NYX Professional Makeup Color Correcting Concealer Palette

NYX Professional Makeup Color Correcting Concealer Palette
NYX Color Correcting Concealer Palette swatches

3.8

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140). D4-6 Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

These pigments are not strong, which I find to be a good quality. They have a creamy consistency and minimize discoloration without making it necessary to use a concealer over, the regular foundation is enough. The product doesn't cake up and it's very easy to apply and blend with the fingers or beautyblender.
Unfortunately, as with many other beauty products, this one makes my skin break out. Each time I use green shade to cover broken capillaries on my nose I've got pimples. Each time I use pink shade under my eyes, I get pimples. Too bad since I really like the consistency and how it performs.

on 6/7/2018 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this palette extremely useful as I have a number of uneven skin pigmentation concerns that it addresses (dark undereye circles, redness and age spots/sun damage) that have worsened as I've gotten older. I use it because without a colour corrector, foundation (even full coverage) and concealer by itself does not hide them completely.

I apply it after primer (before foundation and concealer) and use my fingers. I find it blends smoothly with this method and it is not cakey for me at all. Then I apply foundation and concealer. I do not use it on its own. For me, it lasts as long as my all day foundation. I have sensitive skin and it does not irritate it at all.

I use the green for the redness I have on my neck and around my nose and on my chin. I use the yellow for my hereditary undereye circles (I've also used the pink but I think the yellow is slightly more effective). I use the peach/beige on the bottem left for the age spots. (These are the hardest to cover. Although I use sunblock constantly, it was not available when I was a child in the late 1950s- 1960s and very low spf in the 1970s.). I do not use the brown (too dark for me) and the purple (I don't have yellowness.)

I highly would recommend it for people with uneven skin tones with a primer first and finger application.

on 1/7/2018 3:22:00 PM

Been using it for a while for my undereyes but it cakes liked crazzzy just liked any cream concealer if i try to use them under my eyes and the pigment is also kinda poor. It also tends to disappeared quick.....i It might be okay for minor color correcting but if you have heavy duty darkness or marks then it won't do.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love using this product mostly to conceal my redness and dark eye circles! This palette works very well. The products are a bit thick when applied. Once I did not rub in the green well enough on my cheeks and after I applied some concealer you could see a little green. Make sure to rub in whichever color(s) you are using. I have sensitive skin and this product did not irritate it. I recommend this product to anybody who loves color correcting!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has been a holy grail product in my makeup bag for years now! My main problems are dark circles and redness, and this baby right here...Magical! You can't even detect a single trace of redness or dark circles after using this. The only thing I don't like is when I use this to correct dark circles it creases a lot.I love my face with full coverage,this concealer is creamy and thick and gives full coverage without looking caked on your face, This is a great product that I think everyone should keep in their makeup bag!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think this is good for those who are interested in learning about color correction but aren't willing to commit and invest in something more expensive at this time just to see what it might or could do for them. I did find the yellow and pink shades helpful in reducing under eye darkness, both used with the NYX gotcha covered concealer and when paired with the lighter of the two concealer shades, but the formula is very thick, waxy, and hard to work with. Any attempts I made at trying to build it up turned cakey and sheered out when trying to smooth it out. It is too streaky to apply with a brush alone but using a finger to blend worked better. It may work if you aren't in need of any serious color correcting, but will let you down if you ask too much from it.
In general, I found this to be too much of a pain to apply and disappointing in coverage to bother with, and have since moved on to a single color pot of color correcting product to target my under eye darkness. The little bit of redness I ever get covers fine with my foundation, and the purple shade is waaay too thick to use as an all over corrector for dullness.

on 12/3/2016 12:23:00 PM

I was looking for a color correcting concealer to cover a hideous bruise on my face from a new injectionist. It was huge, from my nose to my chin, with various shades of deep purple & green. Really bad. Not even Cover FX, which I thought would cover everything didn't work, so I thought maybe a color corrector first would help. I was hesitant to buy this because many of the reviews here and on other websites said it didn't work all that well, but I was desperate and it was only $9 at Target so I thought it was worth a try.
Well it didn't work great on the bruise. In all fairness it was just too fugly and I doubt anything would have covered it. But a thin layer of the darkest orange under the Cover FX did make it much less noticeable. But what I love it for is the darkness on the inner portion of my nose and eyes, and the discoloration on my eyelids. Its absolutely perfect for that. I use the two orange colors mixed around my eyes, and the lighter peachy color on my lids. Apply a very thin layer using the Ecco Tools concealer brush, tap it in with a warm ring finger, and poof! Bright eyes! Totally natural looking, lasts all day, doesn't settle in lines, and really looks like skin. The rest of the palette is only mediocre, but it was well worth it for the orangey ones.

on 11/10/2016 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not keen on this....and I'm a huge fan of NYX products overall. I've tried and tried to make this palette work but the shades aren't all that and the texture is chalky. The pigmentation is hit-or-miss, they're not all equal. I've tried all the shades on their own and underneath various concealers and foundations. For reference I'm NC20 deep winter and have under eye bags and some dark circles. The peachy shades are not orange enough for correcting, they're too yellowy-beigey. The green, yellow and lavender ones are good tones/shades but again the texture and pigmentation is meh. This is not a terrible palette - it's ok if you just need a tiny bit of product - but IMO it's pricey considering the mediocre shades and quality.

on 10/29/2016 1:25:00 PM

This product broke me out, and the pigmentation is so poor, you can't cover anything. skip this

on 10/17/2016 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This product is so creamy it really glides on your face. The various shades offer a good dose of concealing for pretty much any type of skin disorder (I have occasional acne, have post acne scars and from time to time, dark circles). I have not used all of the colors as I think you'd use them based on what you want to conceal.
I think it's a genius little product, value for money and does the job.
As for the packaging, after I used it a few times, the lid would not close (lock) any longer. Overall, the packaging is simple and product is easy to use.