rms beauty Tinted "Un" Powder

4.3

Translucent (untinted): Silica, MicaTinted: Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

WORD OF WARNING. SEPTEMBER 2017.

The new powders contain mica! Why they have changed a great powder is something I'm not sure of. SHAME ON YOU RMS.

Old powders contain Silica only in the ingredients. The old powders are in frosted packaging. If your packaging is smooth and shiny then you have the new ones containing mica. Double check the ingredients at the bottom of the packaging.

The old powders were gggggrrreaaat!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I made a makeup alley account to review this powder because I felt it needed an honest one!

This powder causes the worst flashback I have seen, it looks like ghostly in pictures and you can clearly see where you've applied. Definitely not good for a night out/worth the price!

That being said, this powder does keep my face very matte throughout the day and required minimum touch ups. Considering I have oily skin, this is a massive bonus. So I would recommend only using this powder during the day or if you are going to take pictures without flash!

If you're looking for an excellent setting powder without flashback that is also affordable definitely look into RMCA translucent powders. They're really good, last ages and very cheap!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This powder is intrinsic to setting the Uncover foundation/concealer. It is soft silica powder which doesn't show up but just sets the Uncover perfectly. I have it in untinted and it is totally different than other powders I own. Package is smaller than other powders I have but I only need a little each time I use it so it should last a while. It's a simple product but works very well with the Uncover.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have the 'translucent' version of this powder.

I bought this in Canada (if any other Canadians are interested, Shoppers Drug Mart Murale boutiques sell RMS beauty products). After I ran out of my usual powder (Laura Mercier), I decided to give this a go after seeing so many reviews on YouTube. I would classify my skin as fairly oily, but dry in some areas due to acne-treatments. I found this powder to be WAY to drying on my skin. It highlighted every single dry area. Plus, I didn't find it keeps oil at bay for any longer than usual.

I paid approx. $42 CAD for this powder, which isn't too bad but honestly this seemed like something I could have found at the drugstore for much, much cheeper.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use the un-tinted version. Very good powder, I'm impressed. Keeps my terribly oily skin shine-free for the longest time. I tried a lot of powders throughout the years (Bourjois, Make Up for Ever, MAC, ELF) and this one beats them all hands down.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased this powder because I was nervous about whether the translucent powder would register ashy on my dark tan skin tone. It has now become my favorite powder to set the face. I wear 55 in the Un Cover-Up and the shade 3-4 in the powder works well for me. It does a great job at controlling oil but never leaves my face looking powdery. I do not use it under my eyes to "bake", as I prefer a translucent or yellow-tinted powder for that technique. My only complaint is that the jar is pretty small, especially compared to, well, every other loose powder I have ever purchased.

In the end, once I run out I plan on either purchasing this again or seeing how the translucent powder works for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I share the same sentiments as mediumcola below.
Unpowder is amazing and it a staple in my make up bag. Tinted unpowder is equally amazing. I use it to set my rms uncover up on my forehead, chin, and nose. My skin is oily and this helps prolong my foundation. I tend to use the classic unpowder for my concealer, and cheeks for an extra glow.
Unpowder is not heavy, it blends well and it has a beautiful finish. No heavy matte finish and no white cast on the skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Oily-skinned women of the world - rejoice! This is your HG product. Let me sing its praises:

1) Cruelty free
2) Vegan
3) One ingredient - ONE ingredient only!
4) Soaks up sebum like nothing else on the planet!

I am at the blotting papers by 9 am most days, 2 hours after putting on makeup. With the UnPowder, I don't blot ALL DAY. Yes, there's a little shine poking through but it looks natural and refined, not like a shiny oil slick.

There are of course drawbacks and here they are:

1) hard to find - in Toronto I found it at the Detox Market only
2) a little bit more expensive than other high end powders for the quantity you get - but again, what it does to sebum is absolutely miraculous.

I treat this like a precious commodity and wear it only on some days, because I have a lot of other powders I need to use up. I have every high-end blotting and mattifying powder you can think of, this is how I got to be a Sephora VIB Rouge! However, the UnPowder is UnBelievably better. I also like the MUFE HD powder, but - and it's a big issue with me now - MUFE is tested on animals. Not cool.

The UnPowder, not being tested on animals, makes it my Holy Grail of Sebum-Sucking Power Tools.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the RMS Tinted "Un"powder in shade 2-3 and use the "un"cover-up in 22. This powder is so beautifully soft and fine it blew my mind! The color doesn't really show up that much so if you're looking for coverage, this might not be the product for you. It is a mattifying finishing powder which works wonders at making skin look baby smooth. I do not have particularly oily skin and do prefer a dewy, glowy look on a daily basis, so I prefer to use this under my eyes and my T-zone with a setting brush. It helps with the oily texture of the "un"cover-up, which can crease on oilier days, without feeling or looking cakey at all. I love that it is a no-nonsense product that doesn't make me feel like I have makeup on!

This is my Holy Grail! Amazing at keeping oil at bay and doesn't have flash back! It makes my skin feel so soft and gifts it a natural look. I haven't had any cake. However, be careful to close the lid completely or it will make a huge mess!