Skinceuticals Mineral Radiance UV Defense SPF 50

Skinceuticals Mineral Radiance UV Defense SPF 50
Mineral Radiance UV Defense SPF 50

1.8

Aqua/Water, Titanium Dioxide, Isododecane, Isododecane, Undecane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Methicone, Nylon-12, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Phenethyl Benzoate, Tridecane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Silica, Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Dicaprylyl Ether, Talc, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Aluminium Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, CI 77492, Aluminum Stearate, PEG-8 Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77491, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopherol, CI 77499, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, Artemia Extract, Benzoic Acid, PEG-9, D158266/1.

on 7/18/2017 11:10:00 AM

This the EU version of Physical Fusion. Sort of. I picked it up foolishly thinking it was just a re-named Physical Fusion, but there are differences. Mineral Radiance doesn't have zinc oxide as UV filter, instead it has doubled the amount of titanium dioxide (according to Skinceuticals 11% titanium dioxide). I don't put much trust in titanium as the only UV filter, there are very few trademarked varieties of titanium that offer sufficient UVA protection and comply with critial wavelength requirements (at least 370 nm in EU) and they are all not photostable since they are all nano/micro scale (unlike opaque titanium, which is photostable). Other than boarderline insufficient protection the texture is same as Physical Fusion, it's thin and endlessly greasy. It never sets on skin, and if I applied an additional layer it looks even more nasty. The shade is also not universal as Skinceuticals claims, it's universal for people with medium NC25 skin tones, and that's about it, my skin is lighter and it doesn't match or adapt to it. Also, probably due to higher amount of titanium in the product Mineral Radiance has a gray undercast, but it's not the gray as in Korean BB creams, it just makes skin look ashy. So the look on face is shiny and ashy, definitely very far from radiant. In contrast to Physical Fusion, which, while also too dark for my skin, at least offers protection (but apparently not good enough for it to comply with EU regulations, since zinc oxide is back on list of approved filters in EU, but no US brands including SC seem to market any of their sun products here), Mineral Radiance is a flop (like all the other sunscreens Skinceuticals makes specifically for the highly restrictive EU market). It didn't dry out or irritate, or broke me out, so the base ingredients are ok, aside from being very far from elegant feel on skin. Can't say whether or not it protects from burns or pigment as I used it indoors only (and I wouldn't use Physical Fusion outdoors either) for quite a short period of time.

on 7/6/2017 11:45:00 AM

I have been in a search for tinted sun screen for long and thought to give this a try.
FIRST:this only saves you from UVA. Where is the UVB?
There is only one shade of this, I looked at it it looked like a nc20 at mac (I am NW15 at mac, light 2 at nars, light 46 at KVD).
Even though it was a shade darker I bought it but IT OXIDIZES so much.
My skin turned out orangey-mud color.
It clogs the pores too.
The only positive thing about this product is that It gives a light sheer coverage which I liked.
I guess the only type of person who would like this product would be who has a dry, poreless skin which is in medium color.

on 2/8/2017 7:09:00 AM

This is Skinceuticals' tinted, mineral, high-SPF sunscreen for the EU where, until recently, micronized zinc oxide wasn't officially approved as a sun filter.

This uses titanium dioxide alone. And although the concentrations aren't listed, I found it to be identical to La Roche Posay Anthelios Mineral SPF 50 Tinted in the US, which means we have 11% Titanium Dioxide here.

That means excellent UVB and UVA protection, proven by the UVA insignia on the bottle which means this product is COLIPA compliance for broad-spectrum protection. I also found out from Skinceuticals that this product has a PPD of 21.

Lovely, light, with just enough color. Highly recommended.

on 1/12/2017 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with the two previous reviewers. I have sensitive, rosacea-prone skin and react to many products. This is my second experience with a mineral sunscreen and I was sold on the 'tint'. I was hoping this would be good for no makeup days. I am a MAC NW 25 and this left me looking grey and feeling like a have a mask on my face. The search continues.

on 4/21/2015 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I got this as a sample that was only good for one usage. I wish I didn't try it at all.
Well, first it applied really nicely and dried velvety, although took a good 30-40 minutes to do so. Felt quite lightweight but you can still feel it on the skin. However, the color was totally off for my skintone. It has beige-y tone, which can still be manageable, but the shade was at least 2 shades darker than my skin. It made my skin looks like I'm wearing a white/grey mask, which is just as worse as a whitecast. The color is similar to that of Vichy Capital Soleil BB Cream. It may fit NC/W15-25 better.

What was worst is that immediately after application, my face felt warming up and it stung my skin, particularly so around the eyes. The stinging sensation didn't cease the whole time I was wearing it, I can still feel my face feeling warm.

P.S.: I put some of the excess on my hands and this sunscreen just sucked the life outta my hands. They feel so dry!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I moved to Italy from So CA and I love it here, but it is so difficult to find the products I am used to in the States! Particularly mineral sunscreens. I picked this up on a trip to Frankfurt and figured that this is the European version of their Physical sunscreen but this one is missing zinc oxide altogether. It comes in a pink-grey liquid that makes my NC25-30 skin look positively grey so I would not recommend this to anyone with tan skin. Makeup colour changes completely over it so that does not work either. It starts of really oily when you put it on, then dries to a very dry and cakey finish. It wasn't cheap either, I paid 35 Euros for a 50ml bottle. All in all a bad purchase, I am going to have to finish it up using it at home.

Ingredients:
aqua, titanium dioxide, isododecane, dimethicone, undecane, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, styrene/acrylates copolymer, caprylyl methicone, nylon-12, butyloctyl salicylate, phenethyl benzoate, tridecane, dicapryl carbonate, silica, triethylhexanoin, isohexadecane, dicapryl ether, talc, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, aluminium hydroxide, stearic acid, pentylene glycol, peg-9 polydimrthylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, cl 77492, aluminium stearate, peg-8 laurate, phenoxyethanol, magnesium sulphate, caprlyl glycol, alumina, polyhydroxystearic acid, disteardimonium hectorite, cl77491, diethylhexyl syringylidenemalonate, tocopherol cl 77499, propylene carbonate, c9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, artemia extract, benzoic acid, peg-9, D158266/1