Olaplex step 3 (Home treatment)

Water (Aqua), Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Quaternium-91, Sodium Benzoate, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium-37, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Etidronic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.

I wish I would have read more reviews on this product. I did the 3 step treatment. I clarified my hair first as directions state and I left on 1 and 2 overnight because everything I read said the longer the better. The next day I did a deep conditioning treatment after shampooing. My hair felt rough and course immediately, and now 4 days later it's breaking off in chunks. It must've reacted to my hair somehow. Don't do this yourself. If you really feel you need to try it just go to a salon. I did research it a lot and everything I found said it was completely safe, but obviously something went wrong. I am so pissed.

Wow c'est incroyable, la dernière fois que je suis arrivé temps forts de blanchiment au salon ils ont utilisé l'étape 1 et 2. J'ai utilisé l'étape 3 à la maison une fois par semaine et mes cheveux se sent comme SND de soie est super brillant. Je ne serai jamais sans ce produit et sera toujours assurez-vous qu'il est utilisé lorsque je reçois les faits saillants de blanchiment. Olaplex a transformé mes cheveux, ✨ brillan

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bleach my hair and change color about every 2 months, I've had every color of the rainbow! I have heard bad side effects from use, so I'm just going to write how I use olaplex and what it did to me.

I used to have a hair dresser that would use the 1 and 2 system... I never used 3 at the time. I developed another human being and didnt have time to do my hair for almost a year.

After that, I started to go back to another hair dresser (never used olaplex in my hair) and decided to start using #3 at home. I did use it for the 10 minutes and deep condition afterwards which I felt, didn't really do much for my hair. So, I decided to one day, leave it on over night. Now, I know that some people say it actually stops working after a short period of time but... the next day after I deep conditioned and rinsed out, my curls came back and my hair felt and looked healthier!

Now, my hair regimen consists of washing my hair once a week. I wrap my hair religiously every night with a silk scarf, and lightly, very lightly mist my ends with shea moisture coconut leave in treatment and on some winter nights, a smidgen of argan oil on the ends. I use olaplex #3 overnight very sparingly- about once every 2 months is all I need. It's not a conditioner so I would NOT recommend using this everyday. Just like protein based products are great for yur hair, but using protein rich serums, plus protein based heat protectant sprays, plus protein based shampoo and conditioner, etc. Can build to too much protein, and start breaking the hair off. I believe olaplex works in the same way.

I've been using this once every 2 months for almost 2 years now, and it seems to be keeping my hair healthy. Now, I get my hair bleached out and recolored with more space in between, but my rule of thumb is, after I have my hair bleached and colored, and I'm ready to do my first wash, I will use this. And I think it is good to use this, but just not as a daily or weekly treatment.

Olaplex – my personal experience with this product was terrible so I would like to share it with as many potential users as possible. If you look around there are many many reviews like this – it’s just warning for people to do full research before using a product:
I bought Olaplex 1 and 2 as a stand alone treatment (my hair dresser also used it on me with a root bleach) and I bought number 3 to use separately alongside my conditioner and moisture treatments. I’ve never regretted buying a product more in my life.
I’ve had my hair bleached professionally for 15 years and never experienced more than a few split ends. After my hairdresser used 1 & 2 in my hair it initially felt amazing and looked really shiny. After a few days it started to snap quite a lot. The point of breakage was the part where the newly bleached hair joined the hair that was previously bleached.. the normal area of overlap.
I assumed that it was just because the stylist had gone up one level in bleach and I contacted Olaplex and they recommended that I keep using 1 & 2 as a stand alone treatment as well as number 3 regularly.
Over about 2 weeks I followed the instructions from the Olaplex rep. I must add that I followed the product instructions exactly and I also conditioned my hair with moisture thoroughly each time I used it to avoid drying.
Every time I used the Olaplex product my hair was snapping more and more.. it sounds stupid but it took me over two weeks to work out that the Olaplex was causing this. I sought out independent advice from a high end salon chain locally to me who offer Olaplex as a service. They advised that although the product is amazing for most people, it can have an adverse effect on a fair few people, even with virgin untreated hair.
Upon subsequent research I have read about hundreds of people who have had the same experience. It is as though the Olaplex fries your hair and leaves it like snapping burnt straw.
Since I stopped using it, my hair has stopped breaking. However I am left with short stubby sections of my hair in various places, mainly on the crown and in the parting. Personally I feel disgusting but I know my hair will grow and I will never use that product again. Using high moisture products since has helped with the overall condition but I can’t get the broken hair back.
The product is overpriced and over rated in my opinion. I would strongly recommend doing a test on your hair before using this product all over. If you buy it, test it on a section and wait a week or so to see if it starts snapping.

