Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun (Deep Bronze) Sunless Tanning Mousse

Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun (Deep Bronze) Sunless Tanning Mousse

3.9

I LOVE this self tanner! I used it with a tanning mitt and it turned out absolutely perfect on the first try. My skin tone is naturally fair (think lightest or second lightest foundation color), but the deep bronze is perfect for me- very similar to the color of my natural tan.

It has a bronzer, which makes it easy to see where you've applied it already. Claims to dry in 60 seconds, but I'd say more like 15 mins to be totally dry. The scent is mild and somewhat pleasant. It doesnt stain clothing and lasts a long time. When it does fade, it looks much more natural than a lot of other fake tanners.

I will never use another self tanner!!

on 3/13/2017 11:21:00 AM

I have been using self tanner since my junior year of high school (I'm a senior in college now to give you an idea). Like most people who review self tanners, I've tried every brand/product under the sun (figuratively and literally: St. Tropez, St. Moritz, Clarins, L'Oreal, Banana Boat, Sun Labs, Fake Bake, Faux Tan, etc.). St. Tropez's dark mousse was my HG for a long time, but the strong scent and green tint made it hard to justify the $40 price tag. I moved onto St. Moritz, which was a great dupe for St. Tropez, but again, the smell and muddy guard color was pretty gross. I randomly picked up this mousse from Target because it was cheap and I knew Jergens was big in the self tan market for their gradual tan (which I never cared for). I don't have the patience for gradual tan, personally. I first noticed that this mousse is very easy to apply, but will stain your hands so use a mit or a large kabuki brush. The scent was VERY subtle compared to everything else I've tried on the market. The guard color was subtle too: I was noticeably tan, but not green or muddy. When I rinsed it off the next day, I was still left with a lovely, even, believable tan. My main gripe with this product is that the color only lasts a few days on me, but most self tanners do since I'm so painfully pale. This is now the only product I use for my face and body. I've experimented with it and found that I can actually apply it before going out, and it has a minimal scent and tackiness. This is a huge win for me because now I don't have to go through the process of showering twice (once at night and once in the morning) before I can go out in the product. If I have a big event, I like to apply this on two consecutive days to achieve even darker color. Overall, this product wins primarily due to the pleasant, light scent and natural color. The slight price tag and lack of stickiness is just an added bonus!

on 1/14/2017 10:53:00 PM

It's extremely hard for me to get a nice tan (I'm very pale, and although I don't "burn" often, it takes FOREVER for me to build up a tan), plus it's unsafe. I wanted to find a nice self-tanner, and was thinking of brands like Loving Tan, St. Tropez, etc., but couldn't justify spending that amount of money on a self tanner, especially if I run out and have to repurchase (I'm on a college budget).

I tried St. Moriz (said to be a drugstore dupe for St. Tropez), and although it has really great reviews, I honestly didn't like it. I honestly thought the green undertone made me look sickly, and the tan didn't look natural on me, or give me a "glow"-- it just made me look kinda dirty.

I wasn't expecting to like this product as much as I do. It only took a couple of minutes to feel dry enough that I could put my clothes back on, and the color was so BEAUTIFUL and looked like a natural tan on me. It made my skin look glowy, and was as if I had just spent a week in the Caribbean. I used the Deep Bronze, and it still looked super natural, even though I'm ridiculously pale. I highly recommend trying this, for $12, it's really not a bad price for what you're getting!

on 10/28/2016 2:22:00 PM

I bought this self Tanner in June for my senior prom and it looked beautiful! Ever since then, I've been using it to achieve that beautiful glow because I'm extremely pale (and yes I know everyone says that, but people used to point it out to me. Think "the color of paper") it can be streaky if you don't spend time blending it during the application. If this happens, i recommend taking a coarse towel with astringent on the harsh lines to fade them into your skin. I've loved this tanner even though it can be a tiny bit on the orangeish side, so i make sure to use it sparingly to avoid this.
**PLEASE READ FOR PRECAUTIONS**
However, I thought I should share, that yesterday I stood right in front of the fireplace in my home after i tanned the night before and I overwhelmingly smelled the Tanner but thought nothing of it. After a minute or so I noticed smoke coming from my hand and the Tanner smell soon turned into burnt Tanner. And then, my smoke alarm went off. This did not affect me or my tan in anyway, but maybe that was because I only allowed 10 seconds of this smoke to occur before I shut off the fire and ran away. PLEASE take precautions, especially in the winter because i won't be the only one standing close to fire to keep warm

on 8/10/2016 8:11:00 AM

Nope. Used this twice and i'm returning it today. I got it in the deeper shade for around $12 at Target. The mousse is a weird texture and feels sticky. It's also super orange and stained my hands and in between my fingers. I put it on last night and was so disappointed to see that I noticed NO color. This morning I can tell a slight difference but I want something with instant results, not something I have to wait for. Don't recommend. I'll spend a little more for something better.

