NYX Professional Makeup Intense Butter Gloss (All)

NYX Professional Makeup Intense Butter Gloss (All)
Intense Butter Gloss (All)Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire D'abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcrystalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Just another return to transferable messy lip gunk. My matte cover girl might dry my lips a bit, but reapplying the moisture gloss is so much more convenient than wiping away smeared lip color after eating. What a nightmare!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Can be worn as a stain, giving the effect of a creamy lipstick or can be worn as an opaque looking product. It is a little bit sticky and you should wear lip pencil underneath if your lips are chapped, since it will settle in fine lines otherwise.

on 4/30/2018 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Tres Leches. I was initially going to pick up a replacement for my beloved Butter Gloss in Tiramisu but I saw these and saw that Tres Leches looked very similar I decided to give it a try. It looks amazing! Very pigmented and quite comfortable on the lips, provided you don't overapply.

on 10/26/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I typically stay away from glosses, but this is a pleasant surprise! I'm NC25 and I bought this in the shade Tres Leches and it is SO pretty. I looked up so many swatches before purchasing, and while it is a nude pink it definitely leans more pink in person with slight mauve undertones, but is relatively very natural looking. This gloss is SUPER pigmented (almost like applying liquid lipstick) so 99% of the time I have to take a paper towel and blot (yes, paper towel and not a tissue because this is SO sticky and will definitely cause little bits to stick). When I wear this I wear my hair up and out of my face because it's just a sticky mess when anything comes into contact with this gloss. I'm a sucker for the super saccharine vanilla scent. I probably wouldn't repurchase because I don't use it that frequently enough to go through multiple tubes, but for the price, rich pigment and color selection I'd say you don't have much to lose trying this out if you're in the market for a gloss!

on 6/28/2017 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i have this in shades cookie butter, tres leches, and toasted marshmallow. cool yellow-leaning-olive for undertone reference, and i'm about NC10. i don't have strong opinions about these one way or the other. i think the colors are super pretty, i dont mind the stickiness or longevity (which isn't spectacular but very easy to touch up due to the consistency), and they are exactly what the label describes them to be - more pigmented version of the regular butter glosses, which i adore.

toasted marshmallow is my favorite color in a lip product, but the color stains my lips in the weirdest way. it looks kind of ridiculous if you decide you dont want to wear anything on your lips anymore - the lip line left behind is really severe. it's not a pinky stain but almost just my own lip color. it looks so odd. but i didnt notice any streakiness or bleeding. it wore okay from 7am to 2pm when i took it off. i probably touched it up 4 or 5 times in that period, though each time i didnt have to add much. you do get darker lines of product building up around the edges of your lips as you wear these, though they stay pretty pigmented. TM never wore off completely when i had it on even though i had a few drinks and a large meal. it generally stayed looking decent, but it definitely looked better after touchups.

tres leches disappointed me colorwise. pinks tend to pull unflatteringly warm on me, and while i saw some photos on google that made it appear more neutral-warm, i should have known better. it doesn't look terrible on my complexion but i definitely have to wear it with a lot of other warm-toned makeup, which i don't usually wear. and cookie butter is just a nice base to mix toasted marshmallow into. i really like the look of gradient lips on me, so since the color is so similar to my own skin tone, it works very well as a background for other colors. but i wouldn't wear it alone...it looks wild that way lol. overall i dont regret my purchases entirely but i probably won't rush out to buy more. toasted marshmallow is the only one i find that i really enjoy, and even that one can be a bit high-maintenance to wear at times.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The product is very pigmented, although you may have to build up with darker colors, the product stays on for awhile. My only gripe is it bleeds and feels very tacky.

The most pigmented gloss I've ever tried. I have these shades:

- Spice Cake (magenta plum, my favorite one)
- Berry Strudel (bright candy purple)
- Summer Fruit (coral-orange pink)
- Oatmeal Raisin (brownish mauve)
- Black Cherry Tart (deep blackened maroon)
- Pink Macaroon (bright candy pink)

So these are indeed intense! The color you see on the applicator is the color that will translate onto your lips. I've never used such a pigmented gloss before, if you love gloss and pigmented lipstick, this is the best of both worlds.

The consistency is pretty thick. I prefer wiping a bit off the applicator and applying less of it, it's so pigmented that you don't need much. It doesn't feel that sticky to me but you definitely feel it. It has a slight vanilla smell which most nyx lip products seem to have, it's pleasant and not overwhelming.

Since it's a gloss, it does transfer everywhere. On your coffee cup, when you eat, kiss someone, etc. Although I've eaten before and still had some gloss left, so that was impressive. It's a gloss, I don't expect miracles, I know I'll be reapplying probably every 2-3 hours with this stuff haha. You may want to wear a lip liner with some of the more dramatic shades.

After the gloss wears off my lips feel soft and moisturized.

I like this a lot when I'm in the mood for glossy lips, they feel comfortable and come in a ton of shades. I plan to get more colors in the future.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am already plotting my next purchase of these...I've always wanted to like lip gloss but I never like the lack of pigmentation..enter NYX Intense Butter Gloss...these are perfection. One issue I have though is the applicator. It is double sided and kind of floppy. It pulls out too much gloss and makes it hard to be precise. The gloss is worth the hassle but I'm just not sure what was behind NYX's concept on this applicator. Definitely a 👍🏻

on 5/11/2017 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

SHADE: tres leches #11, and the color is a neutral pink, my lips but better shade.
CONSISTENCY: It's a heavy, sticky, moisturizing and very opaque, the smell is sweet.
LONGEVITY: It lasts a good couple hours even when I'm eating/drinking.

I personally don't like how it looks with a full application. I use a little on top of a lip tint and it comes out really natural and pretty. I actually bought this by accident thinking it was the original butter gloss, but I'm still happy with it as the color is really my taste.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own this in Tres Leches. Tres Leches is the exact color of my lips. It gives them a nice glossy look without being too bright. The only real downside is the stickiness - my hair gets caught in it in the wind. But this tube lasted me a long time. It's an amazing buy for the price. The only downside is that my local Ulta always seems to be perpetually out of it in Tres Leches :(