Olaplex step 3 (Home treatment)

I paid a little over $30 with tax at Sephora for a small bottle of this that might give me 3-4 uses at most. I dampened my hair and shampooed, rinsed, saturated it with Olaplex No 3, combed it through, and put it up in a plastic cap for about 7 hours. I rinsed, conditioned, sprayed in my leave in conditioner/blow out spray/heat protectant, blow dried, and flat ironed. My hair looked nice, it felt softer, and I was happy. But I was not happy with that price tag for a tiny amount of product, and I didn’t see lasting results with this. If you can get your hands on No 2, which isn’t hard to do, I recommend that one instead. It works better than No 3, the results lasted longer for me, and even though it was expensive (I waited til it was on sale on Overstock and paid $69 for 2 liters), you get a TON more product and a better product, at that.

Where have this been all my life when I’ve been frying, frizzling, scorching my hair? This tiny bottle saved my hair from going all the way to a pixie cut. After getting balayage and enjoying the colour, I decided that I could play hairdresser and do my own balayage. Well, why not, we have YouTube, don’t we? I learned it’s not a good idea.

Anyway, I started using Olaplex no. 3 on my super damaged hair and the change is phenomenal. I initially used it twice a week. After the first month, I use it once a week, after one shampoo to wash off the products, on damp hair and wrap it with cling film. I keep it overnight or as long as I can. Then I rinse it off and do one more shampoo. I have chin length hair and I’m still on the same bottle I started with.

It’s not a moisture or protein mask, it’s a bond repair treatment, so you will need to use a separate mask for moisture and protein. For that, I use Davines NouNou shampoo and hair mask. My curls are coming back and my hair feels like hair again.

As just adding this into your daily routine a few days a week the Olaplex Hair Perfector Treatment Number 3 will add a little moisture back into hair. This is chock full of good vitamins and minerals. Hair is dead so the real only alive part you are treating is the roots and scalp. Most of the good stuff gets rinsed from hair before it has much of a change to absorb. The first time I used this I noticed my hair was a little extra bouncy but nothing else after subsequent uses. Tiny Bottle, Definite No to repurchase this. My review video can be seen here:

So I finally bit the bullet and had decades of box black dye, and some henndigo towards the ends, stripped at a salon. Out of my naturally nearly black hair, that is generally 2C/3A curly and was nearly waist length.

So yeah, it was damaging. Not horrifically since my stylist was careful, and my hair takes to bleach well. But it definitely wasn’t in fabulous condition afterwards even with an aggressive trim. (The ultimate goal was a dark fantasy purple, which I’ve gotten close to after 2 months!)

So. Yes. Damaged hair. Curls cranked up to 11. Or 3B basically. From large floppy silky ringlets to tight, small, size-of-a-sharpie uber large, big hair, massively different texture small curls. Still shiny and not a whole lot more frizzy but such a giant difference in texture, is a monster pain. My usual routine of scrunching some Argan oil in my damp hair and air drying it was... well, just NO.

Then I got some Olaplex 3 from the Olaplex website. Two treatments made my hair a lot more like it had been prior to the 7 hours of bleaching! Definitely shinier. Less gummy feeling. More normal. It still isn’t like... pre-giant-bleach-offensive texture but it’s not a magic wand. But it’s the best thing I’ve tried for sure!

Four or so hours wrapped in plastic, applied over damp hair, washed out and then conditioned after, every week. And my hair was about 60% back to normal. Better than I expected!

My hair is as virgin as a hair can be. It has never been bleached or dyed. I never style it with heat. I try to be as gentle as possible when I wash it and comb it and I always wear it in a braid, but all hair gets damaged some. What made me feel that I needed something more than just oiling and a regular conditioner (a very good conditioner, but still) was this years' winter - it's been an absolute nightmare. My hair has felt so, so brittle and the oiling and the good conditioner I use did nothing to help with that brittleness. So, I decided to try Olaplex and oh boy - I am so glad I did! It's a GAME CHANGER, people ! My hair has never felt or looked this healthy and good. It looks thicker and shinier and feels stronger and smoother than ever. I am hoping that it will prevent breakage (it seems to mend my hair breakage) and that I won't need to get my ends trimmed as often as I usually do. Could it do more? Of course it could. For the price it _should_ do more. That's the only thing that bums me about Olaplex. It's great, but for the price it should be even better. But I will repurchase. Hopefully the use of it will save me the cost of frequent hair trims, and then I will feel a lot better about buying this product.

This product did not help my hair at all. I fallowed directions. Tried it for three months. I now use schwarzkopf mask for very damaged hair works amazing for a fraction of the price.

Wow. I did not expect my hair to be like "like new" for a minute. I thought it might be a little better but I am blown away, I know that this has actually been clinically proven to repair hair, but still, I thought that I'd get minimal results using number 3. Well turns out that 3 was all I needed. I have naturally coarse dry color treated hair but I only have bleached highlights so the damage isn't terrible. I'm sure if I was bleached blonde all over I might not see the kind of results I'm seeing from using just number 3. So, I can see this working for follow up after 1 and 2 for people who are bleached entirely blonde and for people who just have subtle highlights like I do. My highlights were definitely strawlike in places and now they are nothing like that. Truly revolutionary product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Pros:
- Easy to use.
- Cheaper to do yourself than in a salon.

Cons:
- Still pricy though.

I have thick, 2b curly hair, that is prone to frizz. I also love to bleach my hair! This has caused serious dry ends, frizziness and untameable hair. I was tempted to go back to brown (after 15 years of blonde) until I found Olaplex. I put the treatment into my towel-dried unwashed hair in the evening, and I try to re-wet the product at least once before going to bed. I sleep with the product in, SHAMPOO the product out in the morning, and then use an intensive conditioning hair mask for an hour. I rinse that out and VOILA, it’s like I’ve returned to my childhood hair. I can do a blowout that lasts for days and days ( my blowouts usually won’t last for hours), or if I do curls, they look so soft, shiny and smooth! I do this once per week and it’s a huge time commitment BUT I can now wake up most mornings, run a comb through my hair, and get compliments for the rest of the day.

Wow this is amazing, last time I got bleach highlights at the salon they used stage 1 & 2. I used stage 3 at home once a week and my hair feels like silk snd is super shiny. I will never be without this product and will always make sure it is used when I get bleach highlights. Olaplex has transformed my hair, brilliant ✨