8:36:00 PM

Youtube made me buy it. This would look lovely on someone darker than my NC25 skin tone. The shade is too dark for a MLBB look, and I feel would make anyone my shade or lighter look old/ vampy. Almost the same shade but just a tad brighter is the Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Sassy Mauve. This is the first Super Lustrous lipstick that I love.

Sorry to everyone who loves this.

See my notepad for $10 off for new customers at Paula's Choice, and $10/ 20% at a few clothing retailers like Thredup and Woolovers.

on 12/28/2016 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love love this. Its so hard to find the perfect nude lipstick for my medium skin tone and bought MAC brave and it doesn't suit me well. Touch of spice is the nude lipstick that really gratify my skin tone and looked like my lips but better. I love it because its so hydrating but it comes off quickly after you eat or drink.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Touch of Spice is a medium-toned reddish brown that has a slight mauve colouring to it as well. My lips are quite dark, so it is fairly close to a nude for me; albeit just a little more purple-brownish. It looks very sophisticated and office-appropriate when worn with a little mascara, so it definitely scores well on everyday wearability. It's comfortable, wears well, and is cheap - really, there's nothing to complain about. Do I recommend? Yes! Will I repurchase? Definitely. I actually already have a backup - you know, just in case.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My skintone is NC30-NC35. This colour looks like a deep pinkish plum on me. Very obviously cool toned and therefore dramatic, but surprisingly flattering. The formula is very smooth and comfortable and feels light on the lips and lasts a long time

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Even if I didn't love this color (which I do), or the price was high (which it isn't), I would still be giving this five lippies just for the formula alone. Honestly, these are probably the best lipsticks at the drugstore and outperform some Sephora brands as well.
For starters, this is very pigmented, smooth in application and doesn't look patchy. It is velvety smooth. I know that is an overused cliche phrase but in this case, so fitting. There's no odor either.
The color is gorgeous, hitting somewhere between a rosy nude and deep brown, making it a stand out color that isn't too dark (very daytime/work appropriate). Touch of Spice isn't a great name for this, as for me it conjures up a rather pale shade; it is more of a rosy chestnut hue and adds more than a touch of color to my face as I'm rather light-skinned.
This is indeed very matte, lasted FOREVER (I've worn several liquid lipsticks that didn't last half as long as this did and were supposed to be "all day wear"), and did not dry out my lips. I was able to touch it up after eating, easily without it looking patchy.
I will definitely be wearing this through the Fall and investigating other colors in this line! A+ job Maybelline.

on 6/12/2016 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

660 touch of spice is a medium red brown (more brown than red). Very creamy, pigmented, matte and longlasting and has a nice vanilla-ish fragrance. I love it.

I absolutely love this!! It smells like cake batter hahaha. This has amazing staying power and it doesn't flake off your lips like liquid lipsticks.... but it comes off very naturally. This is one of my GO-TO lipsticks and it's from the drugstore so the pricing is great!! I also love the color because it's like an MLBB lipstick. It's the perfect rosey mauve. I'm not usually a huge fan of Maybelline products but this one is definitely a hit!! The packaging is also very convenient because the cap doesn't loosen up easily, so it won't fall apart if you throw it in your purse.

on 5/16/2016 10:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this product! It looks really good on me! A lot of people asked me what lipstick I was wearing and I say oh it's a maybelline lipstick. I thought they would stop asking after I said the brand but they even asked for the shade because they said that it was lovely. The only downside of it is that for some other skin tones it looks like a "My-Lips-But-Better" shade. Well it depends on the person if they want it like that. It looks slightly pinkish brown on me and when my bestfriend tried it because she loved the pinkish brown shade but it only looked brown on her. As I said I while ago, the shade will look different on every skin tone. Everyone is unique so it will be different. What I don't like about it is that it has some fine lines after you put it on but the lines are not that worst compared to the Ravishing Rose shade where the product is settling on the center of my lips. The Ravishing Rose is crumbling on the center of my lips and it's ugly! I don't have flaky lips because I keep them scrubbed and moisturized. The scent is very strong on this one! Like really really strong! It is my first time to have a lipstick that has a very strong scent. When I opened the tube and when I am applying it I can definitely smell it. The scent is like vanilla to me. Some people might hate it but it's fine with me. It is very pigmented. It is also bleeding! I hate when it bleeds! It looks awful! It also transfers when I eat! In my spoon, straws, cups, everywhere! I hate it when my lipstick transfer because it means that it is not long lasting and it looks dirty for me. It is very creamy and it doesn't dry my lips. Despite the things that I hate about it I will definitely repurchase every time I run out. In fact I bought 2 of this the first time I bought it because a lot of people said that it was amazing and I love it! I definitely recommend this!