L.A. Girl Pro BB Cream

3.5

on 7/25/2018 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I wanted a BB cream on a few occasions, but I have heard many bad reviews about BB creams in general, but I still decided to give this one a go! This formula is very breathable and stays on well after I do some sports and as a student, it gives a really good amount of coverage and I found the perfect match for my skin tone so easily.

Love this product so much. 100% recommend this to anyone who is on a budget, easy to use, and everyday:)

on 4/10/2018 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This BB Cream applies nicely and provides great coverage and is perfectly affordable BUT after using it daily for several weeks then not using it for months, I can say it ruins my skin! It breaks me out and the areas that do not break out are irritated after I remove it. I'm pretty sure the ingredients are too blame and I know better but the rave reviews and low price made it hard to resist. Tossing it and will not buy this again. Kudos to them on a wide color range though.

Would be HG but at last I still can't find my shade. The lightest seems to be around NC/NW25-30.

Besides that, this does blend like a dream and my dehydrated skin loves it. If they had more shades this would be a HG product for me.

I LOVE THIS! Perfect for natural makeup.

Out of all the foundations (I know this is a bb cream, but the coverage makes it seem like a foundation) I own, my LA Girl BB cream seeps into my lines the least. I have a pretty deep line in my forehead where I always notices foundations tend to settle, and it can be quite obvious. But with this, I have to really, REALLY look, to notice it settling.

The coverage can be sheered out to light, or built up to medium, depending on mode of application. I find that using my fingers or a brush gives the most coverage, whilst a sponge gives less coverage.

It doesn't really 'control' oils per say, but it doesn't make me any oilier than I already am. I like the finish as well, it's quite natural, and you can't really see it sitting on top of the skin.

My only critique is I wish the hole was a little smaller. It can be easy to accidentally squeeze out too much product. Or sometimes if you forget to screw on the cap, some foundation can leak out. But it's really not that big a deal.

Overall: I would definitely reccommend. Love this. Would totally repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It does the job at a pinch.

on 11/11/2016 8:22:00 AM

I was so desperate in finding the perfect bb cream for my skin, because the last two bb cream that i tried broke me out so badly (one is garnier and the other is a local brand from my country). And then i came across this. I bought this without looking for the review, since the la girl concealer received so many good review so i thought maybe this one would be just as good. And hell yes it is! I have it in the shade neutral, and it matches me perfectly. I thought it would be too light when i first squeeze it out the tube, but when i apply it it looks perfect.

Okay so, first of all, it looks really good on my skin! It gives a little bit of coverage, and looks so friggin natural, unlike my two other bb cream. It doesn't emphasize my pores and fine lines, and it doesn't cling to the dry patches around my mouth. Basically it looks like my natural skin, but flawless, if that make sense? And second of all, it didn't break me out. I've been using it for like 3 months, and it's still doing great. My two other bb cream broke me out within a week of use.

It last almost all day on my skin, and i didn't even use a primer, ans sometimes not even a mosturizer. (side note: i'm a muslim so i have to pray at least twice during the day, and it also requires me washing my face with water. Even after that the bb cream is still on and only faded a little bit). As for application, i find that it sits better on my skin if i use my finger to spread it all over my face before pressing it in with a sponge. Sometimes i'd set it with powder, sometimes i don't. And it doesn't really give much difference.

One last thing, it looks good on photography, with or without the flash. So yeah, i would most definitely repurchase!

on 10/29/2016 10:11:00 PM

I purchased this off of drugstore.com for around $5 USD. I got the shade light/medium which has a nice yellow undertone that works for me. I wasn't expecting much from this. I ordered it to qualify for free shipping. I was surprised at how much I've enjoyed using it! This bb cream has a light, dewy finish that feels undetectable on the skin. Coverage is light but builds to medium if desired. I find this wears extremely well. I can get a good 8-10 hours especially if I set with powder and use a setting spray. So glad I purchased this. It's great for everyday wear. I definitely recommend it!

on 10/27/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

i have this in the shade neutral and it's the perfect shade for me. the coverage is pretty nice and sheer but still be able to cover most of my dark spots, the veins on my cheeks, and the redness all around my face. i wear this on daily basis because it is really lightweight and every time i wear this i feel like i'm not wearing anything on my skin. the texture is great, really easy to blend with fingers or with a beauty blender.
this bb cream has a little more of a dewy finish, but i always set it with powder because i want more of a matte finish. after 6-7 hours my face starts to get oily. for me the staying power is pretty good considering my face is really oily and i live in a humid country. so far i'm pretty happy with this bb cream since every korean bb cream only last me for about 4 hours and my face turns into a glazed donut. i will repurchase this unless i find a better lightweight bb cream for oily skin with matte finish.

Review for LA Girl BB Cream in Fair and LA Girl Skin Perfecting Liquid in Beige.

Was extremely excited when I ordered these items, mainly due to the very cheap prices and my conclusion that these products must be good considering reading up on reviews and via YouTube. FYI: I also own high end foundation which I love but still wanted to venture out.

LA Girl BB Cream:
I chose my shade based on swatches online but in reality, these shades I've selected are exactly what their name is. A Youtube reviewer showed that although labelled Fair, it comes out very yellow based and the other shades are pinky/beige. In reality, this was not the case and Fair is indeed very pink/beige undertone. Looking back, I would had purchased Medium.

I tested this product on my forehead, it disappointed me because it accentuated a bunch of dry patches that I didn't think existed nor had a problem of it before (only happens if I'm wearing the wrong foundation, used to think it was my skin but really it is the foundation).

As of that, I don't think I see myself touching this foundation ever again. Maybe great for oily skin gals?

LA Girl Skin Perfecting Liquid:
Okay, so this is obviously a dupe for MUFE Face & Body Foundation. (Which I own and love). In terms of price, packaging, performance, this is certainly a winner in its own right. If you are looking for a dupe version, then this is it.

Differences are . . .
LA Girl vs MUFE
£4 / £27

No oils / added oil

Added vitamins / no vitamins

Both have undetectable skin like coverage

Although LA Girl has slight speckle of glitter on it which really isn't my fancy. It also takes much longer to work on to the skin but no different from other foundations. MUFE works quite quickly.

I still like my MUFE F&B overall, partly because I feel secure with it after using it for a while so I'm aware of its reliable performance. It also contains silicone which is handy for my textured skin.

on 5/26/2016 4:11:00 AM

Perfect for dry skin. It have minimal coverage and I like it.