Maybelline Face Studio Master Prime Blur + Illuminate

Maybelline Face Studio Master Prime Blur + Illuminate

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate - 7.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Octyldodecanol, Stearic Acid, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Palmitic Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Methylparaben, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Fragrance, Ethylparaben, Capryloyl, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Sodium Palmitoyl Proline, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Prunus Cerasus Extract (Bitter Cherry Extract), Rosa Centifolia Extract (Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract), Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Red 4, Yellow 5

on 11/8/2017 6:21:00 PM

Overall I found that this didn't do much for my makeup and is better off used with a setting spray under it. PROS: It did make my foundation last longer, but only if paired with a setting spray underneath it. There is no weird smell to it like most primers have. It also didn't make my face oily or ruin the look of my foundation. CONS: The consistency is very sticky and tacky. It feels and looks like you are putting glue on your face. It also made the foundation on my nose not stick as well and made it look very patchy. I recommend using this with a spray and avoid putting it on your nose.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Horrifying! This absolutely does not work on fair skin. It has an iridescent pink and purple sheen that was really noticeable. I looked like a purple/pink tin man. It made me look really oily and shiny as well.

This is kinda only OK as a primer, but I will continue to buy it because it's SPF 30 (most moisturizer is only 15) and doesn't leave that horrible greasy sunscreen feel. It's worth it for that alone!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

First i want to say that no where on this product are the words matte, for oily skin, or shine free.
That being said, i am hopelessly pale with dry, dull skin and I feel like that's who this would benefit most. It does say you can wear it alone but i don't know why you would. It really livened up my face, even after foundation. It helped keep makeup on. You don't need a lot, it's relatively cheap and you get a good amount. It doesn't give me the powdery feel like Hard Candy, but i don't think it feels terrible as a first step. I'd try all 3.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This primer is almost impossible to like. The illuminate part makes you shine like a deranged beacon. The only use I see in this primer is as an eyelid primer and even that didn't keep my eyeshadow from creasing.

on 4/30/2017 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin so Iike something that doesn't make my skin feel greasy or oily. I wanted to try a primer to help my foundation hold up a little more during the day so I invested in this one. I've only used it once so my review may change, however for starters it feels like I'm putting suncreen on my skin, almost. I can just feel it on my face, if that makes sense. As I said before I will continue using it through the week to see if my opinion changes, but the only complaint right now is how it feels on my face.

on 10/13/2016 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Someone else here said this and I would like to repeat it: "What is the use of this product?" I have oily skin so if glow means shiny, I don't like it. I put this on and the shine was a huge turn off. Blurring the flaws? No way! My skin flaws were more noticeable with this. So to make the matter worse, I put on my foundation but didn't see any glow. If the purpose of wearing a primer is to keep the makeup intact, this failed miserably. So this ain't for me!

on 7/26/2016 3:28:00 PM

I don't understand the purpose of this product. I was assuming it would make my (huge) pores less noticeable, reduce my oil, or at least give me a bit of a glow, but it did none of these things -- really, it just gave me a bit of glimmery shine, that - if anything - made my pores seem even bigger: NOT what I need in my t-zone! This could be one of those cases where I misunderstood what the product was supposed to do or wasn't the target demographic -- maybe someone with good skin already would feel more glamorous with this applied. But when I hear "primer" I think of creating a smooth canvas, and this was too thin to achieve that, and as I said, not matte. Plus, I got a big zit the only time I wore it. Could be coincidence (I'm using other new products at the same time), but it went in the trash. Luckily, it was cheap!

on 7/29/2016 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very nice product. It is smooth and glides over the skin so easily. A little goes a long way so start with a tiny amount and add only if you need it. I was surprised by how far a little amount spread. It does give off a slightly pinky tone on the skin. However, it sinks in, and when you apply something else over it, i.e. BB cream or foundation, whatever, you don't see the pinky tone anymore. It is slightly shiny and luminous but not glittery. I think it extended the life of my make up. Great price. I recommend it.

I like this primer so much. the subtle pink tint just does so well in brightening up the complexion. it also has spf 30 that i would sometimes use on its own. the other 2 priners in this line doesn't have spf.
this primer is very moisturizing.
i don't notice that this helps to extend makeup's wear time, but i dont use it for that purpose. i like to use it to give my skin a nice glow or to mix in with my bb creams/foundations.

this is a chemical sunscreen so if you are sensitive, u might need to avoid this product