Olaplex step 3 (Home treatment)

First off i bought this product(no.3) directly from olaplex. If you are not licensed hairdresser you cannot buy no 1 or no2 directly from olaplex so I would not expect a casual person to actually be using legit no 1 or no 2 bought online. I have used no 3 three times so far and i can say it actually does something the first use. I apply a generous amount to damp towel dried hair that is only shampooed. comb it in and leave on over night or until next washing then shampoo it out and condition. My hair feels alive. It is kind if hard to explain. It just feels alive lol i also kind of like the texture it gives my hair while left it when it dries so i am in no hurry to wash it out after i apply it. The best length to leave in is AT LEAST two hours. But i really recommend overnight. I have longer than shoulder length hair that is thick and and have used it 3 times and still have over half a bottle left so do not be deceived by bottle size. The price is a steal. You really should only buy it from olaplex or your trusted hairdresser.

This really works a miracle on my hair. I color and highlight and about 2 weeks after getting it colored, my hair starts to look dry and lifeless. I use Olaplex 3 and my hair transforms to shiny and bouncy. It's really amazing. Will continue to use it as long as I can afford it :)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried the Dupes from Sally - totally garbage!! Do not waste your money! I bought what turned out to be fake product on Amazon which did nothing so you have to be certain you are buying the real thing...

Once I did actually get the real product, it was a game changer. I had huge fuzzy damaged color treated hair that was a mess, if I don't work on it right after I wash it - use 7 products, blow dry, straighten, I end up getting mistaken for a bag lady or a place for pigeons to build a nest. It took two treatments for me to see real results (I left it on overnight and washed out the next day) a week apart but my hair is a lot stronger. I have hair that is really thick and past my shoulders and a bottle can last me six or seven uses.

This is not a conditioner but a bond rebuilder - it makes your hair feel stronger and is for use on chemically treated hair. I have heard hair stylists say that this won't work without the other two steps but truthfully, this worked perfectly on my over bleached hair hair but again.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

About a year ago, I decided to stop coloring my hair (medium brown) and embrace the never-ending greys and silvers. I didn't want to do the big chop, nor did I relish looking like a zebra. My hairstylist suggested very heavy highlights with Olaplex. Much to my delight it worked: virtually no breakage; no mushy hair; minimal damage.

We repeated this process twice more, and we added Olaplex treatments (steps 1&2) every 6 weeks or so. I use step 3 once a week, leaving it in for 20-30 minutes. It's been an expensive proposition! Despite the price, I will continue this regime until the highlights are cut out and the grey is fully grown in. For me, the results have been that good. And, I'm loving the grey!

Olaplex is, btw, "Curly Girl" friendly. No sulphate or cones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My natural hair color is probably a level 4 but has been lightened up to a bright platinum blonde for a couple of years now. My hair is thick and sturdy and can handle processing pretty well, but does receive damage from monthly bleaching plus toning plus heat styling. Last week I returned from the salon with a fresh cut but the long layers around my face seemed really dry and one piece was so fuzzy and fried when I felt it that I got a pair of scissors. I was just about to snip off a couple of inches when I remembered that I had ordered the Olaplex No. 3 from the company website. I got it and smoothed maybe a teaspoon onto that dry piece. (I know you're supposed to use it on freshly shampooed hair but I had nothing to lose so why not take a risk?)

A few minutes later the piece was much softer and half an hour later the piece felt almost as good as the rest of my hair. I was astonished since I was literally going to cut it off as being hopelessly damaged. o - O

This week when I washed my hair I used about 40% of the No. 3 bottle and left it in overnight. I followed it the next day with the Aveda Damage Remedy Mask (which I love) for several hours, rinsed it out and let my hair air-dry. Today my hair is so soft, shiny and bouncy that I had to ask myself if this was what I remembered my virgin hair being like. I decided that it wasn't quite as nice as that-- but almost! That piece that was frizzed beyond help is now just as smooth as rest of my hair, which looks amazingly healthy to me. I can't stop running my fingers through my long silky and shining hair today!

I have used this product basically only once so I will update this review if my hair gets any side effects from use of this. I'm going to order another bottle when I finish this review because this is one product that lives up to all the hype. Five lippies yas!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The whole range of Olaplex products saved my hair.

