Olaplex step 3 (Home treatment)

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Whoa! If you color your hair AT ALL!!!!! you NEED OLAPLEX!!! I’m now at an age (50) where I only use professionals who are GOOD WITH COLOR!!! They can have the best color in the world, but can’t apply it correctly. Yes. I am chossey. And I don’t want the brittle hair that coloring brings. So I insist on my colorist using Olaplex. It leaves my hair soft and shinny! I buy a small bottle for home and do weekly treatments. This stuff is a miracle. It is very expensive, and you’ll see why after one use. Your hair is worth it, trust me!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just bought the No.3 treatment from Sephora.
Little background. Been straightening/curling my hair every other day for the last 10 years, now recently every three days. I also get highlights maybe twice every year, for the last 5 years or so. My hair is fairly dry, however I am able to maintain so-so looking hair with products and masques. But I want that silky pantene commercial like hair!
So heres what I did: I rinsed my hair and then used this treatment, let it sit for 2 hours and shampooed and conditioned as normal. Immediately after washing this out my hair felt silky smooth in the shower and I was excited to actually see the difference. Normally after washing my hair no matter how much conditioner or leave ins I use I ALWAYS have lots of tangles and have to spend a good few minutes brushing them out; resulting in tons of hair lost in my brush :(
With this, ZERO tangles Im so happy!! After blowdrying, my hair felt soft and smooth. I was surprised however to see that my hair was frizzy and looked kind of dry? I was not expecting that hence the 3 stars. But because this is my first round I will update and change my rating if anything changes.

this product gives my hair life
it did awesome job for my highlighted hair, it repairs my dry and damaged hair and make it stronger and softer than before.
i have a long- thick hair, highlighted since a year ago, oily at the scalp area, and dry hair
i have tried hello hair, oribe, drugstore products (like aussie, pantene, etc) and they did nothing on me.
this stuff really works, i will recommend to everyone who has damaged and dry hair
i’m obsessed with this product and will definitely repurchase
the only cons is it’s quite pricey, but it’s still reasonable because i never found any better hair product than this

I finally gave in and purchased this product. I have super thick hair, but it is also very fine, and being a blonde and getting highlights often has left me with several broken pieces around my face and damaged ends. I left this in my hair for about 20 minutes, washed it out, followed by my Moroccan oil mask, then went to bed. The next morning, I was absolutely shocked. After just one use, my hair seriously looked brighter and shinier, and was so much easier to comb through. It feels stronger and I even got compliments on it. I will definitely be repurchasing and making this product part of my hair routine.

I paid a little over $30 with tax at Sephora for a small bottle of this that might give me 3-4 uses at most. I dampened my hair and shampooed, rinsed, saturated it with Olaplex No 3, combed it through, and put it up in a plastic cap for about 7 hours. I rinsed, conditioned, sprayed in my leave in conditioner/blow out spray/heat protectant, blow dried, and flat ironed. My hair looked nice, it felt softer, and I was happy. But I was not happy with that price tag for a tiny amount of product, and I didn’t see lasting results with this. If you can get your hands on No 2, which isn’t hard to do, I recommend that one instead. It works better than No 3, the results lasted longer for me, and even though it was expensive (I waited til it was on sale on Overstock and paid $69 for 2 liters), you get a TON more product and a better product, at that.

Where have this been all my life when I’ve been frying, frizzling, scorching my hair? This tiny bottle saved my hair from going all the way to a pixie cut. After getting balayage and enjoying the colour, I decided that I could play hairdresser and do my own balayage. Well, why not, we have YouTube, don’t we? I learned it’s not a good idea.

Anyway, I started using Olaplex no. 3 on my super damaged hair and the change is phenomenal. I initially used it twice a week. After the first month, I use it once a week, after one shampoo to wash off the products, on damp hair and wrap it with cling film. I keep it overnight or as long as I can. Then I rinse it off and do one more shampoo. I have chin length hair and I’m still on the same bottle I started with.

It’s not a moisture or protein mask, it’s a bond repair treatment, so you will need to use a separate mask for moisture and protein. For that, I use Davines NouNou shampoo and hair mask. My curls are coming back and my hair feels like hair again.

As just adding this into your daily routine a few days a week the Olaplex Hair Perfector Treatment Number 3 will add a little moisture back into hair. This is chock full of good vitamins and minerals. Hair is dead so the real only alive part you are treating is the roots and scalp. Most of the good stuff gets rinsed from hair before it has much of a change to absorb. The first time I used this I noticed my hair was a little extra bouncy but nothing else after subsequent uses. Tiny Bottle, Definite No to repurchase this. My review video can be seen here:

So I finally bit the bullet and had decades of box black dye, and some henndigo towards the ends, stripped at a salon. Out of my naturally nearly black hair, that is generally 2C/3A curly and was nearly waist length.

So yeah, it was damaging. Not horrifically since my stylist was careful, and my hair takes to bleach well. But it definitely wasn’t in fabulous condition afterwards even with an aggressive trim. (The ultimate goal was a dark fantasy purple, which I’ve gotten close to after 2 months!)

So. Yes. Damaged hair. Curls cranked up to 11. Or 3B basically. From large floppy silky ringlets to tight, small, size-of-a-sharpie uber large, big hair, massively different texture small curls. Still shiny and not a whole lot more frizzy but such a giant difference in texture, is a monster pain. My usual routine of scrunching some Argan oil in my damp hair and air drying it was... well, just NO.

Then I got some Olaplex 3 from the Olaplex website. Two treatments made my hair a lot more like it had been prior to the 7 hours of bleaching! Definitely shinier. Less gummy feeling. More normal. It still isn’t like... pre-giant-bleach-offensive texture but it’s not a magic wand. But it’s the best thing I’ve tried for sure!

Four or so hours wrapped in plastic, applied over damp hair, washed out and then conditioned after, every week. And my hair was about 60% back to normal. Better than I expected!

This product did not help my hair at all. I fallowed directions. Tried it for three months. I now use schwarzkopf mask for very damaged hair works amazing for a fraction of the price.

My hair is as virgin as a hair can be. It has never been bleached or dyed. I never style it with heat. I try to be as gentle as possible when I wash it and comb it and I always wear it in a braid, but all hair gets damaged some. What made me feel that I needed something more than just oiling and a regular conditioner (a very good conditioner, but still) was this years' winter - it's been an absolute nightmare. My hair has felt so, so brittle and the oiling and the good conditioner I use did nothing to help with that brittleness. So, I decided to try Olaplex and oh boy - I am so glad I did! It's a GAME CHANGER, people ! My hair has never felt or looked this healthy and good. It looks thicker and shinier and feels stronger and smoother than ever. I am hoping that it will prevent breakage (it seems to mend my hair breakage) and that I won't need to get my ends trimmed as often as I usually do. Could it do more? Of course it could. For the price it _should_ do more. That's the only thing that bums me about Olaplex. It's great, but for the price it should be even better. But I will repurchase. Hopefully the use of it will save me the cost of frequent hair trims, and then I will feel a lot better about buying this product.