Olaplex step 3 (Home treatment)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I could see a difference from the first use of ths poduct. The hair is a lot less tangled, smoother and some of the damage is gone. The only downside is that you don't get much product for the price you pay.The packaging could be better as well. It's quite hard to get out the desired amount of product. A pump would have been useful.

I am three quarters done with a bottle and on the fence on how well this works for my hair. Perhaps I expected too much?
My hair is colour processed, bayalage and undergoes daily wash and blow dry (I know, I know). Saw the rave reviews on a few sites about how this product saved people's hair and when I found it at a salon, the girl at the counter raved about it's superhero qualities so I was seduced to spend $32 CAD for 100ml, first time I tried it, I left it overnight on damp washed hair. Washed next morning, and conditioned. My hair felt nicer. Not fantastic, but better. That lasted until the second wash, when my frizziness came back. I spaced out the treatments 5 days, as recommended, and there was little improvement on the frizziness. I tried it on unwashed damp hair, per instructions, and left it on for half hour (instructions recommend 10 minutes at least). There was little difference. Tried it again for 10 minutes. Little difference.

I think for the price and time spent, there has to be a better product out there. This is not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is kind of a godsend for my hair and I wish I knew about it sooner when I overhighlighted my hair and it became a broken damaged frizzy mess over the past two years. So I went and got it lowlighted a few days ago with some pops of blonde. I used this treatment for 2 hours and washed with my normal shampoo and mask and wow my hair feels like normal hair again! It's shinier, smoother, softer and less frizzy. I will continue to use this!

Bought Olaplex 3 to try to restore my overprocessed hair. Used it, and my hair was "slick, " (probably smooth!) Had my hair colored and the colorist said to only use this once a month...Am wondering why, should it be so good to "restructure" and be undamaging...Any ideas? If it is "good" for your hair, then why only once a month? IMHO, had I known about this and the possible results on my breaking off/over processed hair before I had it all cut off...Well, I would not have cut it off, and would not be doing a LONG LONG grief process of growing it out...

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Thus far, I have only used this product once, but holy cursewords, Batman, this stuff is amazing. I have a lot of hair, but it is fine, so bleach does a number on it. My ends are constantly dry, even with deep conditioning, leave in treatments, and so on. I have heard raves about Olaplex for repairing the damage done by bleach for some time, and while I was skeptical, I still wanted to give it a go to see what the hype was all about. I do all of my bleaching and coloring at home, and I am pretty good at it, but given my hair texture, no matter how much I baby it the bleach still does some slight damage. When I got the Olaplex #3, I dampened my hair, towel dried it a little bit, combed it, and then applied the product. I was a little taken aback by how small the bottle is, but since my hair is only shoulder length I figured it was still reasonable for the price. To do my whole head I used about the equivalent of two to three tablespoons, so it seems like the bottle will still last for several treatments since it is still about 5/6 of the way full. The Olaplex consumer website says that you can leave this on for anywhere from 10 minutes to 90 minutes, but I opted to go for 20 since it was my first time using it. I followed the instructions carefully, combed the product through my hair, and once time was up, I shampooed and conditioned as normal. My hair was left silky, shiny, smooth, and the dryness at the end seems to be all but gone. I don't expect the results to last through many washings, but I am still very satisfied with what this product has done for my hair. The real test will come in a couple of weeks when I bleach again, and I will update my review, but for now I am sold on this treatment and I think it is well worth the price tag. UPDATE: I have since done a couple more treatments with this product, and while the results for subsequent uses weren't nearly as dramatic as the initial treatment, I still think it is a great product for processed hair and well worth the money. I use chemical dyes or bleach about once every two months then maintain my color (bright red) in between with vegetable dyes to mitigate as much damage as I can, and now I use the No 3 Olaplex between the veg dye touchups. Both the vegetable dye and the chemical dye that I have used since then still perform exactly the same on my hair, but I noticed that after the chemical dye job recently that my hair didn't feel nearly as .... weird as it usually does. Not overly dry, but just that kind of almost dried out feeling that it gets after you use a chemical dye. I think that the first time you use it you'll feel like a freshly brushed show pony like I did, but doing the subsequent treatments are more like upkeep of the initial results than a more dramatic transformation. I am sure I will keep using this long term, and it seems like the smallish bottle will last me at least 6-7 more treatments (maybe 10 total) on my roughly shoulder length hair.

This is perfect for restore your hair, especially when kinda of brittle and very very dry. Besides, it smells delicious and it's super easy to use. Adds volume, strength, softness and shine. I have shoulder length hair and one bottle lasts for 5 applications, more or less. Anyway I think it's better to wash it out after 3 hours at least. It's amazing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have been receiving Olaplex treatments for about two years. With bleaching and without. All professional treatments done at a salon. Ladies, leave it to the pros. This stuff works, it's legit. I'm sorry to say that the people that left negative reviews did DIY treatments at home and not for the products intended purpose. Do you want shine, bounce, soft, radiant hair? Request Olaplex at the SALON.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the worst things that happened to my hair.
I wet my head, towel dried it and applied Olaplex 3 from roots to ends. Waited for 30 minutes, rinsed it off and followed with my shampoo and deep hydrating conditioner.
I let my hair air dry (I usually do that) and ... Before I put this stuff on I had natural waves, my hair was shiny and it did not look like an overused swab. I had some breakage, means my hair also luck protein, but since I'm also coloring my hair I blonde I thought this treatment could be nice.
I witnessed how it changed my friend's hair in best possible way. But this isn't my case. Perhaps because I color with Aveda and Aveda strongly stands against Olaplex being mixed with their product. I know I didn't mix anything, but maybe it had bad reaction with the color I have...
I just hope it will rinse off...
If you're planning to try it, do yourself a favor and try on a little part first. If it doesn't work for you, you won't end up with full head of disastrous hair like I did.

This is probably one of the best things to happen to me recently. Having said that, I absolutely have to mention right from the beginning that it DID dry out my hair at first, and it did change my wave pattern almost completely. However, I got a moisturising protein treatment done at the same salon I got the No.1 and 2 Olaplex treatments done almost the next day, and the waves and moisture in my hair were right back.

What made this treatment ultra special for someone like me (naturally thin, slightly curly, fine hair that's prone to breakage despite being kept well away from heat tools and dyes) is that I almost instantly saw a drastic reduction in hair breakage from the first use (and I seriously mean DRASTIC, like the kind where instead of seeing 15 to 20 hair on my wide-tooth comb after a shower, I saw only one). I have purchased the take-home treatment as well, and used it once, and fully intend on purchasing it again when I run out. I think the trick to use this on already dry hair is to not leave it on for longer than 90 minutes and follow it up a serious deep-conditioning treatment right after.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm currently using#3st home and have had #1#2in salon with highlights and did notice the results