L.A. Girl Pro BB Cream

No Image

3.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It does the job at a pinch.

on 11/11/2016 8:22:00 AM

I was so desperate in finding the perfect bb cream for my skin, because the last two bb cream that i tried broke me out so badly (one is garnier and the other is a local brand from my country). And then i came across this. I bought this without looking for the review, since the la girl concealer received so many good review so i thought maybe this one would be just as good. And hell yes it is! I have it in the shade neutral, and it matches me perfectly. I thought it would be too light when i first squeeze it out the tube, but when i apply it it looks perfect.

Okay so, first of all, it looks really good on my skin! It gives a little bit of coverage, and looks so friggin natural, unlike my two other bb cream. It doesn't emphasize my pores and fine lines, and it doesn't cling to the dry patches around my mouth. Basically it looks like my natural skin, but flawless, if that make sense? And second of all, it didn't break me out. I've been using it for like 3 months, and it's still doing great. My two other bb cream broke me out within a week of use.

It last almost all day on my skin, and i didn't even use a primer, ans sometimes not even a mosturizer. (side note: i'm a muslim so i have to pray at least twice during the day, and it also requires me washing my face with water. Even after that the bb cream is still on and only faded a little bit). As for application, i find that it sits better on my skin if i use my finger to spread it all over my face before pressing it in with a sponge. Sometimes i'd set it with powder, sometimes i don't. And it doesn't really give much difference.

One last thing, it looks good on photography, with or without the flash. So yeah, i would most definitely repurchase!

on 10/29/2016 10:11:00 PM

I purchased this off of drugstore.com for around $5 USD. I got the shade light/medium which has a nice yellow undertone that works for me. I wasn't expecting much from this. I ordered it to qualify for free shipping. I was surprised at how much I've enjoyed using it! This bb cream has a light, dewy finish that feels undetectable on the skin. Coverage is light but builds to medium if desired. I find this wears extremely well. I can get a good 8-10 hours especially if I set with powder and use a setting spray. So glad I purchased this. It's great for everyday wear. I definitely recommend it!

Review for LA Girl BB Cream in Fair and LA Girl Skin Perfecting Liquid in Beige.

Was extremely excited when I ordered these items, mainly due to the very cheap prices and my conclusion that these products must be good considering reading up on reviews and via YouTube. FYI: I also own high end foundation which I love but still wanted to venture out.

LA Girl BB Cream:
I chose my shade based on swatches online but in reality, these shades I've selected are exactly what their name is. A Youtube reviewer showed that although labelled Fair, it comes out very yellow based and the other shades are pinky/beige. In reality, this was not the case and Fair is indeed very pink/beige undertone. Looking back, I would had purchased Medium.

I tested this product on my forehead, it disappointed me because it accentuated a bunch of dry patches that I didn't think existed nor had a problem of it before (only happens if I'm wearing the wrong foundation, used to think it was my skin but really it is the foundation).

As of that, I don't think I see myself touching this foundation ever again. Maybe great for oily skin gals?

LA Girl Skin Perfecting Liquid:
Okay, so this is obviously a dupe for MUFE Face & Body Foundation. (Which I own and love). In terms of price, packaging, performance, this is certainly a winner in its own right. If you are looking for a dupe version, then this is it.

Differences are . . .
LA Girl vs MUFE
£4 / £27

No oils / added oil

Added vitamins / no vitamins

Both have undetectable skin like coverage

Although LA Girl has slight speckle of glitter on it which really isn't my fancy. It also takes much longer to work on to the skin but no different from other foundations. MUFE works quite quickly.

I still like my MUFE F&B overall, partly because I feel secure with it after using it for a while so I'm aware of its reliable performance. It also contains silicone which is handy for my textured skin.

on 5/26/2016 4:11:00 AM

Perfect for dry skin. It have minimal coverage and I like it.

on 10/27/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

i have this in the shade neutral and it's the perfect shade for me. the coverage is pretty nice and sheer but still be able to cover most of my dark spots, the veins on my cheeks, and the redness all around my face. i wear this on daily basis because it is really lightweight and every time i wear this i feel like i'm not wearing anything on my skin. the texture is great, really easy to blend with fingers or with a beauty blender.
this bb cream has a little more of a dewy finish, but i always set it with powder because i want more of a matte finish. after 6-7 hours my face starts to get oily. for me the staying power is pretty good considering my face is really oily and i live in a humid country. so far i'm pretty happy with this bb cream since every korean bb cream only last me for about 4 hours and my face turns into a glazed donut. i will repurchase this unless i find a better lightweight bb cream for oily skin with matte finish.

on 1/21/2016 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My skin shade: NC 10-15
Product color I used: Fair

I'm surprised at the low ratings -- I really like this foundation, though I think calling it a BB cream is off the mark. I am a fan of Korean BB creams, and find that most contain a good amount of SPF to protect the skin. This contains no SPF.

But it's the middle of winter in the dry high desert, and my oily skin has turned dry, patchy and sensitive as heck. Even my usual BB cream was looking dry on me. All I wanted was a simple, even-coverage foundation that is non-irritating and easy to spread across my skin -- more like a nicely pigmented tinted moisturizer.

This is great in that regard! I rarely finish a foundation before it goes bad, but I am in fact finishing this one now. The pigmentation is great, and it's easy to blend with my fingertips. The formulation is on the watery-ish side, which works well for smooth, quick application. It doesn't irritate my skin and gives a really lovely finish. I also really like the tube, as it is sanitary and a very easily portable, as opposed to a glass bottle. It's about $5 US online, which is a great buy.

I left off one lippie on the overall rating because of the lack of SPF (though SPF could possibly make it more irritating?) Still, I can always add sun protection with moisturizer and/or powder as needed. And the lack of SPF might make this ideal for night-time events where flash photos are taken. In all, I really like this foundation overall and will definitely purchase it again soon before I run out.

on 1/3/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on this product.My skin is normally oily but at the moment it's on the drier side due to chemical peels. I find this makes an excellent lightweight foundation and gives a dewy finish but as I do with any foundation, I set it with powder and it lasts all day for me.

For reference my skin tone is NC42 and the best match for me is GBB945 'Medium'. The medium is not quite as yellow as I'd like but I can work with it just fine. I also find it gives nice buildable coverage but that could be because I stipple it on with a flat top kabuki brush (something similar to the Sigma F80). So far I'm very happy with it and will repurchase when I run out.

on 12/30/2015 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

it is an ok product for me, hard to find in my country unless from ols, i got mine in neutral that came out too light but i can still pull it off considering it sheerness, it blurs my spider web veins on my cheek, very light coverage on acne spot, but is pretty good considering it gives me a light coverage for daily look, been using it for a month and no break out so far, it is paraben free, smells kinda funny-it is fragrance free, possibly smells from the ingredient-but i like it, i'm oily and it does nothing to oil control my skin, i have to wear primer for longer wear, if they make a version for oily skin and great range

on 3/11/2016 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in the shade 'Medium' and it suits me perfectly.
I used the real techniques miracle sponge to apply the product to my face and the finish is great. The texture is very liquidy and gives sheer coverage. It feels really light on the face. I will set it with a powder as I prefer matte finish.

I live in Singapore and most of the time it's super humid and hot.
I wore it during work in an air-conditioned environment and it lasts throughout the day with just a bit of shine on my t-zone and I love it cuz it looks dewy-like.

Over the weekend, I wore this bb cream and it oxidizes so bad! Probably because I was out under the sun and sweating away, therefore it didn't last. I could feel the cream just melt and felt sticky on my face.

I still will buy it again but will wear only during work or for a night out when I do not want to wear heavy make up.