3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Pomegranate scent is mild and not overbearing. The results: full, somewhat flyaway and definitely volume, soft hair. I paired it with the conditioner. You can't beat the price, about five bucks each and it was on sale at CVS. I like a lot of the Garnier products. I think you get decent results for little money: my regular shampoo is not noticeably better at three times as much, so why spend the money? Add some hairspray for the flyaways and you have a reasonably good haircare that won't break the bank. I recently started doing my own color, too. I save a hundred bucks a month and there is no need to spend so much unless you enjoy it. I tried a few other Garnier shampoos, all are very good.

About reviewer (246 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

So I haven't reviewed an item in a while but this line from Garnier is actually really good so I wanted to share. I'm always skeptical of the results most hair care products claim to provide and I actually just bought this because of the scent and the fact that it didn't break me out. Color me surprised when I noticed it actually working. My hair isn't a LOT thicker than it used to be, but I definitely notice a difference in my ponytails and how long it takes to dry. Bottom line, I'll be buying this line over and over until my hair gets tired of the formula. It smells amazing, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and actually delivers on promises. Love it.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

This is my second time buying this shampoo (big bottle). I love the Guava candy scent. It leaves my hair very soft and manageable. Doesn't give much volume but that's ok because I have super thick hair anyway. :)

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I have very fine hair and am always looking for the next best drugstore brand VOLUMIZING shampoo. This is NOT it. I don't see signs of any volume (Suave is actually better AND cheaper) and my fly aways/static is out of control. My hair feels too soft and limp and I didn't even use conditioner! I do not recommend this for volume - period.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

1.0
from

5 years ago

I don't usually go for Garnier hair products because they make my hair so oily so quickly, I can only last a day before I have to wash my hair again which I don't like, so I think the full and plush line must have been aimed at people like me who seem to have that issue with them. I was tempted to try this when it first came out, but luckily the other day I was given a free sample of the shampoo and conditioner so this is a review for both of them. After I used this when my hair had dried, it did have volume, but not really in a good way, it just looked a bit stripped and fluffy and all the little flyaways were sticking out and it felt quite brittle, but I figured usually the day after I wash my hair, once I've slept on it, it looks better so I was hoping I'd be a bit more happy with the results in the morning. Nope, that wasn't the case, it was a bit of a mess in the morning, it had volume, but again not in a good way, it looked a bit like scarecrow hair, bits were sticking out all over the place and I had to pretty much try and flatten it down because it was just messy. It was still dry, it was still brittle, I was snapping my hair trying to brush it, and what I realised was it was like what your hair would be if you just washed it with a relatively harsh shampoo and then didn't use conditioner, that's what it looked and felt like to me, and I should add that I did use a lot of conditioner so that wasn't the reason why. So yeah, I'm glad I didn't buy the full bottles, it's also made my head itchy because it seems to have dried it out so much, so I don't think I'll be using Garnier hair products any time soon.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

I got the two big bottles of shampoo and onditiomer (one of each) I luv it so much, that I use it daily......Instantly thicker with style, volume, vavoom, and ooomph to my hair. it really works wonder. vvvvodobly thicker and full of life Very floral smells as well.Good luck.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

This shampoo is supposed to fill hair with thickness from an ingredient called Fibra-Cylane. It does not. No volume or thickening whatsoever from this product. Has a sweet, tart candy scent. The matching conditioner is a disaster also.

About reviewer (3102 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

5 years ago

I recently invested in Garnier Full and Plush shampoo and conditioner. After cutting my hair, I realized just how thin and limp my hair actually is. While I do love my cut, my hair can really use some volume to amplify the look of the cut and my round face in between salon visits. Desperately seeking reasonably priced over the counter hair products to add body and volume, I made a trip to Walgreens and purchased the Garnier products. I had high hopes, but the products did not deliver on all of its claims. After one use, my hair was softer, shinier, less frizzy, and manageable. Those are all great results from the Garnier products, but I get those results from my Design Essentials products. What I needed was the body and volume Garnier Full and Plush shampoo and conditioner promise. I also needed the expansion of each hair strand to plump and volumize the hair all around that Garnier promised, but I did not get any of the plumping, volumizing, or hair expansion. No volume. No body. No expansion. Just clean, fresh, shiny, soft, limp, flat hair. I plan to use large clipless rollers to try and add the body and volume that Garnier neglected to deliver and move on to other volumizing products. The search continues. In the meantime, don't waste your money on the full and plush line.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark

HairBlack

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I picked this (as well as the conditioner and the leave-in Ends Plumper) up a few weeks ago because I was looking for something to give my fine hair a boost at the roots. I've been co-washing for the last year, and while I love that my hair isn't as dry and damaged-looking, my roots have been rather lackluster and seem to have given up on ever having any volume. I had tried other Garnier products before and liked them, so I thought I would give this a whirl. I really like this line! I have been alternating this with co-washing, using the Full and Plush about every two to three days, and I must say, it's been a good trade-off. My hair seems more full and soft (Note, it does not give you Peggy Bundy hair, but it does make your hair seem bigger all around), the product line smells great, and my hair doesn't get as greasy as fast as it did with just co-washing. All around, I'd recommend it to people with fine hair, and for the price it's worth at least one try. Also, if you combine this product line with the Garnier De-Constructed Beach Chic (spray in damp hair and blow dry the roots, then throw a few more spritzes on there after it's dry, and scrunch away), it gives you really great hippie/beachy hair.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

Works really well. Adds some volume, doesn't leave a lot of residue, leaves my hair soft, shiny and healthy looking. Smells nice too! I am looking forward to trying the whole of products.

About reviewer (492 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool