Dove Dry Spray, Nourished Beauty

Dove Dry Spray, Nourished Beauty

3.5

on 7/24/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this so much it smells so good!! I can even smell it through my clothes through the day so I know that I still smell fresh. This is the second time I've bought it and I will continue to do so!

on 5/24/2017 10:30:00 PM

This is the only deodorant I'll use! I hate stuck deodorants and the residue they leave. No residue with this stuff! No odor either. Love it!

on 7/6/2016 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I never use this alone as a deodorant. I use this to "freshen" up. It is great for a light touch up to help keep things fresh. Or when i just waxed my underarms and don't want to roll on deodorant yet. I use the cool scent (the one with a cucumber on it and a green lid).

I wanted to be impressed but within an hour I was sweating again. I'll stick to the dry Dove deodorant which I love.

on 9/22/2015 1:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I wrote some good reviews of other Dove stick deodorants in the past, and while I did love them, I've had to come to terms with the fact that i just cannot use commercial stick deodorants. No matter what brand, no matter what they promise, they make my pits itch like CRAZY and I get bumps in my underarms that will not go away until I quit using the deodorant. "What the heck do you use, then?" you may be wondering. Well, honestly, i really only use deodorant in the hotter summer months because in general, I don't sweat a whole lot, and when I do, it's not super foul. Maybe my body's just regulated itself out or something, who knows. Letting them armpit pores breathe, woohoo. ANYWAY.

Was super excited about this stuff, because I thought hey, maybe this won't make me itchy on the days I have to use deo. And it doesn't! Awesome. Buuuut it also doesn't control wetness that well, either. Summer is coming to an end here, and I used this the whole season. I definitely had some wet underarms. But I guess on the plus side, even though I was moist as hell, there was no smell.

My friend also used this with the same results - smells good, but when you sweat, you're gonna be sweaty.

Another con to mention: HOLD YOUR BREATH, FOLKS. You spray this on your armpits and there's gonna be a cloud wafting around you for a few seconds.

I didn't notice any white marks on my clothing when using this, though, which is a plus.

I think I'm ditching the commercial deodorants for good, and will be looking for some natural ones to try out. This wasn't a *terrible* product for my last deo hoorah, though, if you don't mind being a little damp. I did try the Degree spray one for a bit, and found that one to have a little better wetness control, but with a much stronger smell.

on 8/26/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Saw the advertisement on this product so was excited to try as I am an excessive sweater, the smell is a little over powering and I bought the original scent thinking that was a safe bet, it does go on dry but within an hour I was sweating, gave it another try but same thing so will not be recommending or repurchasing this product. The solid seems to work better but I will be trying the perspirex on good recommendations and let you know the outcome~

My sister cast this off to me. When I asked what she didn't like about it, she laughed and said, "You'll see!" And I did...
Smells great, though it makes a big cloud of overspray, and went on dry at first. But I had some wet pits for the rest of the day. I don't know if I'm a heavy sweater or what, but this did not cut it! Maybe it would work as a foot spray?

I really like this product. I have really sensitive skin under my arms that is easily irritated by shaving and/or applying deodorant. I guess because there's no rubbing (and therefore, no friction) I have not had any issues since I started using this! The smell is great - I love the classic Dove scent, but I guess if you are sensitive to or don't like scented products, this may be overwhelming to you. Also, considering that I used the "clinical strength" level deodorants for the past several years, I was a little worried about the level of effectiveness, but I haven't noticed any difference at all. Overall, I am very pleased with this.
***UPDATE*** I went to repurchase this product and all they had was the "Beauty Finish" kind I think - with the light reddish top - and something in that one really bothers my throat. I had to literally hold my breath when I sprayed it and then step out of the bathroom to breathe again. It just like got stuck in my throat for some reason and dried it out. The scent itself wasn't bad and it never bothered me throughout the day but spraying it was awful. I will stick to the original scent for sure.

I really like this stuff. I started using it because I can't stand white residue on my dark clothing. This solves that. Goes on cool and feels wet, but when you touch it, it's dry. I think it's pricey for the number of applications you get. I'll bet I go through 4 cans of this in the time I'd finish a stick deodorant.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff! People here seem to really dislike this product and at first i did not. I just sprayed it onto my body and it didn't work at all. It wore off after a couple of hours and it intensified my body odour. Then i re-read the instructions and it mentioned to shake the product really well. I did just that. When you shake the can, it actually starts to feel very cold and once you feel this change in temperature it means it's good for use.

THEN i feel in love with this product. Keeps me so dry, smells great and it doesn't feel like I have anything on my armpits.

Just remember to shake the can REALLY WELL!