3.3

price range

Reviews

1.0

6 months ago

MisDefinitelyMaybe's review is on point. This product is waxy. Has a white cast. Goes on awkwardly and isn't a keeper. Definitely not Mac product quality.

About reviewer (385 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Dark, Cool

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

3 years ago

I have this in "light". I use the peach color on my undereye circles and it really brightens that area and conceals the purple/blue. I use the dark brown to contour and it looks way more natural than powder contour does on me because it blends better. I use my fingers to blend the colors so that probably helps, too. I don't reach for the other shades too much, but sometimes I'll use the yellow underneath the contour if I need help blending it out. I've used the tan shades on top of my eyebrows to help clean up the lines I've made when filling them in. I'm really satisfied with this product.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

3 years ago

I love this product.I'm 53 and have jowls.I use the light color in a inverted triangle were there is a shadow on my jawline and shade the jowls.I turned back the clock no more jowls!I use the dark shade to make my wide nostrils appear smaller .the light shade in my eye sockets to make my eyes more wide set.I like this product it's creamy consistency

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I purchased this palette in Light. I'm pretty cool with it. Not like super cool, but pretty cool. The peach shade is great for masking purple-toned dark circles under the eyes. The dark brown is okay for contouring if you have the arm strength to blend it out. Doesn't work too well for me, kinda looks like I smeared poop all over my cheeks and up on my forehead but thats cool too. I dunno I'm having issues with the applicability of the palette. Like I can't incorporate it into my routine with the exception of the peach. I'd rather use the LA girl concealers for all my contouring needs and the naked concealers for my concealer needs.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I have this in Deep for awhile, and use the orange & darkest brown shade for color-correcting & contouring when I need to. The shade selection is amazing, though I personally would like NYX to release some other palette with darker tones to cater to those of darker skin tones (Deep is fine for medium-olive skin, but I don't think it'd be suitable for dark-skinned beauties). It comes in plastic packaging with clear lid, sturdy yet light enough to fit in a pouch. The six shades in the box are more waxy in texture than creamy, but it's pretty easy to blend. So far, I pick up the pigment with clean fingertips, then blend them out with brush or sponge - it's easier this way than let your tools do the whole thing. In terms of color payoff, it's decent. Especially for the orange shade, it doesn't budge under my eyes (even without undereye primer) after I set them with a teeny bit of powder. It dries so quickly, though - it must be blended as soon as it's applied. It's an okay palette for the price. I was hoping for something softer, creamier from this palette. I don't really mind the texture as long as the color payoff is great, but the consistency could be much more improved.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I have this in DEEP. Purchased after seeing amazing reviews on Youtube......also, was looking for a MAC Pro Studio Finish concealer dupe......and is definitely NOT it! Whilst the colours match my preferences, they are waxy as anything. They don't blend well and leave a white looking cast thing, even for eyebrows which are relatively easy to blend out! However, I do like the Orange colour for colour correcting as it looks flawless underneath my foundation and brightens up my under eyes. I actually really like this a lot so will be on the lookout for single pots of this as it could be 'revolutionary' to my collection haha. This palette is also waaaaaaay too overpriced for the job that it does. Honestly, £10 is a little bit of a rip off considering that it doesn't blend well at all. If this review was just for the packaging then I would have given it 5 lipsticks as that is not point! Overall, I wouldn't repurchase (with the exception of the orange colour if sold separately) and I wouldn't recommend! Spend a few extra and get yourself the MAC version of this.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

4 years ago

I had been looking for a colour corrector for a while, so when i chanced upon this I had some high hopes for it. But sad to say, I am rather disappointed. The product is not so much creamy as it is waxy and for someone who has serious dark eye circles it is near impossible to cover them without putting more. In which, the product will the end up caking. It's difficult to blend and the "colour correcting" factor is rather moot. Perhaps i'm being bit more of a negative nancy cause I had some high hopes for this, but needless to say I am disappointed. On to the next colour corrector then

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I was really hopeful about this product, but using it as bought does not work great. I purchased the kit in the shade "Light". The colors matched my skin perfectly, as I am very fair. However the colors were not creamy at all. It is very hard to blend these products as they come. I would recommend adding a bit of argon oil to make them more creamy and bendable. The pallet comes with normal concealer colors, two highlight shades, a pink concealer, a banana color, and the contour shade. These are not very pigmented, they tend to smudge/travel on the face, and were overall disappointing. The price was cheap, but I would invest your money in a nice pallet such as the Anastasia Cream Contour Kits.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

4 years ago

I have this in Light. I use the dark Taupe shade to contour. I take some on my middle fingers and apply where you usually put contour (below cheek bones, temples, under the jaw line) and I blend with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I also use the Salmon shade and a little bit of the lightest shade for under the eyes. Finally, I take the flesh tone colors and a liiiittle bit of the Yellowy tone to conceal my blemishes. I blend these with my fingers. On top of all this, I use a Beauty Blender and some of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation to make sure everything looks as skin like as possible, since this palette is a little thick. Overall, I really like this product, very convenient and easy to use one you get used to it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

EyesBlack

4 years ago

Meh, less than impressed. Hard to blend out the different concealers/cream bronzers. Nyx is definitely hit or miss for me and this was a miss.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium