NYX Intense Butter Gloss (All)

NYX Intense Butter Gloss (All)
Intense Butter Gloss (All)Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.1

Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire D'abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcrystalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090).

on 10/26/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I typically stay away from glosses, but this is a pleasant surprise! I'm NC25 and I bought this in the shade Tres Leches and it is SO pretty. I looked up so many swatches before purchasing, and while it is a nude pink it definitely leans more pink in person with slight mauve undertones, but is relatively very natural looking. This gloss is SUPER pigmented (almost like applying liquid lipstick) so 99% of the time I have to take a paper towel and blot (yes, paper towel and not a tissue because this is SO sticky and will definitely cause little bits to stick). When I wear this I wear my hair up and out of my face because it's just a sticky mess when anything comes into contact with this gloss. I'm a sucker for the super saccharine vanilla scent. I probably wouldn't repurchase because I don't use it that frequently enough to go through multiple tubes, but for the price, rich pigment and color selection I'd say you don't have much to lose trying this out if you're in the market for a gloss!

on 6/28/2017 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i have this in shades cookie butter, tres leches, and toasted marshmallow. cool yellow-leaning-olive for undertone reference, and i'm about NC10. i don't have strong opinions about these one way or the other. i think the colors are super pretty, i dont mind the stickiness or longevity (which isn't spectacular but very easy to touch up due to the consistency), and they are exactly what the label describes them to be - more pigmented version of the regular butter glosses, which i adore.

toasted marshmallow is my favorite color in a lip product, but the color stains my lips in the weirdest way. it looks kind of ridiculous if you decide you dont want to wear anything on your lips anymore - the lip line left behind is really severe. it's not a pinky stain but almost just my own lip color. it looks so odd. but i didnt notice any streakiness or bleeding. it wore okay from 7am to 2pm when i took it off. i probably touched it up 4 or 5 times in that period, though each time i didnt have to add much. you do get darker lines of product building up around the edges of your lips as you wear these, though they stay pretty pigmented. TM never wore off completely when i had it on even though i had a few drinks and a large meal. it generally stayed looking decent, but it definitely looked better after touchups.

tres leches disappointed me colorwise. pinks tend to pull unflatteringly warm on me, and while i saw some photos on google that made it appear more neutral-warm, i should have known better. it doesn't look terrible on my complexion but i definitely have to wear it with a lot of other warm-toned makeup, which i don't usually wear. and cookie butter is just a nice base to mix toasted marshmallow into. i really like the look of gradient lips on me, so since the color is so similar to my own skin tone, it works very well as a background for other colors. but i wouldn't wear it alone...it looks wild that way lol. overall i dont regret my purchases entirely but i probably won't rush out to buy more. toasted marshmallow is the only one i find that i really enjoy, and even that one can be a bit high-maintenance to wear at times.

The most pigmented gloss I've ever tried. I have these shades:

- Spice Cake (magenta plum, my favorite one)
- Berry Strudel (bright candy purple)
- Summer Fruit (coral-orange pink)
- Oatmeal Raisin (brownish mauve)
- Black Cherry Tart (deep blackened maroon)
- Pink Macaroon (bright candy pink)

So these are indeed intense! The color you see on the applicator is the color that will translate onto your lips. I've never used such a pigmented gloss before, if you love gloss and pigmented lipstick, this is the best of both worlds.

The consistency is pretty thick. I prefer wiping a bit off the applicator and applying less of it, it's so pigmented that you don't need much. It doesn't feel that sticky to me but you definitely feel it. It has a slight vanilla smell which most nyx lip products seem to have, it's pleasant and not overwhelming.

Since it's a gloss, it does transfer everywhere. On your coffee cup, when you eat, kiss someone, etc. Although I've eaten before and still had some gloss left, so that was impressive. It's a gloss, I don't expect miracles, I know I'll be reapplying probably every 2-3 hours with this stuff haha. You may want to wear a lip liner with some of the more dramatic shades.

After the gloss wears off my lips feel soft and moisturized.

I like this a lot when I'm in the mood for glossy lips, they feel comfortable and come in a ton of shades. I plan to get more colors in the future.

on 5/11/2017 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

SHADE: tres leches #11, and the color is a neutral pink, my lips but better shade.
CONSISTENCY: It's a heavy, sticky, moisturizing and very opaque, the smell is sweet.
LONGEVITY: It lasts a good couple hours even when I'm eating/drinking.

I personally don't like how it looks with a full application. I use a little on top of a lip tint and it comes out really natural and pretty. I actually bought this by accident thinking it was the original butter gloss, but I'm still happy with it as the color is really my taste.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am already plotting my next purchase of these...I've always wanted to like lip gloss but I never like the lack of pigmentation..enter NYX Intense Butter Gloss...these are perfection. One issue I have though is the applicator. It is double sided and kind of floppy. It pulls out too much gloss and makes it hard to be precise. The gloss is worth the hassle but I'm just not sure what was behind NYX's concept on this applicator. Definitely a 👍🏻

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The product is very pigmented, although you may have to build up with darker colors, the product stays on for awhile. My only gripe is it bleeds and feels very tacky.

on 2/1/2017 11:12:00 PM

I am a huge fan of the original NYX Butter glosses. I initially wasn't interested in trying the Intense Butter Glosses but changed my mind after watching You Tube videos as they look so nice on the models. I only picked up three Chocolate Crepe, Toasted Marshmallow and Tres Leches on another trip. I had Chocolate Apple in my hand but opted to put it back as it appears to be nearly identical or very close to Raspberry Pavlova in the original butter gloss line which I already have.

These are a LOT more pigmented than the original butter glosses, one swipe and you have massive color and gloss. They have a nice cake smell, the applicator is a flat spatula like applicator rather than the doe foot of the original line. The spatula applicator is also flexible. I found these to go on very smooth, they are thicker but I didn't find them to be too heavy or sticky. Anything too sticky is a no go for me. I didn't find that with these at all.

I do like these and would definitely repurchase but unfortunately most of the shades are too intense for me, therefore my options are limited. Chocolate Crepe is a nice rich brown color, Tres Leches is a nice pinky nude color that reminds me a lot of Tiramisu from the original butter gloss line. Toasted Marshmallow is a very nice shade but too dark and purple for me. While the shades are quite different looking in the tube, the actual swatch of Toasted Marshmallow reminded me a bit of Devils Food Cake from the original line.

Overall, I give these 4 and a half stars. I like the original butter glosses a teeny bit more. The beauty with those is they are sheer but buildable if you choose, I almost prefer them to be a little more sheer. With the intense butter gloss, it's a bolt of color, bam in your face. I will say NYX has lots of great colors in both butter gloss lines, as well as the butter lipsticks. Even if all of their shades don't quite work for me, I am really impressed with the products of theirs that I have tried. There is something for everyone. I am glad that I tried these.

ETA - I have worn these a little bit in the past few days. I find the applicator neat but for me it pulls out too much product, if I swipe only one side of the applicator it's an overdose of gloss for me. I find it works better if I wipe some of the product on the top before applying, then it's not as much. I also read another review that using a clear or lighter gloss on top will sheer it out a little bit. I tried that and it worked well, I have to blot the top layer off but it lightens it up a little and actually makes a nice color. For example I used Jordana's lip gloss in Caramelo over the top of Chocolate Crepe, it sheered it out to be more bronzey than brown. I thought it looked nice! And not as intense which actually looked a little better on me. Sometimes it's fun to create your own custom colors! If I wear it on it's own I just have to make sure I don't put a ton on and blot a wee bit if necessary.

These are a definite repurchase for me, but the trick for me is to just use a little bit, too much and it's overkill.
I really like Chocolate Crepe and Tres Leches, just another product to add to my NYX lippie stash!

on 11/30/2016 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA: 9.2017 - I pretty much am obsessed with Cookie Butter. It's like the perfect Kardashian glossy nude lip. I love that I can apply a little bit on my bottom lip (like - BARELY dot it across) and rub my lips together and BOOM - a beautiful glossy nude. It's not sticky, the smell is yummy and the formula is great. I grabbed a second one this weekend so I can have it on at all times.
-----------------------------------------------------

I prefer the regular NYX Butter Glosses to these - but only ordered three of the intense, since I could tell from swatches online that they were a little darker than the regular butter glosses.

I think these are overkill. The colors I got (Cookie Butter, Cinnamon Roll, Chocolate Apple) were all really milky looking. Even if they were dark. The deep color with the gloss just made them a bit overwhelming - even as a nude. Cookie Butter is a nude - but comes off very milky white - which I knew might happen. Cinnamon Roll is like rubbing a chocolate bar litterally on your lips - brown with no red. I love that - but the color is so intensely thick, it's hard to think about wearing any of these colors in every day without making a mess of your face. They are almost like Halloween makeup. Chocolate Apple was a huge disappointment - the color was NOT at all what I thought it would be (compared to the other two I got - which the swatches online were correct). Chocolate Apple was more pink berry toned, and had NO brown tones. On my skin, it looked like the gloss had BLUE tones, if anything.

What I'm doing with the 2 intense glosses I kept (I already donated Chocolate Apple) - I plan to wear them with a clear gloss to weaken the extreme milky colorwash. When I applied a clear gloss to my bottom lip and then the intense color gloss to just my top - then mixed the two with my lips together - the color was GREAT. Cookie Butter looked like a Kardashian/Jenner nude and Cinnamon Roll was like a "my lips but better" since I love brown. The clear gloss made the colors so much more wearable for every day. However, if you love intense colors - then by all means - this is for you! I love the regular Butter glosses more.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own this in Tres Leches. Tres Leches is the exact color of my lips. It gives them a nice glossy look without being too bright. The only real downside is the stickiness - my hair gets caught in it in the wind. But this tube lasted me a long time. It's an amazing buy for the price. The only downside is that my local Ulta always seems to be perpetually out of it in Tres Leches :(

on 1/27/2017 5:25:00 PM

I like these lip glosses. I have the shade peanut brittle and tres leches. Pros of these glosses: smell gorgeous, very opaque, nice colours, feels ok on lips, affordable. Cons of these glosses: fairly sticky.