on 8/7/2016 5:25:00 AM

I purchased Jergens mousse tan because it was on special at Priceline and I had always wanted to try it because people speak so highly of it. I am currently sitting naked in the dark infront of my heater like a creep waiting for the tan to dry, so I will update my review once I have seen the finished result tomorrow morning. But so far these are my findings:

The mousse is a very light colour when applying. I dont know how I feel about this. I'm very used to my St Tropez and Bondi Sands deep coloured mousse so I know where I've been. I think the light foam also has made me think that this colour is really light and won't develop much. The colour wasn't changing as I was applying it and I can't speak for it now because like I said, I'm currently sitting in the dark haha.

Onto the smell. It has a pleasant smell, not over powering however I've smelt this smell somewhere before. I actually think it's a hair dye smell. Weird.

Drying time: the bottle says 60 seconds. LOL that is totally not the case because I'm sitting here 15mins after applying and sticky af. I've only applied 1 layer.

But so far so good, I've defiantly had worse at this point of time - il check back in and edit my review once I wake up tomorrow morning! :)

*********** EDITED UPDATED**********

Okay so it's the day after application and I slept in the tan. I must say this took soooo long to dry. Like hours. My boyfriend wouldn't let me near him because he was scared it would go on him.

The tan is a nice bronze colour. Defiantly developed into a light even tan even though I thought it wouldn't amount to much. When I showered it still stayed on nicely with that light bronze colour. Overall I'm giving this a 3/5, 2 stars off because this just isn't dark enough for a 'deep bronze' - lucky I hadn't applied this the night of a night out because it would have been nowhere near dark enough! Another star off because it was soo sticky I actually considered washing it off before it could develop. Even though I don't really mind this product, unfortntly I wouldn't re purchase this because I feel there are other fake tans out there for the same price that do a better job.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product works! I am an NC35 and I tan very easily. However, For some reason, my legs are always the hardest to tan. I couldn't make it out to the beach or had the time to sit out, so I got this. The first time I tried it, I applied three layers , one on top of another. Call me impatient and overzealous. This is not what one should do. Heed the warning!!! Here I was, thinking my legs are looking pretty good but then, BAM! The next morning, I had oompa loompa legs. Yup, they were Orange and gross! I quickly had to use lemon juice and olive oil and exfoliate the living daylights out of legs and feet. It was horrid but it worked. The color I wanted, despite still being a tad on the Orange side, was very bearable and it came out looking rather uniform. The foam helps with streaks. There is no smell and it works quickly. However, drying time for me was about an hour. That's also because I moisturized like a fiend before I put on the sunless tanner. Overall, very easy product to work with but just add one layer. That's all you need before the oompa takes over.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

so this product is okay, it does give you a lot of color the next morning and it does smell good. Also it does not have an over the top color guide which I appreciate. I hate intense color guides. Dries fast too! The color is pretty orange on me, and it does not last more than 2 days or so before its entirely faded off. Its okay at best will not repurchase

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pretty impressed with this product because i used one application and it stayed on for days!!!! the smell isn't bad, it dries quickly, and the color is perfect. the only problems I had was that it stained my hands quicker than any product I've used before and it's streaky but I'm sure if you use a mitt or an old sock it would turn out perfect!

Okay so I LOVE this product but I know there are a lot of concerns and questions when it comes to self tan, so I figured instead of just saying I love it I would actually write a review and answer questions I see people asking all the time. First of all I'm very fair naturally and yes, the deep bronze shade works perfectly for me-- there is no orange. Secondly the dry time; this is not a major issue but it does have a tendency to stay sticky for a while however let me assure you, after 10 minutes it is definitely dry and putting clothes on or getting in bed won't harm the tan. A lot of people also ask about the application process, and I tried EVERY way imaginable. Of course, the last way worked the best. Fuzzy socks. Find an old pair and take one of them-- double it up if it's long enough just so it's thick, and then stick your hand in, pump the mousse on it and rub it everywhere. You will find this is a LOT easier than it seems, and it leaves your tan streak free! I wish I would've known this trick when I got this, because without it it can be a little streaky and hard to use but with the sock application I have found myself WANTING to spend time each week tanning rather than finding it as a chore. 100% recommend this product and it's price point and pump packaging are great.