Maybelline New York Colorsensational Rebel Bloom in Coral Burst

No Image

This is a very pretty coral color that looks good with all hair colors! It's very wearable to go out. I would def buy again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is more of the color I was looking for when I bought "Shocking Coral" from the Color Sensational Vivids line, which turned out to be more of a hot pink than a coral. "Coral Burst" is more of a "true" coral that's a mix of orange and pink. I'm not sure if these Rebel Bloom lipsticks have a different formula from the rest of the Color Sensationals, because I feel like this is a more heavy-feeling formula than some of the other Color Sensationals. It took two applications with blotting in between to get a full opaque coat of color, so that might be why; it was a bit patchy with just one swipe on the lips, which is an issue I don't have with most of the Color Sensationals. I can really feel it there sitting on my lips. I do really like the color though.

Like the rest of the Color Sensationals, this lipstick has a faint vanilla-ish smell.

Packaging of the Color Sensational lipsticks is a metal inner tube with a square plastic lid. The lids of these are clear plastic, and come in several colors depending on the color group, but don't always match the lipstick inside. All the colors from the Rebel Bloom line are a light purplish-pink.

I'm saying I would buy it again, because it's the color I wanted, but I'm not crazy about how it feels so I am only giving it 4/5 lippies.

on 4/29/2015 6:22:00 PM

This lipstick is a really nice pink shade. The bullet looks very intimidating, but it goes on as a much more wearable pink color. My problem with it is that it CLINGS so badly to any patches on your lips. I have never had a lipstick cling so badly. Other than that, it is nice. Smells like all Maybelline lipsticks do, kind of like clay powder. Feels smooth. Doesn't bleed outside of the lines of your lips. I would recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The rebel bloom line is kind of uncomfortable on the lips. Almost heavy and suffocating. Very pretty colors but they look... Dry? These are a miss for me.

on 2/28/2015 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Coral burst is a satin medium bright coral lipstick. It goes smoothly on the lips. The formula is verry velvety on the lips. It last fairly long on the lips. I pair it with a coral lipgloss. Love it!