I have thin wavy overprocessed porous hair, that wont hold color aynymore, and I have a ton of them. I want to make them feel healthier but look less fluffy and frizzy. Olaplex 3 makes my hair feel repaired but a bit too strong (not silky to the touch,but rough) and too voluminous, not sleek as I'd like. Maybe im leaving on too long, I can't really understand why I'm not happy after using it 3 or 4 times the past years.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I eke out 6 or one and a half month’s treatments of #3 for my highly processed shoulder length hair that is desperate in need of moisture and tlc. I like to apply to damp hair and massage the scalp for good ten minutes or so and I absolutely love how it works almost immediately-brings cool relief to scalp and nourishes the hair like I just fed it superfood. After anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending on conceived need, I rinse and condition in the shower and I swear my face and body too look and feel better somehow, with a slip that feels like a protective barrier. Albeit these effects are temporary but after years of abuse my hair finally is in relief. At three months in, my scalp is healthier, I shampoo less because dry itchy flakes are no more, there is less hair loss and quality is markedly improved. I’m optimistic that the effects will be cumulatively beneficial and continued use will further address or even negate my ever dependence on dyes and hot iron. Minus a star for price.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Whoa! If you color your hair AT ALL!!!!! you NEED OLAPLEX!!! I’m now at an age (50) where I only use professionals who are GOOD WITH COLOR!!! They can have the best color in the world, but can’t apply it correctly. Yes. I am chossey. And I don’t want the brittle hair that coloring brings. So I insist on my colorist using Olaplex. It leaves my hair soft and shinny! I buy a small bottle for home and do weekly treatments. This stuff is a miracle. It is very expensive, and you’ll see why after one use. Your hair is worth it, trust me!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just bought the No.3 treatment from Sephora.
Little background. Been straightening/curling my hair every other day for the last 10 years, now recently every three days. I also get highlights maybe twice every year, for the last 5 years or so. My hair is fairly dry, however I am able to maintain so-so looking hair with products and masques. But I want that silky pantene commercial like hair!
So heres what I did: I rinsed my hair and then used this treatment, let it sit for 2 hours and shampooed and conditioned as normal. Immediately after washing this out my hair felt silky smooth in the shower and I was excited to actually see the difference. Normally after washing my hair no matter how much conditioner or leave ins I use I ALWAYS have lots of tangles and have to spend a good few minutes brushing them out; resulting in tons of hair lost in my brush :(
With this, ZERO tangles Im so happy!! After blowdrying, my hair felt soft and smooth. I was surprised however to see that my hair was frizzy and looked kind of dry? I was not expecting that hence the 3 stars. But because this is my first round I will update and change my rating if anything changes.

this product gives my hair life
it did awesome job for my highlighted hair, it repairs my dry and damaged hair and make it stronger and softer than before.
i have a long- thick hair, highlighted since a year ago, oily at the scalp area, and dry hair
i have tried hello hair, oribe, drugstore products (like aussie, pantene, etc) and they did nothing on me.
this stuff really works, i will recommend to everyone who has damaged and dry hair
i’m obsessed with this product and will definitely repurchase
the only cons is it’s quite pricey, but it’s still reasonable because i never found any better hair product than this

I finally gave in and purchased this product. I have super thick hair, but it is also very fine, and being a blonde and getting highlights often has left me with several broken pieces around my face and damaged ends. I left this in my hair for about 20 minutes, washed it out, followed by my Moroccan oil mask, then went to bed. The next morning, I was absolutely shocked. After just one use, my hair seriously looked brighter and shinier, and was so much easier to comb through. It feels stronger and I even got compliments on it. I will definitely be repurchasing and making this product part of my hair routine.