A little background: I have naturally quite dark hair, between level 2 and 3. I have been bleaching my hair to a level 10, platinum blonde, for years. My hair is also really really thin, therefore more fragile. I first used Olaplex 1&2 in the salon in the summer of 2015, and I felt very satisfied with the result (hair felt very healthy and I had minimal breakage) but, being a student, I couldn't afford using it every time. In May 2016, my hairdresser messed up bad. I went to do my roots, they were really yellow, I went back a week later to get them retouched because they were banana colored, and still they weren't perfect. Because of the fact that she double bleached my roots, AND that she went over some parts that were very very white already, my hair broke A LOT in the following weeks. I have had extensive breakage all around the crown of my head. This was the last in a long line of hairdresser mishaps, so I decided I would just start doing everything on my own. I used to bleach my own roots at home in the past (when I had a pixie cut) so I already knew my hair and how it reacted to different levels of bleach. You can easily find Olaplex 1, 2 and 3 on ebay. The price of the whole starter pack is usually about 3 time the cost of using Olaplex at the hairdresser, but it lasts me about 20 times. So I bit my fingers and bought the whole pack... I'll never look back. Since using Olaplex, I have basically NO breakage in my hair after bleaching or the days afterwards. It does slow down the processing time, so I find myself retouching all the "old roots" every 4 or 5 months to get them all to platinum (otherwise they stay a light yellow).

I use Olaplex 3 every 10 days, and make sure that I do a treatment a couple days before I bleach my roots. I recommend it to any person who has damaged hair, fragile hair, or who is looking into dying their hair with permanent dye or bleach it. It might be quite a bit of a cost upfront, but it is so worth it for your hair.

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Holy Grail of all time. No need for Keratin Blow Outs Anymore. I get the in salon treatment in my quarterly visits to my hairdresser, and now do weekly treatments with Olaplex #3. I have white/gray hair I had highlighted with platinum , and the stylists used Olaplex #1 and #2 with the bleach and toner. I got the # 3, after watching many you tubes and reading a gadzillion reviews. I put it on about an hour and a half before I wash my hair. I apply it to dry hair, comb it through , wait about thirty minutes, and apply more, making sure every strand gets its saturation. Some people leave it on over night, but the application method I use works the best. I think do a condition only, then shampoo, then condition only again. (This is why I do this just once a week).

The result is incredible. Smooth shiney hair. No split ends, no crunchy hair. Holy grail, tossing out anything with keratin in it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Gosh. This thing really does wonders to my hair! It's as amazing as a good pair of running shoes! Once a week I leave it overnight on damp hair and wash with shampoo & mask in the morning. I love love love the result!

I relaxed my hair mid last year. I missed several salon appointments and ended up having a crazy mane couple of months ago- upper half natural frizz and lower half straight. I had keratin done to tame the frizz. While it did fix my roots, my ends were beyond repair. I wanted to chop them off but the thought of having spent so much money on my hair made me look into alternatives. Olaplex was my last resort. Why didn't I think of it sooner?!

On top of that I recently started marathon training and love wearing my hair in a ponytail... for about 3-4 hours everyday.

I was already impressed after the first use but thought I should wait for a month before reviewing. The first time I used this I could see the sharp artificial straight ends from relaxing significantly reduced.

Now, after a month, my hair looks more natural; from the roots to ends it looks healthier and closer to normal. My ponytail dent has somewhat faded too.

For the first time in months, my hair doesn't look DEAD.

Another thing, I started noticing last week my hair's thicker than usual and my natural black is making a comeback... after a year of random brown streaks due to hyperthyroid.

I'm glad I bought this product instead of cutting off 3-4 inches :))) It would've been equally hard to maintain.

On a side note:

I wash my hair 3x a week.

I'm not sure I can even bring myself to read any of the negative reviews here for this product; my only guess would be that they did not use the product correctly or it was a fake product because Olaplex treatment # 3 gives my hair LIFE!
I cannot believe what this does to my over-stressed and heavily processed hair! background: I have a straight perm, grey hair that I cover with dark brown oh and I still have to flat iron it. My hair is a mess. it breaks, it looks dry it feels dry. yuck.
This is when I reach for my Olaplex #3 treatment. I have gone through about 4 or 5 bottles of this so far and I get anywhere from 5-7 treatments with it.
This last time I really held out and my hair was looking so horrible! I did my treatment yesterday and I sat in the shower with it on for about 7 minutes and once I had dried and styled it -- WOW! so shiny, so soft ! I cannot rave enough.
I can only imagine what it does for highlighted hair !
thank you Olaplex!!!!!

Praise the Lord, this product has saved my hair. I've been struggling with getting my fried hair to look glossy and healthy for years. I just recently dyed it blonde this fall and it was so dead and lifeless. Enter Olaplex. HOLY COW. My hair has never looked this good! I've had it done twice at the salon now and i'm so glad I did. If you have been struggling with fried hair that's breaking off, please do yourself a favor and do this at a salon! I've never been so impressed with a service in my entire life and never write reviews but I had just about given up on my hair and now i'm getting compliments on how healthy it looks! It's a miracle!