Olaplex step 3 (Home treatment)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm currently using#3st home and have had #1#2in salon with highlights and did notice the results

This is probably one of the best things to happen to me recently. Having said that, I absolutely have to mention right from the beginning that it DID dry out my hair at first, and it did change my wave pattern almost completely. However, I got a moisturising protein treatment done at the same salon I got the No.1 and 2 Olaplex treatments done almost the next day, and the waves and moisture in my hair were right back.

What made this treatment ultra special for someone like me (naturally thin, slightly curly, fine hair that's prone to breakage despite being kept well away from heat tools and dyes) is that I almost instantly saw a drastic reduction in hair breakage from the first use (and I seriously mean DRASTIC, like the kind where instead of seeing 15 to 20 hair on my wide-tooth comb after a shower, I saw only one). I have purchased the take-home treatment as well, and used it once, and fully intend on purchasing it again when I run out. I think the trick to use this on already dry hair is to not leave it on for longer than 90 minutes and follow it up a serious deep-conditioning treatment right after.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is one of the worst things that happened to my hair.
I wet my head, towel dried it and applied Olaplex 3 from roots to ends. Waited for 30 minutes, rinsed it off and followed with my shampoo and deep hydrating conditioner.
I let my hair air dry (I usually do that) and ... Before I put this stuff on I had natural waves, my hair was shiny and it did not look like an overused swab. I had some breakage, means my hair also luck protein, but since I'm also coloring my hair I blonde I thought this treatment could be nice.
I witnessed how it changed my friend's hair in best possible way. But this isn't my case. Perhaps because I color with Aveda and Aveda strongly stands against Olaplex being mixed with their product. I know I didn't mix anything, but maybe it had bad reaction with the color I have...
I just hope it will rinse off...
If you're planning to try it, do yourself a favor and try on a little part first. If it doesn't work for you, you won't end up with full head of disastrous hair like I did.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have been receiving Olaplex treatments for about two years. With bleaching and without. All professional treatments done at a salon. Ladies, leave it to the pros. This stuff works, it's legit. I'm sorry to say that the people that left negative reviews did DIY treatments at home and not for the products intended purpose. Do you want shine, bounce, soft, radiant hair? Request Olaplex at the SALON.

Yeah, everything everyone said is pretty much right about this stuff. I have coarse, dry, wavy-curly hair that I haphazardly bleach sometimes at home. My hair HATES bleach, even if I only lighten a few levels, it frizzes out, looks dull, and worst of all, the wave/curl flattens in a way that is less "straight hair" and more "shapeless mess." I hated my hair. With this, I washed my hair with a gentle co-wash, put it on, wrapped my hair in a plastic bag and let it sit for a loooong time, like 7 hours. The result? I have my hair back. It's still coarse, still sorta dry, because that's what it is naturally, but the waves are defined, the curls clump together in a healthy way, it feels strong and Pantene-commercialish as opposed to scraggly and wig-like. I didn't have super gummy stretchy bleached blonde hair like some, so I was worried that this wouldn't be right for me. But it was. I think what this does,essentially, is give you your natural hair back. And the best version of that natural hair. If you do chemical processes, or are just frustrated with your damage and texture changes, I think it would be a bad decision NOT to try this. It's worked better than anything I've tried, and while it's pretty expensive for how little you get, I think it's worth it.

First off i bought this product(no.3) directly from olaplex. If you are not licensed hairdresser you cannot buy no 1 or no2 directly from olaplex so I would not expect a casual person to actually be using legit no 1 or no 2 bought online. I have used no 3 three times so far and i can say it actually does something the first use. I apply a generous amount to damp towel dried hair that is only shampooed. comb it in and leave on over night or until next washing then shampoo it out and condition. My hair feels alive. It is kind if hard to explain. It just feels alive lol i also kind of like the texture it gives my hair while left it when it dries so i am in no hurry to wash it out after i apply it. The best length to leave in is AT LEAST two hours. But i really recommend overnight. I have longer than shoulder length hair that is thick and and have used it 3 times and still have over half a bottle left so do not be deceived by bottle size. The price is a steal. You really should only buy it from olaplex or your trusted hairdresser.

This really works a miracle on my hair. I color and highlight and about 2 weeks after getting it colored, my hair starts to look dry and lifeless. I use Olaplex 3 and my hair transforms to shiny and bouncy. It's really amazing. Will continue to use it as long as I can afford it :)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried the Dupes from Sally - totally garbage!! Do not waste your money! I bought what turned out to be fake product on Amazon which did nothing so you have to be certain you are buying the real thing...

Once I did actually get the real product, it was a game changer. I had huge fuzzy damaged color treated hair that was a mess, if I don't work on it right after I wash it - use 7 products, blow dry, straighten, I end up getting mistaken for a bag lady or a place for pigeons to build a nest. It took two treatments for me to see real results (I left it on overnight and washed out the next day) a week apart but my hair is a lot stronger. I have hair that is really thick and past my shoulders and a bottle can last me six or seven uses.

This is not a conditioner but a bond rebuilder - it makes your hair feel stronger and is for use on chemically treated hair. I have heard hair stylists say that this won't work without the other two steps but truthfully, this worked perfectly on my over bleached hair hair but again.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

About a year ago, I decided to stop coloring my hair (medium brown) and embrace the never-ending greys and silvers. I didn't want to do the big chop, nor did I relish looking like a zebra. My hairstylist suggested very heavy highlights with Olaplex. Much to my delight it worked: virtually no breakage; no mushy hair; minimal damage.

We repeated this process twice more, and we added Olaplex treatments (steps 1&2) every 6 weeks or so. I use step 3 once a week, leaving it in for 20-30 minutes. It's been an expensive proposition! Despite the price, I will continue this regime until the highlights are cut out and the grey is fully grown in. For me, the results have been that good. And, I'm loving the grey!

Olaplex is, btw, "Curly Girl" friendly. No sulphate or cones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My natural hair color is probably a level 4 but has been lightened up to a bright platinum blonde for a couple of years now. My hair is thick and sturdy and can handle processing pretty well, but does receive damage from monthly bleaching plus toning plus heat styling. Last week I returned from the salon with a fresh cut but the long layers around my face seemed really dry and one piece was so fuzzy and fried when I felt it that I got a pair of scissors. I was just about to snip off a couple of inches when I remembered that I had ordered the Olaplex No. 3 from the company website. I got it and smoothed maybe a teaspoon onto that dry piece. (I know you're supposed to use it on freshly shampooed hair but I had nothing to lose so why not take a risk?)

A few minutes later the piece was much softer and half an hour later the piece felt almost as good as the rest of my hair. I was astonished since I was literally going to cut it off as being hopelessly damaged. o - O

This week when I washed my hair I used about 40% of the No. 3 bottle and left it in overnight. I followed it the next day with the Aveda Damage Remedy Mask (which I love) for several hours, rinsed it out and let my hair air-dry. Today my hair is so soft, shiny and bouncy that I had to ask myself if this was what I remembered my virgin hair being like. I decided that it wasn't quite as nice as that-- but almost! That piece that was frizzed beyond help is now just as smooth as rest of my hair, which looks amazingly healthy to me. I can't stop running my fingers through my long silky and shining hair today!

I have used this product basically only once so I will update this review if my hair gets any side effects from use of this. I'm going to order another bottle when I finish this review because this is one product that lives up to all the hype. Five lippies yas!!

Popular Hair Treatments